Going on vacation to the Dominican Republic in a month, ANY TIPS?! STORIES?

Going to DR in 4-5 weeks with my brother and his best friends (All dudes). Its going to be about 8 of us total, I've known them for years so we got each other's backs. YAMBS WILL BE HAD. I am fully expecting a house full of mamis. I've been to Jamaica 3 times but I was a young kid, this is the first time traveling outside of the US as a man >D . I'm thinking of taking $500-700 with me to have fun. I'll be staying in a mansion with security. So I got a couple questions!

What is there to do there besides acquiring yambs?
I know its a tourist hotspot for the last couple years but is it safe?!
What should I be on the lookout for?! Kidnappers? Thieves? Cops?!
How were the yambs there? :tongue:

If you've been there, I'd like to here your story, will rep.

Pics of the "mansion" :

View media item 252324View media item 252325View media item 252326View media item 252323View media item 252328View media item 252320View media item 252321View media item 252322

Last edited:
1. where in DR?
2. we talking about pro's or pulling random chicks?
3. how long u staying for?

I'd like some info also. Planning to go this summer.

But I'll be lucky enough to have a friend with me that has family out there already. It's knd of scary the stuff that can happen out there.

I'd like some info also. Planning to go this summer.

But I'll be lucky enough to have a friend with me that has family out there already. It's knd of scary the stuff that can happen out there.

yeah thats what I heard

my sister went there for a missions trip and told me how poor it was here. no idea it was tourist friendly!

my sister went there for a missions trip and told me how poor it was here. no idea it was tourist friendly!

Tourism is big out there.

1. "Yambs" are easy. Of course you have your dirty broads, but thats also everywhere else.

2. Yea, as soon as you are out the airport you have to watch out for thieves. The stories i have heard of ppl getting robbed stepping out the airport is crazy.

3. Cops are corrupt out there. They work together with the thieves and whatever they steal, they split with the cops.

4. Punta Cana hotels are safe as are the Santo Domingo ones.

5. There are plenty of sites and activities to see/do out there.

6. Great food.

Get a tour guide out there.

Last edited:

1. "Yambs" are easy. Of course you have your dirty broads, but thats also everywhere else.

2. Yea, as soon as you are out the airport you have to watch out for thieves. The stories i have heard of ppl getting robbed stepping out the airport is crazy.

3. Cops are corrupt out there. They work together with the thieves and whatever they steal, they split with the cops.

6. Great food.

Damn, thats crazy, gotta keep an eye open.

Yea. A friend of mines was arrested and held with out charges. He was let go after a hefty payment was made. Not bail. Lol

Never wanted to go to place but not go at the same time lol.

Puerto Rico, more specifically San Juan like that too? Or no cause its basically 51st state?

If you die can I get your stuff OP ? :smile: im in mia also . Lmk so I can pick it up.
And if you been to allapatah its basically like that but 5x worse crime wise... and it is pretty bad. Don't be scared op. Just mind ya business be on the look out . If someone crashes you at night keep it going. Be careful on your way around they can set you up to rob ya and ****.
Personally if youre not from there I would just go yo a resort in punta cana. Leave santo Domingo for the people that know how to move around there. Real talk.

Dr is in bad shape right now..... People getting robbed everywhere. Be safe and make sure you have a direct ride to the resort.

Last edited:
Yea. A friend of mines was arrested and held with out charges. He was let go after a hefty payment was made. Not bail. Lol

Don't wear anything flashy, keep it casual. Just pull out your passport and yambz will be had regardless.

If you die can I get your stuff OP ? :smile: im in mia also . Lmk so I can pick it up.
And if you been to allapatah its basically like that but 5x worse crime wise... and it is pretty bad. Don't be scared op. Just mind ya business be on the look out . If someone crashes you at night keep it going. Be careful on your way around they can set you up to rob ya and ****.
Personally if youre not from there I would just go yo a resort in punta cana. Leave santo Domingo for the people that know how to move around there. Real talk.

just be careful of the pros. They will get you

Dr is in bad shape right now..... People getting robbed everywhere. Be safe and make sure you have a direct ride to the resort.

View media item 153405Damn man, sounds scary, everybody in Miami thinks I am Dominican either way, I hope I blend in somehow!

Located in the Zona Colonial Santo Domingo Este’s historic colonial zone, just 100 meters from Fortaleza Ozama. Private Guest House is within 5 minutes’ walk of Calle Conde, the colonial zone’s main pedestrian street. Here, you will find plenty of bars (Hard Rock Cafe), clubs, restaurants (all price ranges, US ones like Pizza Hut), restaurants, shops. Only a 5 mn ride away is Venezuela Street which is one the favorite night spot of locals that has many bars and clubs. You are right of the middle of everything.

Looks like you'll be staying in a safer tourist area op. As long as you don't venture into the city after dark you'll be ok. People are friendly for the most part. Just try to stay out of trouble cause you might encounter police that are corrupt and will expect a "payment" to keep you out of jail. Just remember that it is a third world country so people are about that life but as long as you and your boys don't start any trouble you guys should have a fun and safe time.

Oh and hit up Boca Chica for the beaches and resorts since it will only be about 20-30mins away while punta cana is nicer IMO its about a 2hr bus ride. Have fun and stay safe op

6. Great food.

Damn, thats crazy, gotta keep an eye open.

my friends went there a few months ago. apparently the yambs are not really yambs once you step off the resort in the real DR, numsayin?

Will keep an eye on this thread.

a group of friends and I are aiming to go around May or early June.

Well we just won the WBC World Baseball Classic last night so you the entire country is going to be celebrating!

Back
Top Bottom