Gay Rights slams Kobe-- "what a disgrace" Kobe gets fined 100k

Originally Posted by Kayway8

People are just way too sensitive these days. All these activists need to take a chill pill forreal. It gets annoying when these people set these "standards" that were all supposed to live by.
THE IRONY. 
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Kayway8

People are just way too sensitive these days. All these activists need to take a chill pill forreal. It gets annoying when these people set these "standards" that were all supposed to live by.
THE IRONY. 
eek.gif

Originally Posted by anotherprodigy

You really do rely too heavily on outliers and misconstrue too many arguments in this discussion.

Truth never said he believed that EVERY Gay acts or dresses flamboyant. He merely stated that initially you can not seperate straight from homosexual. However, you can easily pick a Black from a White. Furthermore, he never compared the plight of Muslims and Jews. Where did you get that?

Like I said before....There are a lot of apples to oranges in here.
I used the example of muslim and jews to show the fact that someone can take measures to change who they are an not be discriminated against. IT ISN'T UNIQUE TO HOMOSEXUALITY. I didn't say he compared the plight of muslims and jews. And this brings me back to my original point, why does he care that its easier to pick out a black man than someones orientation.....it doesn't stop gay people from being discriminated against. And by bringing that up is he saying that gay people should make the effort to not be so "gay".

Is a person who hates gays so much that he wants them all wiped off the face of the earth, but is a supporter of his own right to "civil rights" and to live free of prejudice and hatred a hypocrite? The answer is yes.

The same hypocrisy in ingrained in our constitution, the Colonists wanted "independence" from the British but owned slaves. If someone were to reveal this irony and hypocrisy to them they would give an it's not the same speech like many in here are doing.

You really do rely too heavily on outliers and misconstrue too many arguments in this discussion.

Truth never said he believed that EVERY Gay acts or dresses flamboyant. He merely stated that initially you can not seperate straight from homosexual. However, you can easily pick a Black from a White. Furthermore, he never compared the plight of Muslims and Jews. Where did you get that?

I used the example of muslim and jews to show the fact that someone can take measures to change who they are an not be discriminated against. IT ISN'T UNIQUE TO HOMOSEXUALITY. I didn't say he compared the plight of muslims and jews. And this brings me back to my original point, why does he care that its easier to pick out a black man than someones orientation.....it doesn't stop gay people from being discriminated against. And by bringing that up is he saying that gay people should make the effort to not be so "gay".

Is a person who hates gays so much that he wants them all wiped off the face of the earth, but is a supporter of his own right to "civil rights" and to live free of prejudice and hatred a hypocrite? The answer is yes.

The same hypocrisy in ingrained in our constitution, the Colonists wanted "independence" from the British but owned slaves. If someone were to reveal this irony and hypocrisy to them they would give an it's not the same speech like many in here are doing.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Why are you reaching so hard?  I never said that
laugh.gif
 what is "gay"? My point was gay people have a CHOICE. They can pick and choose to reveal who they are.  That's the only point.  Once again you are attempting to twist my words.
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
 what is "gay"? My point was gay people have a CHOICE. They can pick and choose to reveal who they are.  That's the only point.  Once again you are attempting to twist my words.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Originally Posted by eaalto

And just for the record, you CAN hide the fact that you're black...Michael Jackson?  So that argument is null and void.
I feel like all of the "black struggle was harder than the gay struggle" supporters feel like comparing the two reduces the significance of the "black struggle."  I feel that supporting that ideology at all just reveals an intolerance of gays to begin with.

QFT

Especially when no one was even saying the two struggles are the "same".

Actually the dude BK201 and this guy ARE saying the struggle is the same because blacks can "hide" their skin
laugh.gif
  You must be really dumb.  You just agreed with 2 clowns I'm done.
I was being sarcastic when I typed that.
I said the end result is the same "getting rights that that should have already had."
ILL LEGAL OPERATION wrote:
...but as a Black man, the "gay plight" comparison to the civil rights movement is ridiculously offensive. 

How?
Is the end result not the same which is getting rights that they should have already had?

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

I hope that people in this thread understand that by discounting one group's plight because it's "not as bad" as that of another only makes YOU look like a damn fool.

1dDdS.gif

Originally Posted by eaalto

And just for the record, you CAN hide the fact that you're black...Michael Jackson?  So that argument is null and void.
I feel like all of the "black struggle was harder than the gay struggle" supporters feel like comparing the two reduces the significance of the "black struggle."  I feel that supporting that ideology at all just reveals an intolerance of gays to begin with.

QFT

Especially when no one was even saying the two struggles are the "same".

Actually the dude BK201 and this guy ARE saying the struggle is the same because blacks can "hide" their skin
laugh.gif
  You must be really dumb.  You just agreed with 2 clowns I'm done.
I was being sarcastic when I typed that.
I said the end result is the same "getting rights that that should have already had."
ILL LEGAL OPERATION wrote:
...but as a Black man, the "gay plight" comparison to the civil rights movement is ridiculously offensive. 

How?
Is the end result not the same which is getting rights that they should have already had?

