Gay Rights slams Kobe-- "what a disgrace" Kobe gets fined 100k

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Why is this dude acting like skin color is the only method people use to discriminate between one another. I choose a perfect example using culture and religion and he choose to dismiss it. People use their senses (eyes) in the case of race to discriminate against black. He admitted it himself that gay people have mannerism and "a peculiar fashion style" (debatable). In the same way someone from a certain culture may have mannerisms, customs, way of speaking, language etc that may render them susceptible to prejudice.

His whole argument seems like a cry of neglect. Like a person from New Orleans going into a thread about the Japan disaster and complaining about how their disaster was worse. When people brought up the civil rights movement they weren't trying to say the black movement was any more or less important, they were using it as an example of similar acts of ignorance and prejudice that have plagued humanity. So stop ranting about fashion.
eyes.gif

We were comparing blacks vs gays

I showed you the difference between the two and why they are in 2 different lanes.

You got tight and began to discuss things that weren't relevent in an attempt to twist my words.  Like bringing in religious dress and other things.

Then you tried your hardest to make me look like the bad guy.  When I said "gays can dress normal" you and BK said "what's normal, they should be free to express themselves".  Then when I said "if they don't dress normal then they are gonna get attention" you said "my gay friends dress normal so what are you talking about". Hmmmm

You kept trying to find an angle to paint me as some kind of ignorant homophobe but it didn't work. 

Bottomline is racism is a bigger deal than gay rights because a gay person does have it easier...at least in America.  But that's not saying gay people shouldn't have rights.

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Why is this dude acting like skin color is the only method people use to discriminate between one another. I choose a perfect example using culture and religion and he choose to dismiss it. People use their senses (eyes) in the case of race to discriminate against black. He admitted it himself that gay people have mannerism and "a peculiar fashion style" (debatable). In the same way someone from a certain culture may have mannerisms, customs, way of speaking, language etc that may render them susceptible to prejudice.

His whole argument seems like a cry of neglect. Like a person from New Orleans going into a thread about the Japan disaster and complaining about how their disaster was worse. When people brought up the civil rights movement they weren't trying to say the black movement was any more or less important, they were using it as an example of similar acts of ignorance and prejudice that have plagued humanity. So stop ranting about fashion.
eyes.gif

I showed you the difference between the two and why they are in 2 different lanes.

You got tight and began to discuss things that weren't relevent in an attempt to twist my words.  Like bringing in religious dress and other things.

Then you tried your hardest to make me look like the bad guy.  When I said "gays can dress normal" you and BK said "what's normal, they should be free to express themselves".  Then when I said "if they don't dress normal then they are gonna get attention" you said "my gay friends dress normal so what are you talking about". Hmmmm

You kept trying to find an angle to paint me as some kind of ignorant homophobe but it didn't work. 

Bottomline is racism is a bigger deal than gay rights because a gay person does have it easier...at least in America.  But that's not saying gay people shouldn't have rights.
Why? YOU ARE COMPARING BLACKS vs GAYS. No one in this thread is trying to compare blacks and gays....you brought it up. All we said it all struggles for civil rights are important and the black civil right movement can be used an example to inspire the gay civil rights movement.

You're painting yourself as an ignorant homophobe.

eyes.gif

Why? YOU ARE COMPARING BLACKS vs GAYS. No one in this thread is trying to compare blacks and gays....you brought it up. All we said it all struggles for civil rights are important and the black civil right movement can be used an example to inspire the gay civil rights movement.

You're painting yourself as an ignorant homophobe.

Originally Posted by eaalto

And just for the record, you CAN hide the fact that you're black...Michael Jackson?  So that argument is null and void.
I feel like all of the "black struggle was harder than the gay struggle" supporters feel like comparing the two reduces the significance of the "black struggle."  I feel that supporting that ideology at all just reveals an intolerance of gays to begin with.

QFT

Especially when no one was even saying the two struggles are the "same".

Actually the dude BK201 and this guy ARE saying the struggle is the same because blacks can "hide" their skin
laugh.gif
  You must be really dumb.  You just agreed with 2 clowns I'm done.

And just for the record, you CAN hide the fact that you're black...Michael Jackson?  So that argument is null and void.
I feel like all of the "black struggle was harder than the gay struggle" supporters feel like comparing the two reduces the significance of the "black struggle."  I feel that supporting that ideology at all just reveals an intolerance of gays to begin with.

QFT

Actually the dude BK201 and this guy ARE saying the struggle is the same because blacks can "hide" their skin
laugh.gif

you people are +*!#!%$ dumb.

why the @+%* would you compare the civil rights of blacks with gays its so stupid.

when black people wake up they're black, go to sleep they're black, in public they're black, speak they're black they can't hide that.

you look at someone in the street can you hate them for being gay before they open their mouth, while they're sleeping in their home, working?

gthoh make your own history. theres a lot of injustice against the gay community but just stop this nonsense.

why the @+%* would you compare the civil rights of blacks with gays its so stupid.

when black people wake up they're black, go to sleep they're black, in public they're black, speak they're black they can't hide that.

you look at someone in the street can you hate them for being gay before they open their mouth, while they're sleeping in their home, working?

gthoh make your own history. theres a lot of injustice against the gay community but just stop this nonsense.

