Give/Show examples of the decline of quality in Jordan retros...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by 617collector

Originally Posted by brooklynnyc3000

The white/military-blue IV looks good on shelfs and pictures, but when you hold/wear them... man, they're terrible. 
indifferent.gif

QFT

not even the mars were as bad as these and they released two months apart
smh.gif
They creased soooooo bad.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by 617collector

Originally Posted by brooklynnyc3000

The white/military-blue IV looks good on shelfs and pictures, but when you hold/wear them... man, they're terrible. 
indifferent.gif

QFT

not even the mars were as bad as these and they released two months apart
smh.gif
They creased soooooo bad.
smh.gif

Also forgot to post that, on my cool grey 11's i put the shoe on and pulled the tongue up and it ripped off...
I've brought the shoe to my local shoe hospital and they charged me $12.95
pimp.gif

Picking up shoes on Monday

Also forgot to post that, on my cool grey 11's i put the shoe on and pulled the tongue up and it ripped off...
I've brought the shoe to my local shoe hospital and they charged me $12.95
pimp.gif

Picking up shoes on Monday

i dont get why people flip out about shoes creasing ?
laugh.gif

Do people forget that shoes are meant to be wore on your feet ?

Growing up, my mum purchased Jordans for both myself and my little brother, specifically, OG VI's and OG VII's, after a few weeks of wear , my shoes would  look 95% brand new, cause i took the time to wiped them down after wearing and looked after them, as for my brothers pair , they were scratched up, dirty and out of shape ! looked like the dog had chewed them up.

So its really how you wear them .

Its like buying a car and thrashing the %*!% out of it and expecting it to last ..... Where as you treat it with respect, it will last longer .

laugh.gif

Growing up, my mum purchased Jordans for both myself and my little brother, specifically, OG VI's and OG VII's, after a few weeks of wear , my shoes would  look 95% brand new, cause i took the time to wiped them down after wearing and looked after them, as for my brothers pair , they were scratched up, dirty and out of shape ! looked like the dog had chewed them up.

Its like buying a car and thrashing the %*!% out of it and expecting it to last ..... Where as you treat it with respect, it will last longer .

Originally Posted by Vuey

laugh.gif

I understand your point but i have a pair of 2001 black cements and i've worn those things a bunch of times with no problems.  I think when you compare the 2001 to the ones that came in the cdp there is a difference.  The leather is a lot thicker on the 01', no paint chipping and the cement print is has better indentations.

Originally Posted by Vuey

laugh.gif

I understand your point but i have a pair of 2001 black cements and i've worn those things a bunch of times with no problems.  I think when you compare the 2001 to the ones that came in the cdp there is a difference.  The leather is a lot thicker on the 01', no paint chipping and the cement print is has better indentations.

Best example: Lace up a pair of '00 or '01 XIs and compare to CDP XIs. CDPs feel really hard and uncomfortable whereas the older retros have a lot more cushioning and feel like pillows. Remember these shoes where originally made to play basketball in. I wouldn't even think of trying to play in the CDP XIs, they prob leave you with blisters or bruises, but I love ballin in my '00 '01 XIs.

That's right I said it...ballin in XI's, what a concept.

Best example: Lace up a pair of '00 or '01 XIs and compare to CDP XIs. CDPs feel really hard and uncomfortable whereas the older retros have a lot more cushioning and feel like pillows. Remember these shoes where originally made to play basketball in. I wouldn't even think of trying to play in the CDP XIs, they prob leave you with blisters or bruises, but I love ballin in my '00 '01 XIs.