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

I hope that people in this thread understand that by discounting one group's plight because it's "not as bad" as that of another only makes YOU look like a damn fool.

1dDdS.gif

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

So should they pick and choose who they reveal themselves to? Two women going out as a couple, and getting raped for it and beaten seems like barely much of a CHOICE. Choosing to hide who you are is barely much of a "CHOICE". That is my point.
indifferent.gif
I'm not twisting your words, I hear you loud and clear. A Muslim getting discriminated against has a "CHOICE" to not act so Muslim. During the Holocaust a lot of Jews had the "CHOICE" to not be so Jewish. Is this really a choice if you're forced to?

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

So should they pick and choose who they reveal themselves to? Two women going out as a couple, and getting raped for it and beaten seems like barely much of a CHOICE. Choosing to hide who you are is barely much of a "CHOICE". That is my point.
indifferent.gif
I'm not twisting your words, I hear you loud and clear. A Muslim getting discriminated against has a "CHOICE" to not act so Muslim. During the Holocaust a lot of Jews had the "CHOICE" to not be so Jewish. Is this really a choice if you're forced to?

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

So should they pick and choose who they reveal themselves to? Two women going out as a couple, and then getting raped for it and beaten seems like barely much of a CHOICE. Choosing to hide who you are is barely much of a "CHOICE". That is my point.
indifferent.gif
I'm not twisting your words, I hear you loud and clear.

You really use the most extreme examples every rebuttal you post. 
laugh.gif
  Who's talking about rape? We all pick and choose what to reveal about ourself.  At work I wouldn't ever discuss religion or politics.....if you call thats "hiding" my true colors then so be it.  But my private life is my private life and only my friends and family will know about it.  See my point?  It's a choice.

But everyday I step into work I will be black before I open my mouth.  No choices

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

So should they pick and choose who they reveal themselves to? Two women going out as a couple, and then getting raped for it and beaten seems like barely much of a CHOICE. Choosing to hide who you are is barely much of a "CHOICE". That is my point.
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
  Who's talking about rape? We all pick and choose what to reveal about ourself.  At work I wouldn't ever discuss religion or politics.....if you call thats "hiding" my true colors then so be it.  But my private life is my private life and only my friends and family will know about it.  See my point?  It's a choice.

But everyday I step into work I will be black before I open my mouth.  No choices

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

If you are married- in the work place, it is ok to tell a coworker or even your boss that you have children. A gay person should be able to be himself in the work place. I have had gay coworkers, everybody knew they were gay, some had significant others. But you equate revealing basic "personal details" about yourself to discussing religion.

People have pictures of their family in their cubicles at their work station, but you probably don't have a problem with this....but with homosexuals it is information too taboo and too personal to reveal. so if you're gay only family and friends should know about it (which many gay people have trouble doing so because of fear of acceptance)?

Like people who work together don't sometimes discuss family, love, friendship, hobbies casually etc....

eyes.gif

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

If you are married- in the work place, it is ok to tell a coworker or even your boss that you have children. A gay person should be able to be himself in the work place. I have had gay coworkers, everybody knew they were gay, some had significant others. But you equate revealing basic "personal details" about yourself to discussing religion.

People have pictures of their family in their cubicles at their work station, but you probably don't have a problem with this....but with homosexuals it is information too taboo and too personal to reveal. so if you're gay only family and friends should know about it (which many gay people have trouble doing so because of fear of acceptance)?

Like people who work together don't sometimes discuss family, love, friendship, hobbies casually etc....

eyes.gif

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

I think people are born gay, and if that's how you are - whatever. Who am I to judge?

Yes because you assume every gay person in history has been chilling in parades, sipping pina coladas and having orgies. There are people who have been killed and in many parts of the world continue to live in fear because of their sexual orientation. This country is more tolerant than most. I don't find it offensive at all because I know I'm not saying the gay plight and the civil rights movement are the same....they are however based on the same ignorance. A lot of which hypocritically is being exhibited in this thread. I think all movements for civil rights should empower one another.-but people who had an issue with homosexuals to begin with ofcourse will not see it this way.

laugh.gif

...you know what? You got it homie - get it how u live.

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

I think people are born gay, and if that's how you are - whatever. Who am I to judge?

Yes because you assume every gay person in history has been chilling in parades, sipping pina coladas and having orgies. There are people who have been killed and in many parts of the world continue to live in fear because of their sexual orientation. This country is more tolerant than most. I don't find it offensive at all because I know I'm not saying the gay plight and the civil rights movement are the same....they are however based on the same ignorance. A lot of which hypocritically is being exhibited in this thread. I think all movements for civil rights should empower one another.-but people who had an issue with homosexuals to begin with ofcourse will not see it this way.

laugh.gif

...you know what? You got it homie - get it how u live.

TruthGetsBusy wrote:
In the same sense that you can't tell a gay man from his outward appearance, you could also not distinguish a "black" man either.  I'm not saying this to be directly offensive, but a lot of people are familiar with the expressions "acting black" vs. "acting white," and how far one or the other will get you in corporate America.  Just like there are gays that act outwardly flamboyant, there are also others that could more or less pass for heterosexual if you didn't know any better.  Could you say the same about black people?  There are some that act "ghetto/black" and spew out a bunch of urban slang, or some that act "white" and speak proper English?
So you're saying that gays can choose to act heterosexual if it suits them, can you choose to act "white"? 

