Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Man #!@* Rubio. If we trade up for 2 i want Thabeet. A team that is DEAD LAST in shot blocking like we are and has 0 interior post presence does NOT turn down a 7'4 shotblocking BEAST who has tons of potential. PG is a dime a dozen trade for Sergio and keep Nate around and theyll hold it down at the PG spot or some #*%@. Thabeet would settle all of our shot blocking issues.

I agree, if we move up to the 2nd pick I do not want Rubio either. Thabeet is def what we need.

i doubt curry will be at #8 but if he is take him if not then take flynn... flynn is going to be solid in this league... its really a win win situation oneither of them...i wouldt mind either one...and if we happen to get the 2nd pick which i doubt then i agree get thabeet... i was rooting for the knicks to gettop 3 pick to get him... why would we need rubio? hes good and all but the knicks lack D...

[h1]Knicks show interest in North Carolina guard Ty Lawson[/h1]

BY Frank Isola
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Wednesday, June 10th 2009, 4:00 AM

alg_tarheel.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...carolina_guard_ty_lawson.html#ixzz0I1Y9hnS6&D

If a North Carolina loyalist such as Larry Brown or Michael Jordan was deciding who the Knicks would draft in 15 days, Ty Lawson would be a cinch to become Mike D'Antoni's newest point guard.

But Knicks GM Donnie Walsh, another Carolina grad, doesn't base hischoices on "the best Tar Heel available" philosophy.

"In Charlotte, they seem to draft a North Carolina guy every year,"Lawson said. "Hopefully, Donnie Walsh picks me. I wouldn't mind that."

Walsh, who owns the eighth pick of the June25 NBA draft, is said to admire a lot of Lawson's qualities, particularly his won-loss record at UNC. TheTar Heels won the national championship in April withLawson finishing with 17points, eight assists, seven steals and zero turnovers against Michigan State.

"I feel like everybody is forgetting that I won a national championship," Lawson said. "People are saying I'm injury-prone and Ican't run a team. We'll see."

Lawson and Syracuse point guard Jonny Flynn worked out for the Knicks yesterday, and two more highly rated pointguards, Davidson's Stephen Curry and UCLA freshman guard Jrue Holiday, will work out today at the club's training headquarters inGreenburgh, N.Y.

For weeks, Curry has been openly campaigning to become a Knick and has even tried to butter up to D'Antoni by saying that he is reading "SevenSeconds or Less," the book about D'Antoni's teams in Phoenix.

Curry is the best shooter of the four, but there are questions about whether he can play the point in the NBA.

"It's tough to make a two-guard into a point guard sometimes," Lawson said. "Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Buthe'll be a good player no matter where he goes."

The 6-4 Holiday is the biggest risk but also has the biggest upside. Flynn has talent and toughness. Unless Curry moves up, all four should be availablewhen the Knicks select.

Lawson and Flynn are intriguing because they are both undersized guards. Lawson is 5-11 and Flynn is generously listed at 5-11. But in a league in whichOrlando's Jameer Nelson became an All-Star and Houston's Aaron Brooks led the Rockets into the second round of the playoffs, teams are putting a higher premium on a guard's quickness andintelligence.

"The whole perception of little guards is changing," Lawson said.

Flynn added: "It's coming back to a league where smaller guards are doing well."

Buy Knicks TicketsToday.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...carolina_guard_ty_lawson.html#ixzz0I1YHHLQd&D

CURRY SHINES IN KNICKS WORKOUT

By MARC BERMAN

Stephen Curry didn't sign a contract with the Knicks yesterday at their Westchester compound, but he may have sealed the deal.

During his pre-draft workout, the former Davidson star put on another dazzling shooting exhibition against likely his main competitor, UCLA's Jrue Holiday.

You take hints where they come from during this stage of the draft, and Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni laid one on Curry.

"Before I came in here, Mike D'Antoni walked up to me and told me, 'We can't draft you,' " Curry explained. "I said, 'Oh,why?'

D'Antoni responded, "Because [team executive] Allan Houston said he doesn't want to be the second-best shooter in Knick history."

The Knicks pick eighth on June 25, and, barring an unforeseen drop by Arizona power forward Jordan Hill, Curry is a favorite to become a Knick if he'sstill on the board.

"I was feeling pretty good today," Curry said. "I like this practice facility. My shot was falling very well. Very happy with how it turnedout."

If Curry is gone, Holiday is a definite possibility as D'Antoni believes he has "another gear." But even the normally cocky Holiday indicatedCurry's star shined brighter during their 45-minute tango.

"I did all right," Holiday said. "There's always things you can do better."

Curry prefers teams like Washington (5), Minnesota (6), even Oklahoma City at 3 pass on him. He will work out for Washington next week but hasn't madehimself available yet to the Timberwolves or the Thunder.

When asked if he thinks he'll be available to the Knicks, Curry said, "I hope so. It's great for me to be picked as high as I can, but coming herewould be fun for me. It's the system I've played all my life. Comparing how I played in college to how it translates to the NBA, this is the system tobe in. And Mike knows how to develop point guards."

Curry's game would seem a better complement to LeBron James, who's not a great outside shooter. James could be attracted to a marksman like Curry as hecontemplates his next move after the 2010 season.

Curry is text buddies with James, who met Curry when he attended a Davidson-Wisconsin game. Curry now works at James' summer camp and they text once aweek. "I'll be dropping lines if I come here," Curry said.

[email protected]

Curry or flynn ftw... I will be disapointed if either one of these guys aren't wearing orange and blue this year

Heads up guys, if you wanna order tickets for the NBA Draft, they're up now.

1800 - 745 - 3000

Press 0 to speak with a representative.

If they ask for the code, its ACCESS.

I was only able to get 3... and they're split up
ohwell.gif

being from the cuse id love to have flynn but i want curry first. somehow i think were going to get screwed over again and he wont be there. teams know we wanthim and thats the problem

Originally Posted by viiheaven

Heads up guys, if you wanna order tickets for the NBA Draft, they're up now.

1800 - 745 - 3000

Press 0 to speak with a representative.

If they ask for the code, its ACCESS.

I was only able to get 3... and they're split up
ohwell.gif

the ticketmaster rep wouldnt sell me over the phone, said i could only get them through the discreet link
tired.gif

I hate waiting in line being harassed by security telling me "to get up, don't sit on the floor"

**%%!$@+# little kids saying stupid corny jokes

the dirty old man trying to cut in line

the sun burning my back

laugh.gif
roll.gif
sorry I was just thinking about the cons of waiting on line early in the morning...

Access is sold out.

Sorry guys
frown.gif

June 25th at 11am show up at the Wamu theatre whoever is buying tickets.

I got Mez, Pharel and blackredxiii.

I don't know how Access got sold out when that $+## never even went up!
smh.gif

Shady ticketmaster/wamu.......

That's my word, I swear I was able to get tickets last year with NO problem.

Joints went up on-line, I copped, I went.

Crazy how tickets "sold" so fast this time around.

They HAD to have cut the amount of tickets they had available for the presale this year.
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom