Gay Rights slams Kobe-- "what a disgrace" Kobe gets fined 100k

Originally Posted by BK201

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Originally Posted by proper english

the irony. 
A gay person and a minority are not the same.  Race and sexual preference are too different things. 

Lets say a white racist, homophobe runs a business and interviews 2 candiates for a job.  One is a straight black man and the other is a gay white man.  He interviews the black man and immediately in his mind knows he won't offer the job to him.  Then he interviews the gay white man.   What in the interview will address his sexual preference? Nothing.  So the white gay man gets the job.  See the difference?  What you do in your home isn't the worlds business.

If I don't like asians I can pick them out.  If I don't like whites I can pick them out.  How can I pick out a gay person by just looking at them?  hmmmmm....that's my point.  Fashion is a choice.  Haircuts are a choice. Using certain slang and tone of voice is a choice.  I'm not arguing that homosexuality is something you are born with or not.  I don't know and don't care.  My point is you can be gay and act "normal".  Why is that so hard to grasp? 

If you choose to wear attention seeking clothing, dye your hair, or adopt traits of another gender then that's a choice.  Fashion, style, etc. is a choice and if you make those choices then you should be strong enough to deal with the attention negative or not. 

Why can't there just be 2 different "struggles" or "movements" why would gays want to be grouped with african-americans?  It's not the same so just chill out with all that.
One gay person and a minority group aren't the same but a minority of gay people are.
Okay the gay person gets the job. But what happens after he starts putting up pix of him and his husband? *Hi Tyrone looks like you got the job after all*

What in the world is normal?
Acting normal to me is being yourself no matter what others might think of you.
You think acting normal is abiding by stupid and ridiculous social norms.
Basically what you're saying is that you can act normal(gay) and you can act normal(sheep that abides by social norms).

What you perceive as attention seeking is going to differentiate from what another person perceives as attention seeking.
For instance a sneakerhead might not see some dude wearing $350 jordans as an attention seeking tool but he may see a skinny kid wearing skinny jeans an attention seeking tool.

Why? The end result is obtaining rights that they should have already had. So why divide them if they both are striving to achieve the same thing? Seems silly to me. As if grouping them together is downplaying the struggle blacks had to go to back in the day.
such hypocrisy....thank you. Dude is acting like the united states isn't a melting pot of cultures and subcultures one of which I'm sure he belongs to. And lol @ him acting like a black person can't "act as white as possible" to appease the corporate world and conform to social norms.

WTH is gay fashion anyways, I have a lot of gay friends and they just dress like everybody else. I love how dude assumes all gay people are cross-dressers.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Today gay fashion is just FASHION.
ohwell.gif

Has it occurred to him that someone can be homophobic and NOT RACIST. And how does he not see how the other examples I posted also apply....there are many ways people can assimilate to avoid being looked at differently. Hell even black people themselves do it in an attempt to compensate.

No one should ever have to hide who they are as a person, unless if who they are if an axe murderer who eats children or an ignorant racist then by all means do the opposite.

Originally Posted by proper english

the irony. 
A gay person and a minority are not the same.  Race and sexual preference are too different things. 

Lets say a white racist, homophobe runs a business and interviews 2 candiates for a job.  One is a straight black man and the other is a gay white man.  He interviews the black man and immediately in his mind knows he won't offer the job to him.  Then he interviews the gay white man.   What in the interview will address his sexual preference? Nothing.  So the white gay man gets the job.  See the difference?  What you do in your home isn't the worlds business.

If I don't like asians I can pick them out.  If I don't like whites I can pick them out.  How can I pick out a gay person by just looking at them?  hmmmmm....that's my point.  Fashion is a choice.  Haircuts are a choice. Using certain slang and tone of voice is a choice.  I'm not arguing that homosexuality is something you are born with or not.  I don't know and don't care.  My point is you can be gay and act "normal".  Why is that so hard to grasp? 

If you choose to wear attention seeking clothing, dye your hair, or adopt traits of another gender then that's a choice.  Fashion, style, etc. is a choice and if you make those choices then you should be strong enough to deal with the attention negative or not. 

Why can't there just be 2 different "struggles" or "movements" why would gays want to be grouped with african-americans?  It's not the same so just chill out with all that.
One gay person and a minority group aren't the same but a minority of gay people are.
Okay the gay person gets the job. But what happens after he starts putting up pix of him and his husband? *Hi Tyrone looks like you got the job after all*

Basically what you're saying is that you can act normal(gay) and you can act normal(sheep that abides by social norms).

What you perceive as attention seeking is going to differentiate from what another person perceives as attention seeking.
For instance a sneakerhead might not see some dude wearing $350 jordans as an attention seeking tool but he may see a skinny kid wearing skinny jeans an attention seeking tool.