At the end of the day you are who you are.  Your character is who I judge you on, not by your exterior.  Just because you are black, I will not pass judgment on you.  If you talk like an idiot who says dis and dat and drops the N word all the time, I will think you're just that, an idiot.  And I would feel the same if you were black, white, asian, whatever.  But then again, that's because I don't identify with those mannerisms.

And I know it's messed up, but I feel the same way about gays.  I simply get annoyed by the flamboyance and diva attitudes.  But there are straight people who exude that personality type that annoy me all the same.  

So I don't buy into your "I'm black before I open my mouth," because you can choose how you are perceived by whoever is perceiving you.  You can act ghetto, you can act proper.  You can speak in Ebonics, or like a college graduate.  

Unless you're living in the wrong place, America has come a long way with regards to race relations.  Just saying.

I still agree with Anton on this...if you take offense to the Civil Rights/LGBT comparison, there seems to be some underlying intolerance of gays.  And I know that a lot of blacks really disapprove of homosexuality.  Not saying there aren't a lot of whites that agree with them, but it's kind of a load of +##% when you preach about the hardships that blacks went through and can't even draw a parallel to the homosexuals.  

I hope I'm not off base in saying it's probably just as hurtful to be called a homosexual slur as it is to be called a racial slur, if there is hate behind it.

TruthGetsBusy wrote:
In the same sense that you can't tell a gay man from his outward appearance, you could also not distinguish a "black" man either.  I'm not saying this to be directly offensive, but a lot of people are familiar with the expressions "acting black" vs. "acting white," and how far one or the other will get you in corporate America.  Just like there are gays that act outwardly flamboyant, there are also others that could more or less pass for heterosexual if you didn't know any better.  Could you say the same about black people?  There are some that act "ghetto/black" and spew out a bunch of urban slang, or some that act "white" and speak proper English?
So you're saying that gays can choose to act heterosexual if it suits them, can you choose to act "white"? 

At the end of the day you are who you are.  Your character is who I judge you on, not by your exterior.  Just because you are black, I will not pass judgment on you.  If you talk like an idiot who says dis and dat and drops the N word all the time, I will think you're just that, an idiot.  And I would feel the same if you were black, white, asian, whatever.  But then again, that's because I don't identify with those mannerisms.

And I know it's messed up, but I feel the same way about gays.  I simply get annoyed by the flamboyance and diva attitudes.  But there are straight people who exude that personality type that annoy me all the same.  

So I don't buy into your "I'm black before I open my mouth," because you can choose how you are perceived by whoever is perceiving you.  You can act ghetto, you can act proper.  You can speak in Ebonics, or like a college graduate.  

Unless you're living in the wrong place, America has come a long way with regards to race relations.  Just saying.

I still agree with Anton on this...if you take offense to the Civil Rights/LGBT comparison, there seems to be some underlying intolerance of gays.  And I know that a lot of blacks really disapprove of homosexuality.  Not saying there aren't a lot of whites that agree with them, but it's kind of a load of +##% when you preach about the hardships that blacks went through and can't even draw a parallel to the homosexuals.  

I hope I'm not off base in saying it's probably just as hurtful to be called a homosexual slur as it is to be called a racial slur, if there is hate behind it.

wait.. some people actually think Nigerian NTer who goes by the username "Anton LaVey" is his actual govt name? 
eek.gif

i dont even. 

wait.. some people actually think Nigerian NTer who goes by the username "Anton LaVey" is his actual govt name? 
eek.gif

i dont even. 

Originally Posted by BK201

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

Originally Posted by The Encore

Yet Duncan got ejected in the past because he was laughing on the bench?

You can hide your sexual orientation if you want to, I can't hide my race/skin color...
That doesn't matter because at the end of the day people of color and people that are gay are being discriminated against because of who they are.

No, people of color are being discriminated against because of "what" they are not because of "who" they are.  Yes, discrimination is discrimination, but to say that a gay, white male is just as looked down upon by society as a straight, asian/african/latino is almost comical.  9 times out of 10, none of us can even tell a gay person from a straight person, but you can definitely look at me and tell my ethnicity with more certainty.  Don't get me wrong though, I'm not saying that gays are whining about nothing, they definitely have legitimate issues in society, I just don't think discrimination against gays is on the same level as racism...
Originally Posted by Method Man

You can hide your sexual orientation if you want to, I can't hide my race/skin color...
And I shouldn't have to try to conceal my ethnicity, but we don't live in a perfect world.  Like I said, most people these days can't even tell if someone is gay, but they can look at me and tell what my ethnicity is.  I'm being judged before I even say a word, and somehow I'm supposed to believe that someone's sexual orientation is giving them as much problems as my skin color/ethnicity gives me?  I'm not gonna lie, it's pretty hard to comprehend...

Back
Top Bottom