Originally Posted by bigboi6

Prolly break a ankle in some damn CDP XIs they feel like plastic
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by bigboi6

Prolly break a ankle in some damn CDP XIs they feel like plastic
indifferent.gif

I agree 200% that JB has declined in quality since OG days. But at the same time, I don't see a point in the issue being brought up countless times when it's a KNOWN fact quality isnt up to par, and it's not gonna go back to OG quality. I've seen a few ppl mention they think JB will increase quality if they read what ppl have to say on these treads... Lol it definitely isn't gonna go down like that. JB (a multi-million, maybe billion $ company) doesn't care what you have to say. They not gonna jump on NT or any other sites to pull some QC tips. Maybe they might start caring if your $ does the talkin and people all around stop purchasing their products. But we still buy everything, and even if we didnt, someone else will... Were not the only ones after these kicks. Bottom line, i just don't see a point in quality issues being brought up everyday. As far as ballin in some kicks, I never ball in my Js, thats just me. I have other kicks to ball in. But, I think JB focuses more toward their newer products to be used as actual basketball shoes. Like 2010 for example, I've heard those are great to ball in. I'm sure the 2011 is gonna be a good bball kick too. My bro uses 2009 (ugly kick btw) and XX3 to ball in and he loves em. If you want quality and comfort to ball, I think the newer products are the way to go. I'm not saying I agree with it, but it looks obvious to me that they build those with better quality and comfort. Bottom line retro quality is out the door... No point in griping and complaining about it. It's known to everyone. They do look nice tho. Lovin my CGs.

I agree 200% that JB has declined in quality since OG days. But at the same time, I don't see a point in the issue being brought up countless times when it's a KNOWN fact quality isnt up to par, and it's not gonna go back to OG quality. I've seen a few ppl mention they think JB will increase quality if they read what ppl have to say on these treads... Lol it definitely isn't gonna go down like that. JB (a multi-million, maybe billion $ company) doesn't care what you have to say. They not gonna jump on NT or any other sites to pull some QC tips. Maybe they might start caring if your $ does the talkin and people all around stop purchasing their products. But we still buy everything, and even if we didnt, someone else will... Were not the only ones after these kicks. Bottom line, i just don't see a point in quality issues being brought up everyday. As far as ballin in some kicks, I never ball in my Js, thats just me. I have other kicks to ball in. But, I think JB focuses more toward their newer products to be used as actual basketball shoes. Like 2010 for example, I've heard those are great to ball in. I'm sure the 2011 is gonna be a good bball kick too. My bro uses 2009 (ugly kick btw) and XX3 to ball in and he loves em. If you want quality and comfort to ball, I think the newer products are the way to go. I'm not saying I agree with it, but it looks obvious to me that they build those with better quality and comfort. Bottom line retro quality is out the door... No point in griping and complaining about it. It's known to everyone. They do look nice tho. Lovin my CGs.

i think the fact that some people on NT dont know much about the OGs, and thats why they dont notice a decline in quality. the shoes are #@#%, bar none. they feel cheap....i wore my CG XIs for a day and my whole foot was blistered up. I cant say this for a lot of my other nikes..

i think the fact that some people on NT dont know much about the OGs, and thats why they dont notice a decline in quality. the shoes are #@#%, bar none. they feel cheap....i wore my CG XIs for a day and my whole foot was blistered up. I cant say this for a lot of my other nikes..

i picked up a 2001 bred xi a couple of years ago, and every single time i wore them i got blisters bad. sadly i had to resell/exchange them. i have no problem with my 09 sj's.

i picked up a 2001 bred xi a couple of years ago, and every single time i wore them i got blisters bad. sadly i had to resell/exchange them. i have no problem with my 09 sj's.

Originally Posted by cortes21

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

back in the day jordans were to ball in, it seems as if now they starting to make them for casual wear

agreed.. nuff said..
laugh.gif

even if i dont ball in my jordans i would like the comfort they were made for

Originally Posted by cortes21

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

back in the day jordans were to ball in, it seems as if now they starting to make them for casual wear

agreed.. nuff said..
laugh.gif

even if i dont ball in my jordans i would like the comfort they were made for

I think people just have to learn they're sneaker history and read threads like this or juts ask people how the OGs compare to the retros....retro quality is crap compared to OGs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom