Gay Rights slams Kobe-- "what a disgrace" Kobe gets fined 100k

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Originally Posted by eaalto

TruthGetsBusy wrote:
But everyday I step into work I will be black before I open my mouth.  No choices
In the same sense that you can't tell a gay man from his outward appearance, you could also not distinguish a "black" man either.  I'm not saying this to be directly offensive, but a lot of people are familiar with the expressions "acting black" vs. "acting white," and how far one or the other will get you in corporate America.  Just like there are gays that act outwardly flamboyant, there are also others that could more or less pass for heterosexual if you didn't know any better.  Could you say the same about black people?  There are some that act "ghetto/black" and spew out a bunch of urban slang, or some that act "white" and speak proper English?
So you're saying that gays can choose to act heterosexual if it suits them, can you choose to act "white"? 

At the end of the day you are who you are.  Your character is who I judge you on, not by your exterior.  Just because you are black, I will not pass judgment on you.  If you talk like an idiot who says dis and dat and drops the N word all the time, I will think you're just that, an idiot.  And I would feel the same if you were black, white, asian, whatever.  But then again, that's because I don't identify with those mannerisms.

And I know it's messed up, but I feel the same way about gays.  I simply get annoyed by the flamboyance and diva attitudes.  But there are straight people who exude that personality type that annoy me all the same.  

So I don't buy into your "I'm black before I open my mouth," because you can choose how you are perceived by whoever is perceiving you.  You can act ghetto, you can act proper.  You can speak in Ebonics, or like a college graduate.  

Unless you're living in the wrong place, America has come a long way with regards to race relations.  Just saying.

I still agree with Anton on this...if you take offense to the Civil Rights/LGBT comparison, there seems to be some underlying intolerance of gays.  And I know that a lot of blacks really disapprove of homosexuality.  Not saying there aren't a lot of whites that agree with them, but it's kind of a load of +##% when you preach about the hardships that blacks went through and can't even draw a parallel to the homosexuals.  

I hope I'm not off base in saying it's probably just as hurtful to be called a homosexual slur as it is to be called a racial slur, if there is hate behind it.

eek.gif
 how many stereotypes did you just drop?  You clearly are not fit for a discussion like this. 

This has nothing to do with "acting" black or white.  And whatever that means. 
grin.gif
 This is simply people using their eyes to identify people as black,white, latino, asian, etc.  Point blank period.  Don't go into that "acting" ghetto or "proper" crap because that's a whole new can of worms and you clearly don't know what you're talking about.  Minorities don't get discriminated against because they have "ghetto" or other personality traits.  Alot of prejudice occurs without or before we even get a chance to show our personality.  Don't be silly.  And believe it or not in some cases it doesn't matter how smart or qualified we are because at the end of the day we are a minority. 

What the hell is acting "gay"? Like I said before the details of your personal life aren't to be exposed at job, walking down the street, or doing whatever.  NOBODY CARES OR KNOWS IF A STRANGER IS GAY.  I doesn't mean they are hiding it...it just means they look like any other human walking down the street.  BUT YOU CAN DIRECTLY PICK OUT A PERSON'S SKIN COLOR.  Imagine how hard a gay black man has it....yeah see my point.  He still has to deal with prejudice because of race.

If you don't respect that your whole perspective is wack. And how are you agreeing with Anton when he himself said the two struggles shouldn't be compared.  But you insist on talking crazy about "hiding" your race
laugh.gif
 Get serious guy

oops saw my name "DIDN'T READ" commented....my bad.
ohwell.gif

TruthGetsBusy wrote:
But everyday I step into work I will be black before I open my mouth.  No choices
In the same sense that you can't tell a gay man from his outward appearance, you could also not distinguish a "black" man either.  I'm not saying this to be directly offensive, but a lot of people are familiar with the expressions "acting black" vs. "acting white," and how far one or the other will get you in corporate America.  Just like there are gays that act outwardly flamboyant, there are also others that could more or less pass for heterosexual if you didn't know any better.  Could you say the same about black people?  There are some that act "ghetto/black" and spew out a bunch of urban slang, or some that act "white" and speak proper English?
So you're saying that gays can choose to act heterosexual if it suits them, can you choose to act "white"? 