Why? The end result is obtaining rights that they should have already had. So why divide them if they both are striving to achieve the same thing? Seems silly to me. As if grouping them together is downplaying the struggle blacks had to go to back in the day.
such hypocrisy....thank you. Dude is acting like the united states isn't a melting pot of cultures and subcultures one of which I'm sure he belongs to. And lol @ him acting like a black person can't "act as white as possible" to appease the corporate world and conform to social norms.

WTH is gay fashion anyways, I have a lot of gay friends and they just dress like everybody else. I love how dude assumes all gay people are cross-dressers.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Today gay fashion is just FASHION.
ohwell.gif

Has it occurred to him that someone can be homophobic and NOT RACIST. And how does he not see how the other examples I posted also apply....there are many ways people can assimilate to avoid being looked at differently. Hell even black people themselves do it in an attempt to compensate.

No one should ever have to hide who they are as a person, unless if who they are if an axe murderer who eats children or an ignorant racist then by all means do the opposite.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Come on, Truth. Being transgender and homosexual are two completely different things. You probably shouldn't speak on things you don't know about.

When did I speak on transgendered people?  I didn't...but if you must they do group themselves together when the phrase LGBT is used.  And once again Anton you continue to involve religion when nobody is talking about that.

You involved fashion when no one was talking about that....i essentially made the same foolish point you made with a different way of categorizing people. I was mocking you. I was also referring to culture rather than religion but yea if u wanna make this a religion thread we can do that.
eyes.gif

You don't see how someone coming in with a beard and being muslim could raise flags during a job interview....and you don't see how the person has the option of cutting the beard and not rocking wearing any accessories that are a part of his/her culture. No ofcourse, all you got out of it...is an attempt to involve religion.
eyes.gif

Come on, Truth. Being transgender and homosexual are two completely different things. You probably shouldn't speak on things you don't know about.

When did I speak on transgendered people?  I didn't...but if you must they do group themselves together when the phrase LGBT is used.  And once again Anton you continue to involve religion when nobody is talking about that.

You involved fashion when no one was talking about that....i essentially made the same foolish point you made with a different way of categorizing people. I was mocking you. I was also referring to culture rather than religion but yea if u wanna make this a religion thread we can do that.
eyes.gif

You don't see how someone coming in with a beard and being muslim could raise flags during a job interview....and you don't see how the person has the option of cutting the beard and not rocking wearing any accessories that are a part of his/her culture. No ofcourse, all you got out of it...is an attempt to involve religion.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I actually don't tho...my point was sexual preference isn't revealed by looks.  So you and your gay friends will not face the same prejudice a black person would.  Fact.  The only time I would ever suspect a stranger to be gay would be through their fashion and/or the way they carry themselves.  But even then I wouldn't be 100% and it wouldn't even matter.  See my point? 

Stop trying to hard with the rolling smilies and listen.  We agreed that all humans deserve respect and that this is different than the Civil Rights movement.  But you continue to attempt to put words in my mouth and try to make me some kind of enemy when Im actually making sense.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I actually don't tho...my point was sexual preference isn't revealed by looks.  So you and your gay friends will not face the same prejudice a black person would.  Fact.  The only time I would ever suspect a stranger to be gay would be through their fashion and/or the way they carry themselves.  But even then I wouldn't be 100% and it wouldn't even matter.  See my point? 

Stop trying to hard with the rolling smilies and listen.  We agreed that all humans deserve respect and that this is different than the Civil Rights movement.  But you continue to attempt to put words in my mouth and try to make me some kind of enemy when Im actually making sense.

You mentioned how you apparently feel that homosexuals dress like the opposite sex, which would be crossdressing or transgender. You're making blanket statements. Almost all of the gay people that I know don't dress like the opposite gender, or in any way that you could single then out as gay.

You mentioned how you apparently feel that homosexuals dress like the opposite sex, which would be crossdressing or transgender. You're making blanket statements. Almost all of the gay people that I know don't dress like the opposite gender, or in any way that you could single then out as gay.

i see no victim here

freedom of speech
stop letting the media and special interest groups get you upset
if you can't follow me, then grow up
everything doesn't always have to be a big deal

i see no victim here

freedom of speech
stop letting the media and special interest groups get you upset
if you can't follow me, then grow up
everything doesn't always have to be a big deal

I never said that at all tho...please find the quote.  I was saying that the only way we would assume a stranger was a homosexual was through fashion and mannerism.  I said this to show the difference between gays and blacks.  Black people have to expose their skin.  Gays don't expose their sexual preference to strangers UNLESS they choose to dress or act a certain way.

AND also my point was if you go out and dress different then people will react.  Gay. Straight. whatever. If I wear a yankees hat to a Red Sox game people will react because it's not the norm.  The norm would be Boston caps.  People will react and "attack" verbally or physically to things that are different.  It almost has nothing to do with gay or straight in most cases. 