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

yea, i guess MLK was tryna make up his own history when he became inspired by the injustices the Indian people suffered at the hands of British colonialism. No revolution has ever inspired another huh?

No one is tryna take your damn history history.

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

yea, i guess MLK was tryna make up his own history when he became inspired by the injustices the Indian people suffered at the hands of British colonialism. No revolution has ever inspired another huh?

No one is tryna take your damn history history.

QFT

laugh.gif

There are some really unintelligent people in this thread....it isn't BK201 and I and deep down you know it.
ohwell.gif

Carry on then.....go make excuses for your ignorance elsewhere.

QFT

laugh.gif

There are some really unintelligent people in this thread....it isn't BK201 and I and deep down you know it.
ohwell.gif

Carry on then.....go make excuses for your ignorance elsewhere.

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

BK201 wrote:Why? You guys say don't compare it to the civil rights movement...WHY???
Black%20civil%20rights%20demonstrators%20attacked%20by%20police%20water%20hose_%20Birmingham,%20Alabama%20May%201963_jpg.jpg

vs.

0,1020,953541,00.jpg

I think people are born gay, and if that's how you are - whatever. Who am I to judge?

...but as a Black man, the "gay plight" comparison to the civil rights movement is ridiculously offensive. 

Yes because you assume every gay person in history has been chilling in parades, sipping pina coladas and having orgies. There are people who have been killed and in many parts of the world continue to live in fear because of their sexual orientation. This country is more tolerant than most. I don't find it offensive at all because I know I'm not saying the gay plight and the civil rights movement are the same....they are however based on the same ignorance. A lot of which hypocritically is being exhibited in this thread. I think all movements for civil rights should empower one another.-but people who had an issue with homosexuals to begin with ofcourse will not see it this way.

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

BK201 wrote:Why? You guys say don't compare it to the civil rights movement...WHY???
Black%20civil%20rights%20demonstrators%20attacked%20by%20police%20water%20hose_%20Birmingham,%20Alabama%20May%201963_jpg.jpg

vs.

0,1020,953541,00.jpg

I think people are born gay, and if that's how you are - whatever. Who am I to judge?

...but as a Black man, the "gay plight" comparison to the civil rights movement is ridiculously offensive. 

Yes because you assume every gay person in history has been chilling in parades, sipping pina coladas and having orgies. There are people who have been killed and in many parts of the world continue to live in fear because of their sexual orientation. This country is more tolerant than most. I don't find it offensive at all because I know I'm not saying the gay plight and the civil rights movement are the same....they are however based on the same ignorance. A lot of which hypocritically is being exhibited in this thread. I think all movements for civil rights should empower one another.-but people who had an issue with homosexuals to begin with ofcourse will not see it this way.

SunDOOBIE wrote:
vs.

laugh.gif
eek.gif
 Nobody said that though.
And while Gay people have their hardships, it's NOT on the level of the Civil Rights movement. 

If a gay person wants to stay in the closet he/she can. It'll be a personal L but There's no "coming out" for skin color. 
ohwell.gif

SunDOOBIE wrote:
vs.

laugh.gif
eek.gif
 Nobody said that though.
And while Gay people have their hardships, it's NOT on the level of the Civil Rights movement. 

If a gay person wants to stay in the closet he/she can. It'll be a personal L but There's no "coming out" for skin color. 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

laugh.gif
eek.gif
 Nobody said that though.

ohwell.gif

Hold up, there's a quantifiable measurement for who got $%@# on by society harder? When you compare two tragedies, there are no winners only losers.

And don't act like you didn't see that pride parade pic dude threw up in comparison to the blacks getting hosed down.

This isn't directed at any one particular person but I hope that people in this thread understand that by discounting one group's plight because it's "not as bad" as that of another only makes YOU look like a damn fool.

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

laugh.gif
eek.gif
 Nobody said that though.

ohwell.gif

Hold up, there's a quantifiable measurement for who got $%@# on by society harder? When you compare two tragedies, there are no winners only losers.

And don't act like you didn't see that pride parade pic dude threw up in comparison to the blacks getting hosed down.

This isn't directed at any one particular person but I hope that people in this thread understand that by discounting one group's plight because it's "not as bad" as that of another only makes YOU look like a damn fool.

You really do rely too heavily on outliers and misconstrue too many arguments in this discussion.

Truth never said he believed that EVERY Gay acts or dresses flamboyant. He merely stated that initially you can not seperate straight from homosexual. However, you can easily pick a Black from a White. Furthermore, he never compared the plight of Muslims and Jews. Where did you get that?

Like I said before....There are a lot of apples to oranges in here.

You really do rely too heavily on outliers and misconstrue too many arguments in this discussion.

Truth never said he believed that EVERY Gay acts or dresses flamboyant. He merely stated that initially you can not seperate straight from homosexual. However, you can easily pick a Black from a White. Furthermore, he never compared the plight of Muslims and Jews. Where did you get that?

Like I said before....There are a lot of apples to oranges in here.

Back
Top Bottom