Gay Rights slams Kobe-- "what a disgrace" Kobe gets fined 100k

AZwildcats wrote:
mytmouse76 wrote:
my only question for the people who disagree with homosexuality is who do you think you are to even agree/disagree with something that really doens't effect anyone except the people involved inthe realtionship?

honest question...no attitude or anything behind it...

what makes you think its even something to agree/disagree with?
Because it does not effect only the people involved. It is a movement in America that in recent years has taken the forefront in American culture. The media in particular has ran with it because it is a polarizing issue, further bring it into the spotlight. Just look at the attention the "Don't ask don't tell", prop 8, and the suicides got just recently.

Just like abortion, marijuana legislation, stem cell research, War on terror ,etc.. It is an issue that brings out very strong feelings/reactions and everyone has a right to have an opinion. It is an issue that affects the whole country.

Whether your like me and have a negative view on it, or like Anton and agree with it, everybody has the right to voice their opinion, in particular on an issue like this   

the only reason its a movement is because people have an opinion on something that doesn't matter...

how does it effect the whole country? if everyone was minding their own there would be no need for Prop 8 or Don't Ask Don't Tell

30t6p3b.gif
 i'm not even suppose to be posting in here...i told Truth it wasn't even worth it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Originally Posted by Method Man

Abbreviated racial slurs be damned - folks been breakin'/bendin' all kinda rules in here - I don't know what it was I typed that got to you, but it damn sure wasn't me pressin' my "N" and apostrophe keys...
The reply I removed was no more offensive than the ones you still have up - except that you included racial slurs.  You obviously can't produce any other explanation because there is no other explanation.  It's a difficult balance to strike, because we want to make sure everyone feels safe and comfortable contributing to the site, but we also want to use NikeTalk's diversity to the community's advantage by allowing these types of challenging discussions to take place rather than simply closing the topics and/or banning those who've expressed bigoted and inflammatory positions.   However, that doesn't mean that all bets are off and the rules don't apply. 
As for the "coward" stuff, why on Earth should I post my picture?  Have you?  MOST of our members have never posted their pictures on NikeTalk.  Who cares?  It's not eHarmony.

If you're still mad, you can take it up with my supervisor.

Oh, right... well, in that case you're welcome to take your business to ISS.  I hear they have forum where you can post all the racial slurs you want!  It's right after the "post your hotwheels collection" threads.  Have fun!

The funny part is that about 30 pages ago you quoted a portion of my reply where I used the same "racial slur" you deleted my post for...

...how you let it rock then and delete it pages later is beyond me, but whatever.

If a dude pulls a gun on me unexpectedly, my heart would skip, ie, for that split second I'd be afraid - does that mean I live my everyday life as a "coward?" Far from it...

...I never called you a "coward" or typed the word - so where you got that from is your own personal hang-up and not mine - don't put words in my mouth/keyboard.

And
laugh.gif
at askin' me if I've ever posted my picture on here - we both know the answer to that, go 'head wit that +*!%%$%$ youngin'...

...and my suite mate whose story I told in the post you deleted is the white boy you see below - in that same reply you deleted, I said I was in Africa - the following are the old !%! pictures from years ago of me in Africa.

Don't fix your fingers to type some dumb %@** like I've never shown my face around these parts ever again....even in your avy you hide behind a mask - not me:

...and I don't know what that ISS/Hotwheels %@** has to do with anything - I guess you were trying to be funny.

popcorn_2.gif

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Originally Posted by Method Man

Abbreviated racial slurs be damned - folks been breakin'/bendin' all kinda rules in here - I don't know what it was I typed that got to you, but it damn sure wasn't me pressin' my "N" and apostrophe keys...
The reply I removed was no more offensive than the ones you still have up - except that you included racial slurs.  You obviously can't produce any other explanation because there is no other explanation.  It's a difficult balance to strike, because we want to make sure everyone feels safe and comfortable contributing to the site, but we also want to use NikeTalk's diversity to the community's advantage by allowing these types of challenging discussions to take place rather than simply closing the topics and/or banning those who've expressed bigoted and inflammatory positions.   However, that doesn't mean that all bets are off and the rules don't apply. 
As for the "coward" stuff, why on Earth should I post my picture?  Have you?  MOST of our members have never posted their pictures on NikeTalk.  Who cares?  It's not eHarmony.

If you're still mad, you can take it up with my supervisor.

Oh, right... well, in that case you're welcome to take your business to ISS.  I hear they have forum where you can post all the racial slurs you want!  It's right after the "post your hotwheels collection" threads.  Have fun!

The funny part is that about 30 pages ago you quoted a portion of my reply where I used the same "racial slur" you deleted my post for...

...how you let it rock then and delete it pages later is beyond me, but whatever.