At the end of the day you are who you are.  Your character is who I judge you on, not by your exterior.  Just because you are black, I will not pass judgment on you.  If you talk like an idiot who says dis and dat and drops the N word all the time, I will think you're just that, an idiot.  And I would feel the same if you were black, white, asian, whatever.  But then again, that's because I don't identify with those mannerisms.

And I know it's messed up, but I feel the same way about gays.  I simply get annoyed by the flamboyance and diva attitudes.  But there are straight people who exude that personality type that annoy me all the same.  

So I don't buy into your "I'm black before I open my mouth," because you can choose how you are perceived by whoever is perceiving you.  You can act ghetto, you can act proper.  You can speak in Ebonics, or like a college graduate.  

Unless you're living in the wrong place, America has come a long way with regards to race relations.  Just saying.

I still agree with Anton on this...if you take offense to the Civil Rights/LGBT comparison, there seems to be some underlying intolerance of gays.  And I know that a lot of blacks really disapprove of homosexuality.  Not saying there aren't a lot of whites that agree with them, but it's kind of a load of +##% when you preach about the hardships that blacks went through and can't even draw a parallel to the homosexuals.  

I hope I'm not off base in saying it's probably just as hurtful to be called a homosexual slur as it is to be called a racial slur, if there is hate behind it.

eek.gif
 how many stereotypes did you just drop?  You clearly are not fit for a discussion like this. 

grin.gif
 This is simply people using their eyes to identify people as black,white, latino, asian, etc.  Point blank period.  Don't go into that "acting" ghetto or "proper" crap because that's a whole new can of worms and you clearly don't know what you're talking about.  Minorities don't get discriminated against because they have "ghetto" or other personality traits.  Alot of prejudice occurs without or before we even get a chance to show our personality.  Don't be silly.  And believe it or not in some cases it doesn't matter how smart or qualified we are because at the end of the day we are a minority. 

What the hell is acting "gay"? Like I said before the details of your personal life aren't to be exposed at job, walking down the street, or doing whatever.  NOBODY CARES OR KNOWS IF A STRANGER IS GAY.  I doesn't mean they are hiding it...it just means they look like any other human walking down the street.  BUT YOU CAN DIRECTLY PICK OUT A PERSON'S SKIN COLOR.  Imagine how hard a gay black man has it....yeah see my point.  He still has to deal with prejudice because of race.

If you don't respect that your whole perspective is wack. And how are you agreeing with Anton when he himself said the two struggles shouldn't be compared.  But you insist on talking crazy about "hiding" your race
laugh.gif
 Get serious guy

oops saw my name "DIDN'T READ" commented....my bad.
ohwell.gif

But nobody is talking to you Anton....notice I quoted him and was talking to him.  Carry on.  Funny you didn't point out the ignorance in his post tho
tired.gif

But nobody is talking to you Anton....notice I quoted him and was talking to him.  Carry on.  Funny you didn't point out the ignorance in his post tho
tired.gif

tired.gif

My fault I thought u were commenting on my post again...been a long night
sick.gif
. but my point still stands.

tired.gif

My fault I thought u were commenting on my post again...been a long night
sick.gif
. but my point still stands.