Can we agree on that?  I never used the phrase "gay fashion" or anything like that.  Read what I said and don't let Anton put words in my mouth.

I never said that at all tho...please find the quote.  I was saying that the only way we would assume a stranger was a homosexual was through fashion and mannerism.  I said this to show the difference between gays and blacks.  Black people have to expose their skin.  Gays don't expose their sexual preference to strangers UNLESS they choose to dress or act a certain way.

AND also my point was if you go out and dress different then people will react.  Gay. Straight. whatever. If I wear a yankees hat to a Red Sox game people will react because it's not the norm.  The norm would be Boston caps.  People will react and "attack" verbally or physically to things that are different.  It almost has nothing to do with gay or straight in most cases. 

Can we agree on that?  I never used the phrase "gay fashion" or anything like that.  Read what I said and don't let Anton put words in my mouth.

And just for the record, you CAN hide the fact that you're black...Michael Jackson?  So that argument is null and void.
I feel like all of the "black struggle was harder than the gay struggle" supporters feel like comparing the two reduces the significance of the "black struggle."  I feel that supporting that ideology at all just reveals an intolerance of gays to begin with.

And just for the record, you CAN hide the fact that you're black...Michael Jackson?  So that argument is null and void.
I feel like all of the "black struggle was harder than the gay struggle" supporters feel like comparing the two reduces the significance of the "black struggle."  I feel that supporting that ideology at all just reveals an intolerance of gays to begin with.

People are just way too sensitive these days. All these activists need to take a chill pill forreal. It gets annoying when these people set these "standards" that were all supposed to live by.

People are just way too sensitive these days. All these activists need to take a chill pill forreal. It gets annoying when these people set these "standards" that were all supposed to live by.

Why is this dude acting like skin color is the only method people use to discriminate between one another. I choose a perfect example using culture and religion and he choose to dismiss it. People use their senses (eyes) in the case of race to discriminate against black. He admitted it himself that gay people have mannerism and "a peculiar fashion style" (debatable). In the same way someone from a certain culture may have mannerisms, customs, way of speaking, language etc that may render them susceptible to prejudice.

His whole argument seems like a cry of neglect. Like a person from New Orleans going into a thread about the Japan disaster and complaining about how their disaster was worse. When people brought up the civil rights movement they weren't trying to say the black movement was any more or less important, they were using it as an example of similar acts of ignorance and prejudice that have plagued humanity. So stop ranting about fashion.
eyes.gif

Why is this dude acting like skin color is the only method people use to discriminate between one another. I choose a perfect example using culture and religion and he choose to dismiss it. People use their senses (eyes) in the case of race to discriminate against black. He admitted it himself that gay people have mannerism and "a peculiar fashion style" (debatable). In the same way someone from a certain culture may have mannerisms, customs, way of speaking, language etc that may render them susceptible to prejudice.

His whole argument seems like a cry of neglect. Like a person from New Orleans going into a thread about the Japan disaster and complaining about how their disaster was worse. When people brought up the civil rights movement they weren't trying to say the black movement was any more or less important, they were using it as an example of similar acts of ignorance and prejudice that have plagued humanity. So stop ranting about fashion.
eyes.gif

Green rhino, the reason this became a big deal is because Kobe stans were whining about the fine. Then sensible NTers came in to say, hey... what he said was actually offensive to a lot of people.

Truth, if that's what you really meant then ok. But the rights issues are SIMILAR, and if you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you.

Green rhino, the reason this became a big deal is because Kobe stans were whining about the fine. Then sensible NTers came in to say, hey... what he said was actually offensive to a lot of people.

Truth, if that's what you really meant then ok. But the rights issues are SIMILAR, and if you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you.

Originally Posted by eaalto

QFT

Especially when no one was even saying the two struggles are the "same".

Originally Posted by eaalto

QFT

Especially when no one was even saying the two struggles are the "same".

eyes.gif

We were comparing blacks vs gays

I showed you the difference between the two and why they are in 2 different lanes.

You got tight and began to discuss things that weren't relevent in an attempt to twist my words.  Like bringing in religious dress and other things.

Then you tried your hardest to make me look like the bad guy.  When I said "gays can dress normal" you and BK said "what's normal, they should be free to express themselves".  Then when I said "if they don't dress normal then they are gonna get attention" you said "my gay friends dress normal so what are you talking about". Hmmmm

You kept trying to find an angle to paint me as some kind of ignorant homophobe but it didn't work. 

Bottomline is racism is a bigger deal than gay rights because a gay person does have it easier...at least in America.  But that's not saying gay people shouldn't have rights.

some of ya'll need to leave the house and meet some damn gay people then come back here and talk all of this mess.

some of ya'll need to leave the house and meet some damn gay people then come back here and talk all of this mess.

Back
Top Bottom