If a dude pulls a gun on me unexpectedly, my heart would skip, ie, for that split second I'd be afraid - does that mean I live my everyday life as a "coward?" Far from it...

...I never called you a "coward" or typed the word - so where you got that from is your own personal hang-up and not mine - don't put words in my mouth/keyboard.

And
laugh.gif
at askin' me if I've ever posted my picture on here - we both know the answer to that, go 'head wit that +*!%%$%$ youngin'...

...and my suite mate whose story I told in the post you deleted is the white boy you see below - in that same reply you deleted, I said I was in Africa - the following are the old !%! pictures from years ago of me in Africa.

Don't fix your fingers to type some dumb %@** like I've never shown my face around these parts ever again....even in your avy you hide behind a mask - not me:

...and I don't know what that ISS/Hotwheels %@** has to do with anything - I guess you were trying to be funny.

popcorn_2.gif

...so its wrong to be homophobic.

By the values and beliefs i was raised with, if you prefer the same sex, there is indeed something wrong with you.

By the values and beliefs i was raised with, if you prefer the same sex, there is indeed something wrong with you.

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

I like you, you got to the point didn't beat around the Bush.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

didnt argue against anyone. flat out stated his opinion and was done with it. 
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

didnt argue against anyone. flat out stated his opinion and was done with it. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

humans are BORN with a poseable thumb, which enables us to use tools

Am I the only one that saw this?  Seriously?  Seriously?!?!!?  I know what you meant to say, but seriously?  This is even worse than brockley.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

humans are BORN with a poseable thumb, which enables us to use tools

Am I the only one that saw this?  Seriously?  Seriously?!?!!?  I know what you meant to say, but seriously?  This is even worse than brockley.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif
roll.gif

A lot of other people in the thread may as well have just said that.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif
roll.gif

A lot of other people in the thread may as well have just said that.

Originally Posted by thekryptonite

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif
roll.gif

A lot of other people in this thread may as well have just said that. However they try and coat it, they are homophobic.

I don't argue with people like that cause there's nothing I can say, it's when they try to justify and intellectualize it that I draw the line. Dave Chappelle said it best, "if you got hate in your heart let it out".

Originally Posted by thekryptonite

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif
roll.gif

A lot of other people in this thread may as well have just said that. However they try and coat it, they are homophobic.

I don't argue with people like that cause there's nothing I can say, it's when they try to justify and intellectualize it that I draw the line. Dave Chappelle said it best, "if you got hate in your heart let it out".

At the end of the day it's just a word. To eradicate the word is near impossible. The N word and racisim is still everywhere. I think the gays should step to the back of the line IMHO. What happened to freedom of speech? Sad thing Hispanics are still slaves in the free America working for low wages.

At the end of the day it's just a word. To eradicate the word is near impossible. The N word and racisim is still everywhere. I think the gays should step to the back of the line IMHO. What happened to freedom of speech? Sad thing Hispanics are still slaves in the free America working for low wages.

Originally Posted by FlipNLu

You think they should step to the back of the line because it doesn't directly benefit you in any way. I assume you're not gay and you cannot relate.

Originally Posted by FlipNLu

You think they should step to the back of the line because it doesn't directly benefit you in any way. I assume you're not gay and you cannot relate.

Originally Posted by proper english

so you are dismissing a minority group because you deem it as no big deal?... gotcha.
how is that different from a white kid in the suburbs saying any variation of the N word? n***er or n***a?

why does it always have to be a white kid that says it. cause white people are the only race to use the n word....riiiiiight. thats some racism right there.

Originally Posted by proper english

so you are dismissing a minority group because you deem it as no big deal?... gotcha.
how is that different from a white kid in the suburbs saying any variation of the N word? n***er or n***a?

why does it always have to be a white kid that says it. cause white people are the only race to use the n word....riiiiiight. thats some racism right there.

It boggles my mind how quickly anyone who is an immigrant/racial minority/woman forgets that, literally, just 75 years ago, the white Anglo-Saxon male was oppressing your people--saying that they're inferior, not giving them the right to vote, teaching their children that it's not okay to not be white.  
It was the progressive-minded people of this country who made a difference.  If you're not on the same page, you're just a lesser variation of the same close-minded people who taught their kids not to drink at the same water fountain as someone with dark skin.

It boggles my mind how quickly anyone who is an immigrant/racial minority/woman forgets that, literally, just 75 years ago, the white Anglo-Saxon male was oppressing your people--saying that they're inferior, not giving them the right to vote, teaching their children that it's not okay to not be white.  
It was the progressive-minded people of this country who made a difference.  If you're not on the same page, you're just a lesser variation of the same close-minded people who taught their kids not to drink at the same water fountain as someone with dark skin.

Back
Top Bottom