[*][*]There's some talk today about an NBA player who may or may not have used a gay slur on the court. I imagine a lot of NBA people giggling at the media kerfuffle -- sit courtside, or ask just about any player, and you'll be assured this kind of thing is not rare at all. (John Krolik on NBCSports.com: "I don’t think [his] choice of words revealed that he has a deep-seeded hatred of gay people. I do think they revealed that athletes are still comfortable tossing around a word that, like a few other very hurtful and powerful words, should not be tossed around.") I also don't have to imagine why it is that nobody has ever come out of the closet while on an NBA roster. The last bastions of open homophobia -- including hip-hop (a little PG-13) and the U.S. military -- are wrestling with modernizing on this issue as we speak. Be a shame for the NBA to be left behind.
Can everyone agree to this? I think this sums up all points of this argument.

[*][*]There's some talk today about an NBA player who may or may not have used a gay slur on the court. I imagine a lot of NBA people giggling at the media kerfuffle -- sit courtside, or ask just about any player, and you'll be assured this kind of thing is not rare at all. (John Krolik on NBCSports.com: "I don’t think [his] choice of words revealed that he has a deep-seeded hatred of gay people. I do think they revealed that athletes are still comfortable tossing around a word that, like a few other very hurtful and powerful words, should not be tossed around.") I also don't have to imagine why it is that nobody has ever come out of the closet while on an NBA roster. The last bastions of open homophobia -- including hip-hop (a little PG-13) and the U.S. military -- are wrestling with modernizing on this issue as we speak. Be a shame for the NBA to be left behind.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

[*]

[*]There's some talk today about an NBA player who may or may not have used a gay slur on the court. I imagine a lot of NBA people giggling at the media kerfuffle -- sit courtside, or ask just about any player, and you'll be assured this kind of thing is not rare at all. (John Krolik on NBCSports.com: "I don’t think [his] choice of words revealed that he has a deep-seeded hatred of gay people. I do think they revealed that athletes are still comfortable tossing around a word that, like a few other very hurtful and powerful words, should not be tossed around.") I also don't have to imagine why it is that nobody has ever come out of the closet while on an NBA roster. The last bastions of open homophobia -- including hip-hop (a little PG-13) and the U.S. military -- are wrestling with modernizing on this issue as we speak. Be a shame for the NBA to be left behind.

hmm, this pretty much sums it up....hip hop will get there eventually. The new generation of MCs seem to be a little more progressive about homosexuality...didn't kanye speak out against homophobia in hip hop?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

[*]

[*]There's some talk today about an NBA player who may or may not have used a gay slur on the court. I imagine a lot of NBA people giggling at the media kerfuffle -- sit courtside, or ask just about any player, and you'll be assured this kind of thing is not rare at all. (John Krolik on NBCSports.com: "I don’t think [his] choice of words revealed that he has a deep-seeded hatred of gay people. I do think they revealed that athletes are still comfortable tossing around a word that, like a few other very hurtful and powerful words, should not be tossed around.") I also don't have to imagine why it is that nobody has ever come out of the closet while on an NBA roster. The last bastions of open homophobia -- including hip-hop (a little PG-13) and the U.S. military -- are wrestling with modernizing on this issue as we speak. Be a shame for the NBA to be left behind.

hmm, this pretty much sums it up....hip hop will get there eventually. The new generation of MCs seem to be a little more progressive about homosexuality...didn't kanye speak out against homophobia in hip hop?
nerd.gif

I'm sorry but homosexuals will never fully be accepted in sports unless the best player in the league was gay.  Unless LeBron, D-Wade, Kobe came out the closet then it wouldn't matter.  A gay megastar would command respect but a guy like Steve Blake not so much.

Sports is about masculine energy.  Competition at is core is about being dominant and the best.  Look at the womans game.  "she plays like a guy" is actually a compliment.  That's why homosexuals are accepted in womans sports.  You won't see a chick that's all prissy and cute succeed in the womans game because it takes a certain mindset similar to males.  Even the better looking ones are killers on the court. 

If everybody in the world knows that you submit yourself to men then you won't be respected as much as a heterosexual.  It's like dudes will take you lightly and still think they have an edge over you.  Is it right? No but that's not gonna change.  If you aren't LeBron, Kobe, D-Wade then you are expendable and can be replaced with another player who won't bring that controvesial aura. 

I'm serious man.  Maybe in an individual sport like golf or tennis but never in a team sport.  Does being gay mean you are weak? No but it does mean you submit to a man at night which can be seen as weak when you compete against other men. 

And yes my flame suit is on! pause

I'm sorry but homosexuals will never fully be accepted in sports unless the best player in the league was gay.  Unless LeBron, D-Wade, Kobe came out the closet then it wouldn't matter.  A gay megastar would command respect but a guy like Steve Blake not so much.

Sports is about masculine energy.  Competition at is core is about being dominant and the best.  Look at the womans game.  "she plays like a guy" is actually a compliment.  That's why homosexuals are accepted in womans sports.  You won't see a chick that's all prissy and cute succeed in the womans game because it takes a certain mindset similar to males.  Even the better looking ones are killers on the court. 

If everybody in the world knows that you submit yourself to men then you won't be respected as much as a heterosexual.  It's like dudes will take you lightly and still think they have an edge over you.  Is it right? No but that's not gonna change.  If you aren't LeBron, Kobe, D-Wade then you are expendable and can be replaced with another player who won't bring that controvesial aura. 

I'm serious man.  Maybe in an individual sport like golf or tennis but never in a team sport.  Does being gay mean you are weak? No but it does mean you submit to a man at night which can be seen as weak when you compete against other men. 

And yes my flame suit is on! pause

TruthGetsBusy wrote:

eek.gif

grin.gif

laugh.gif
 Get serious guy

You speak as if all people automatically hate black people.  I don't give a @%+$ if I see a black person, I don't view him any differently than a white man.  You just assume that 99% of all Americans are bigoted against minorities.  I'm not.  

TruthGetsBusy wrote:

eek.gif

grin.gif

laugh.gif
 Get serious guy

You speak as if all people automatically hate black people.  I don't give a @%+$ if I see a black person, I don't view him any differently than a white man.  You just assume that 99% of all Americans are bigoted against minorities.  I'm not.  

I'm sorry but homosexuals will never fully be accepted in sports unless the best player in the league was gay. 

I'm sorry but there will never be a black president. I'm sorry but a female surgeon or scientist will never be accepted or respected, those fields have too much testosterone and thinking involved. Listen to yourself speak.

Homosexuals have time on their hands....

I'm sorry but homosexuals will never fully be accepted in sports unless the best player in the league was gay. 

I'm sorry but there will never be a black president. I'm sorry but a female surgeon or scientist will never be accepted or respected, those fields have too much testosterone and thinking involved. Listen to yourself speak.

Homosexuals have time on their hands....

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Anton your open about being an I'm with Satan guy so why not be open about your bi sexuality...the former is worse than the latter.

Believe me if I were gay or bi I have no qualms about being open with it, unfortunately I'm not
ohwell.gif
. I will say for a straight man I say a lot of openly homosexual $#%$ in real life. Some drunk dude I know called me gay, and my response was "yea I suck $#$$". I don't care enough to deny homosexuality, especially in a situation like that where someone makes an assumption.

Ok lemme preface this by saying, I'd choose to be gay if it were specifically Johnny Depp.
nerd.gif

I'm worse in real life, and all my friends still know I'm as straight as they come
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Anton your open about being an I'm with Satan guy so why not be open about your bi sexuality...the former is worse than the latter.

Believe me if I were gay or bi I have no qualms about being open with it, unfortunately I'm not
ohwell.gif
. I will say for a straight man I say a lot of openly homosexual $#%$ in real life. Some drunk dude I know called me gay, and my response was "yea I suck $#$$". I don't care enough to deny homosexuality, especially in a situation like that where someone makes an assumption.

Ok lemme preface this by saying, I'd choose to be gay if it were specifically Johnny Depp.
nerd.gif

I'm worse in real life, and all my friends still know I'm as straight as they come
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom