Gay Rights slams Kobe-- "what a disgrace" Kobe gets fined 100k

This thread is proof of where sexism/ racism/ and homophobia and overall tolerance comes from. Most of it is learned behavior and people here will definitely contribute to passing such destructive mentalities onto their children.

SMH.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Dr LukeMartin

Originally Posted by RavageBX

So then whats the point of telling them that gays are wrong if your gonna tell them its right? Like do you understand your not making any sense.
Where did I say its right? I said judge ppl by their character.
My whole point is that I agree with Ninjahood in the regard that I'm not going to fool myself into thinking that when it comes to teaching my children about the birds and the bees I'm going to preach the pros and cons of heterosexuality vs homosexuality. I'm going to teach what happens between a man and a woman exclusively and that I do not believe it to be natural for two men to lay together. But in addition to that I going to teach my children to respect everyone else's choices and to accept ppl regardless of sexual preference. If a child of mine happens to be gay I will accept him for who he is as a person, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with his sexual preference. 

You say you will def teach your child that homosexaulity is wrong. Then in the following sentence you say " But I'm also going to teach them to live and let live. It's not our place to judge others or how they live their lives and sexual preference should not weigh heavier then someone's character." Your basically stating that you think its wrong, but you dont want your child to judge people about their lifestyle. Double standpoint dude. Makes no sense. You either think its ok or you don't.

Its like telling your kid killing is bad and I'll be mad if you decide to kill anybody, but don't judge anyone that is a killer.
3cd60aebd897d4144727149023ded85c.gif

Originally Posted by RavageBX

So then whats the point of telling them that gays are wrong if your gonna tell them its right? Like do you understand your not making any sense.
Where did I say its right? I said judge ppl by their character.
My whole point is that I agree with Ninjahood in the regard that I'm not going to fool myself into thinking that when it comes to teaching my children about the birds and the bees I'm going to preach the pros and cons of heterosexuality vs homosexuality. I'm going to teach what happens between a man and a woman exclusively and that I do not believe it to be natural for two men to lay together. But in addition to that I going to teach my children to respect everyone else's choices and to accept ppl regardless of sexual preference. If a child of mine happens to be gay I will accept him for who he is as a person, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with his sexual preference. 

You say you will def teach your child that homosexaulity is wrong. Then in the following sentence you say " But I'm also going to teach them to live and let live. It's not our place to judge others or how they live their lives and sexual preference should not weigh heavier then someone's character." Your basically stating that you think its wrong, but you dont want your child to judge people about their lifestyle. Double standpoint dude. Makes no sense. You either think its ok or you don't.

Its like telling your kid killing is bad and I'll be mad if you decide to kill anybody, but don't judge anyone that is a killer.
3cd60aebd897d4144727149023ded85c.gif

laugh.gif
I didn't read it but i seent it.  joint gone.  That's prolly why i was getting redirected to the front page, dudes risked a glitch in the matrix to toss your reply.

laugh.gif
I didn't read it but i seent it.  joint gone.  That's prolly why i was getting redirected to the front page, dudes risked a glitch in the matrix to toss your reply.

You know, what's truly pitiful about this?  If people would just agree that what Kobe said was wrong this probably would've fallen to the background before it hit page 10.  
Instead, some of you are bending over backwards to try and rationalize a stupid, hurtful mistake.  

When Kobe was accused of rape and the Eagle County sheriff's office printed up a bunch of racist hangman t-shirts, would you have responded to that by saying, "Ah, rape isn't that big of a deal.  Sometimes you just get emotional in the heat of the moment and go too far.  Besides, it's really a woman's fault for putting herself in that situation to begin with"?  

If you think he was wrongly singled out for getting caught using a slur - fine.  Why excuse what he did, though?  

But for real, whichever one of you mods/admins did that - you a sucka for that *%@*...

9943545963f7a6afb31ff5ec2b1db477c55538b.jpg

Perhaps if you wanted your post displayed you shouldn't have incorporated abbreviated racial slurs.  

You know, what's truly pitiful about this?  If people would just agree that what Kobe said was wrong this probably would've fallen to the background before it hit page 10.  
Instead, some of you are bending over backwards to try and rationalize a stupid, hurtful mistake.  

