GOAT APP legit?

You need to take the tinfoil hat off. FL will not be selling to Goat. They'll most likely set up an easier path for FL customers to get product to Goat but FL will be selling their online stock at retail. Nike will make sure of that.
Tinfoil hat huh, you can't have a discussion without trying to sound smart huh while posting conflicting information. It's not as simple as FTL selling to GOAT. Simply put FTL/GOAT now have means to manipulate supply and demand. FTL obviously doesn't have the same rules as your mom and pop shop or every FTL store would have the same sales at the same time.

Tinfoil hat huh, you can't have a discussion without trying to sound smart huh while posting conflicting information. It's not as simple as FTL selling to GOAT. Simply put FTL/GOAT now have means to manipulate supply and demand. FTL obviously doesn't have the same rules as your mom and pop shop or every FTL store would have the same sales at the same time.
Yes, they have the same rules. Nike isnt going to let them sell directly to Goat. FL will still sell their stock at retail to their customers. They'll just make it easier for their customers to sell on Goat. Nothing more.

Yes, they have the same rules. Nike isnt going to let them sell directly to Goat. FL will still sell their stock at retail to their customers. They'll just make it easier for their customers to sell on Goat. Nothing more.
Why do different FTLs run different sales then?
And FTL paid a 100m to make it easier for their customers to sell on GOAT doesn't sound profitable. Maybe they'll integrate the apps so you don't even have to pick up wins anymore, just ship out for sale. GOAT doesn't buy shoes by the way they authenticate buyers purchases for a fee.

Why do different FTLs run different sales then?
And FTL paid a 100m to make it easier for their customers to sell on GOAT doesn't sound profitable. Maybe they'll integrate the apps so you don't even have to pick up wins anymore, just ship out for sale. GOAT doesn't buy shoes by the way they authenticate buyers purchases for a fee.
1. FL has different regions. Each region has different pricing. They also have hundreds of SKU's per store. Sometimes it's as easy as the store manager not pricing his stuff correctly.
2. FL now owns a stake in Goat. If Goat makes more money, FL profits. You know what a shareholder is right?
3. Right, FL will make it easier for customers to sell on Goat bc FL will profit when they do. They know their customers resell. Now they have an incentive to get their customers to choose Goat over StockX.
4. Nobody ever said Goat buys shoes. I said FL won't be selling shoes on Goat. You won't have a FL employee sitting at a cpu with 10k pairs of AJ1 and selling them one by one on Goat at 2x retail. FL will still sell their stock as normal.

That makes a lot of sense. Will be gross to watch though.
Yup, saves GOAT the time and hassle of verifying the shoes because they are technically coming straight from the retailer. FTL will probably charge some sort of premium fee on top of what the normal selling fee on GOAT (idk the exact amount I'm a StockX person myself). For it to make sense it has to

1. Be a way FTL can make money off it, remember the majority of foot stores profits come from them pushing extras, like socks, cleaners, laces that type of deal. On a hyped release of lets say 30 pairs, if half of them are resold directly to GOAT through FTL at a fee of $30 a pop that would be an extra $450 that store made off products they already sold.

2. Be useful to the consumer or in this case the reseller. A service like this would probably not be worth it for the guys you see copping 20+ pairs of Jordan 1's each release. They have their own clients and profit margins they want and would be losing money. However for little 16 year old Billy who just wants to make a quick buck turning that $170 into a quick $220 in a couple of minutes without having to reship, post pictures, or wait on a cash out would be inviting.

But I don't know anything, I'm just a high school Business teacher, it's a lot greater minds than mine this is just what my thought process was.

1. FL has different regions. Each region has different pricing. They also have hundreds of SKU's per store. Sometimes it's as easy as the store manager not pricing his stuff correctly.
2. FL now owns a stake in Goat. If Goat makes more money, FL profits. You know what a shareholder is right?
3. Right, FL will make it easier for customers to sell on Goat bc FL will profit when they do. They know their customers resell. Now they have an incentive to get their customers to choose Goat over StockX.
4. Nobody ever said Goat buys shoes. I said FL won't be selling shoes on Goat. You won't have a FL employee sitting at a cpu with 10k pairs of AJ1 and selling them one by one on Goat at 2x retail. FL will still sell their stock as normal.
2 and 3 are the parts I issue with. That incentive for GOAT to sell more can lead to improprieties. When I think of FTL selling on GOAT I was thinking bigger than an employee at a CPU. :lol: I think it will be interesting to see if Nike has a response or not concerned at all.

2 and 3 are the parts I issue with. That incentive for GOAT to sell more can lead to improprieties. When I think of FTL selling on GOAT I was thinking bigger than an employee at a CPU. :lol: I think it will be interesting to see if Nike has a response or not concerned at all.
FL pushing people to Goat rather than StockX really isn't an issue. Those pairs are being resold one way or another. There's no difference in little Billy waiting in line at FL and then dropping off at the Goat counter inside FL than little Billy waiting in line at FL and then driving to UPS to drop off for StockX. Billy is reselling that shoe either way. Now little Billy doesn't have to go to UPS and he'll probably get paid immediately at the Goat counter inside FL bc Goat doesn't have to authenticate that shoe. They know it came from FL and it's legit. The end result is the same, the process was just much easier for little Billy.

FL pushing people to Goat rather than StockX really isn't an issue. Those pairs are being resold one way or another. There's no difference in little Billy waiting in line at FL and then dropping off at the Goat counter inside FL than little Billy waiting in line at FL and then driving to UPS to drop off for StockX. Billy is reselling that shoe either way. Now little Billy doesn't have to go to UPS and he'll probably get paid immediately at the Goat counter inside FL bc Goat doesn't have to authenticate that shoe. They know it came from FL and it's legit. The end result is the same, the process was just much easier for little Billy.
Perhaps little Billy's FTL acct will even become preferred since he's supporting both platforms along with other accts that use both platforms. FTL still sells to consumers and GOAT gets increased sales. A win win

Perhaps little Billy's FTL acct will even become preferred since he's supporting both platforms along with other accts that use both platforms. FTL still sells to consumers and GOAT gets increased sales. A win win
Right. And what's the issue with that? How has that affected you? Only Bill was affected.

Wait are we assuming (puts tin foil hat on) that the FTL app will start selecting customers that use both GOAT and FTL to resell thus increasing profits for both.

Over those who shop to keep.

Well if GOAT starts asking for your FTL VIP I would be suspicious tho

Wait are we assuming (puts tin foil hat on) that the FTL app will start selecting customers that use both GOAT and FTL to resell thus increasing profits for both.

Na I don't think that'll happen. I could see your Goat account getting top tier status (less fees maybe?) if you use FT and Goat both regularly. I don't think there's any chance that FL's distribution of their stock will be affected by this.

Right. And what's the issue with that? How has that affected you? Only Bill was affected.
I'm speaking of multiple resellers accts getting priority impacting my non reselling *** getting kicks

it's not an actual assumption just a theory based on a post in an ongoing convo. I'm the tin foil hat that thinks FTL investing 100milly in GOAT looks like conflict of interest whereas others don't think so.

I'm speaking of multiple resellers accts getting priority impacting my non reselling *** getting kicks
it's not an actual assumption just a theory based on a post in an ongoing convo. I'm the tin foil hat that thinks FTL investing 100milly in GOAT looks like conflict of interest whereas others don't think so.
Nike will absolutely not allow that. Nike isn't going to allow FL to rig their raffles so Goat users win all the pairs.

Nike will absolutely not allow that. Nike isn't going to allow FL to rig their raffles so Goat users win all the pairs.
Not saying every pair, I'm saying a preference, like money spent. A hypothetical 11m headstart. How would Nike even know who FTL winners are what they've done with their purchases anyway?

Not saying every pair, I'm saying a preference, like money spent. A hypothetical 11m headstart. How would Nike even know who FTL winners are what they've done with their purchases anyway?
Yea thats just not going to happen. The FL rep for Nike is involved in all that ****.

Lol been watching this thread. There were little thing and features that Goat added, that this footlocker partnership make sense. FTL desperate

I won’t born last night. FTL resllers now and if you was at a certain spots this past weekend. If you know, you know lol and I can’t be mad at them.

I just wonder if this will be a conflict of interest. We’ll see

Lol been watching this thread. There were little thing and features that Goat added, that this footlocker partnership make sense. FTL desperate

I won’t born last night. FTL resllers now and if you was at a certain spots this past weekend. If you know, you know lol and I can’t be mad at them.

I just wonder if this will be a conflict of interest. We’ll see
Tag 'em :lol: I wasn't at a certain spot this weekend but be interested to know what happened. We've been told by other members dblplay1212 dblplay1212 (no shot but its in the thread no use being ambiguous) that Nike reps wouldn't let anything shady go on.

Tag 'em :lol: I wasn't at a certain spot this weekend but be interested to know what happened. We've been told by other members dblplay1212 dblplay1212 (no shot but its in the thread no use being ambiguous) that Nike reps wouldn't let anything shady go on.

It’s obvious bruh with the under retail stuff. If you was at a pop up shop this past weekend you seen where most of those left over shoes went too.

It’s obvious bruh with the under retail stuff. If you was at a pop up shop this past weekend you seen where most of those left over shoes went too.
Was it a stock x pop up or GOAT. I think the majority of unclaimed pairs have always been purchased by people looking to flip.

In comparison to Stockx, how would you guys rate GOAT’s quality control of the shoes being authenticated?

Reason why I ask, is because I’ve dealt with stockx and it’s been good for the most part, but there have been one or two times where I got shoes that had defects. I got a pair of bred 13s and the toebox had an ugly scratch/scuff. I got a pair of banned 1s and the toebox had a slit. Stockx let me return the shoes each time and they were quick in responding to me.

I have a GOAT account but haven’t ordered anything yet, think I might give it a try.

Thanks NT

In comparison to Stockx, how would you guys rate GOAT’s quality control of the shoes being authenticated?

Reason why I ask, is because I’ve dealt with stockx and it’s been good for the most part, but there have been one or two times where I got shoes that had defects. I got a pair of bred 13s and the toebox had an ugly scratch/scuff. I got a pair of banned 1s and the toebox had a slit. Stockx let me return the shoes each time and they were quick in responding to me.

I have a GOAT account but haven’t ordered anything yet, think I might give it a try.

Thanks NT
Both are the same with flaws. If Foot Locker will sell it to you, StockX and Goat will too. They don't do QC. They aren't hunting a perfect pair for you.

I just paid attention that until recently Airgoat is collecting tax in certain states due to a supreme court decision on e-commerce site. That's def not a good look for me as a customer on Airgoat. Prices looking stupid for some things right now.

Back
Top Bottom