Giving Tip for Delivery?

You are assuming tone. I'm writing in text. You are probably falsely assuming some of the tone. And it's only because a lot of people are coming at me completely out of pocket. And how am I flip flopping exactly? Pretty sure I've been fairly solid and how I stand on all of this.
don't worry about it, you got it.

Quick! I just ordered about $56 of thai food, how much should I tip for delivery? The place is about 2.5 miles from me. Also, this is the 1st time I'm ordering from them. Maybe I should not tip at all since it's OK to not tip of the first time(according to some of you)? :nerd:

Quick! I just ordered about $56 of thai food, how much should I tip for delivery? The place is about 2.5 miles from me. Also, this is the 1st time I'm ordering from them. Maybe I should not tip at all since it's OK to not tip of the first time(according to some of you)? :nerd:

20% of 56 is 11.20....

Just give him a $10 on top and that'll suffice.

And no tip the first time, every time. Don't listen to these broke boys.

Last edited:
Because neither tipped minimum wage or for that matter full minimum wage have kept pace with the rate of inflation.

The "a raise in minimum wage causes inflation" fallacy has been prevalent for years, but in actuality if minimum wage kept pace with inflation, minimum wage would be $10.75, not $7.25.

People are being grossly underpaid. That is why tip percentage has went up.

http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-M...aurant-Tip-Inflation-the-20-Percent-Solution/

http://www.alternet.org/economy/5-right-wing-myths-about-raising-minimum-wage-debunked

Last edited:
Because neither tipped minimum wage or for that matter full minimum wage have kept pace with the rate of inflation.

The "a raise in minimum wage causes inflation" fallacy has been prevalent for years, but in actuality if minimum wage kept pace with inflation, minimum wage would be $10.75, not $7.25.

People are being grossly underpaid. That is why tip percentage has went up.

http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-M...aurant-Tip-Inflation-the-20-Percent-Solution/

http://www.alternet.org/economy/5-right-wing-myths-about-raising-minimum-wage-debunked

wrong. if minimum wage kept up with inflation it would be around 25 dollars an hour. this is why people on that salary is doing OK or well depending on where they live.

wrong. if minimum wage kept up with inflation it would be around 25 dollars an hour. this is why people on that salary is doing OK or well depending on where they live.

source? I provided sources for my arguments, where's yours? did you even click the links to factcheck my statement? or do you think I'm pulling it out of my ***.

Here's a pro-tip, I don't ever say anything I can't source.

your whole statement is bogus.

"doing okay"......:lol: really? is that why the middle class is shrinking and people are finding it more & more difficult to even infiltrate the middle-class and stay there?

Oh alright.

Some of ya'll need to stop BSing me. Just stop....

Last edited:
What happened to you man?

you wanna know the real story about what happened to me?

I was attacked by a gang of silverbacks when I was but a child, they touched me....

Last edited:

source? I provided sources for my arguments, where's yours? did you even click the links to factcheck my statement? or do you think I'm pulling it out of my ***.

Here's a pro-tip, I don't ever say anything I can't source.

your whole statement is bogus.

"doing okay"......:lol: really? is that why the middle class is shrinking and people are finding it more & more difficult to even infiltrate the middle-class and stay there?

Oh alright.

Some of ya'll need to stop BSing me. Just stop....

your sources suck first of all. why? there are alot of adjustments to CPI that you might not know about. the way inflation has changed like 8 times over the years to suppress the real rate of inflation. why? so COLA (cost of living adjustment) remains unchanged for SSI and other stuff like food stamps.

im gonna go back to 1960s since thats the last decade where real money was used and in circulation.

min wage in 1960s is 1 dollar. this was before women went into the work force and the father provided for the family with a car and house just on ONE INCOME. how was this possible? the money was in silver.

1 dollar back then equaled to 1 oz of silver. the current price of silver is around 20 dollars an oz.. this is how i calculate inflation by using silver and gold as a metric.

your sources suck first of all. why? there are alot of adjustments to CPI that you might not know about. the way inflation has changed like 8 times over the years to suppress the real rate of inflation. why? so COLA (cost of living adjustment) remains unchanged for SSI and other stuff like food stamps.

im gonna go back to 1960s since thats the last decade where real money was used and in circulation.

min wage in 1960s is 1 dollar. this was before women went into the work force and the father provided for the family with a car and house just on ONE INCOME. how was this possible? the money was in silver.

1 dollar back then equaled to 1 oz of silver. the current price of silver is around 20 dollars an oz.. this is how i calculate inflation by using silver and gold as a metric.

Thats just not practical by todays standards and you know it. :rolleyes

Goober status. :lol:

Still wrong BTW

http://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/cpicalc.pl?cost1=1.00&year1=1960&year2=2014

Last edited:
andycrazn, of all people I would assume that you would be against tipping.

Tipping makes no economical sense whatsoever.

I ordered take out...

Went and picked it up.

It came to 19.49...

I slipped him a $20 and dipped out...

What should I have some?

:nerd:

tip him some change like 4 dollars srs

these guys are already getting paid i dont see why yall make tipping such a big deal

Back
Top Bottom