When Kobe was accused of rape and the Eagle County sheriff's office printed up a bunch of racist hangman t-shirts, would you have responded to that by saying, "Ah, rape isn't that big of a deal.  Sometimes you just get emotional in the heat of the moment and go too far.  Besides, it's really a woman's fault for putting herself in that situation to begin with"?  

If you think he was wrongly singled out for getting caught using a slur - fine.  Why excuse what he did, though?  

But for real, whichever one of you mods/admins did that - you a sucka for that *%@*...

9943545963f7a6afb31ff5ec2b1db477c55538b.jpg

Perhaps if you wanted your post displayed you shouldn't have incorporated abbreviated racial slurs.  

Originally Posted by Method Man

Sad part about it is that I knew it was you...
...who else would do some sneak %%$+ like delete my whole reply other than the man that's been too afraid to show his face on his own website for about a decade?

Abbreviated racial slurs be damned - folks been breakin'/bendin' all kinda rules in here - I don't know what it was I typed that got to you, but it damn sure wasn't me pressin' my "N" and apostrophe keys...

...whatever tho Holmes, the liquor kicked in and it's time for me to enjoy me LA saturday - you got it.

Originally Posted by Method Man

Sad part about it is that I knew it was you...
...who else would do some sneak %%$+ like delete my whole reply other than the man that's been too afraid to show his face on his own website for about a decade?

Abbreviated racial slurs be damned - folks been breakin'/bendin' all kinda rules in here - I don't know what it was I typed that got to you, but it damn sure wasn't me pressin' my "N" and apostrophe keys...

...whatever tho Holmes, the liquor kicked in and it's time for me to enjoy me LA saturday - you got it.

my only question for the people who disagree with homosexuality is who do you think you are to even agree/disagree with something that really doens't effect anyone except the people involved inthe realtionship?

honest question...no attitude or anything behind it...

what makes you think its even something to agree/disagree with?

my only question for the people who disagree with homosexuality is who do you think you are to even agree/disagree with something that really doens't effect anyone except the people involved inthe realtionship?

honest question...no attitude or anything behind it...

what makes you think its even something to agree/disagree with?

The reply I removed was no more offensive than the ones you still have up - except that you included racial slurs.  You obviously can't produce any other explanation because there is no other explanation.  It's a difficult balance to strike, because we want to make sure everyone feels safe and comfortable contributing to the site, but we also want to use NikeTalk's diversity to the community's advantage by allowing these types of challenging discussions to take place rather than simply closing the topics and/or banning those who've expressed bigoted and inflammatory positions.   However, that doesn't mean that all bets are off and the rules don't apply. 
As for the "coward" stuff, why on Earth should I post my picture?  Have you?  MOST of our members have never posted their pictures on NikeTalk.  Who cares?  It's not eHarmony.

If you're still mad, you can take it up with my supervisor.

Oh, right... well, in that case you're welcome to take your business to ISS.  I hear they have forum where you can post all the racial slurs you want!  It's right after the "post your hotwheels collection" threads.  Have fun!

The reply I removed was no more offensive than the ones you still have up - except that you included racial slurs.  You obviously can't produce any other explanation because there is no other explanation.  It's a difficult balance to strike, because we want to make sure everyone feels safe and comfortable contributing to the site, but we also want to use NikeTalk's diversity to the community's advantage by allowing these types of challenging discussions to take place rather than simply closing the topics and/or banning those who've expressed bigoted and inflammatory positions.   However, that doesn't mean that all bets are off and the rules don't apply. 
As for the "coward" stuff, why on Earth should I post my picture?  Have you?  MOST of our members have never posted their pictures on NikeTalk.  Who cares?  It's not eHarmony.

If you're still mad, you can take it up with my supervisor.

Oh, right... well, in that case you're welcome to take your business to ISS.  I hear they have forum where you can post all the racial slurs you want!  It's right after the "post your hotwheels collection" threads.  Have fun!

Originally Posted by AR Guy

How did this reach 42 pages?
laugh.gif

kobe.gif

Method Man wrote:

wTQHO.gif

Originally Posted by AR Guy

How did this reach 42 pages?
laugh.gif

kobe.gif

Method Man wrote:

wTQHO.gif

Back
Top Bottom