Going on vacation to the Dominican Republic in a month, ANY TIPS?! STORIES?

Have fun OP. I plan on going to the DR in the near future.

But yea my friends told me stories about dressing in bball shorts and flip flops in the air port due to the goons.

Last edited:
Wasn't that bad when I was out there in August of 2011.

I was at a resort in Port O Plata (POP) and I think going to a resort wasn't the best idea for two dudes.

While I did see yambs out and about and there was pay for play yambs down by the beach off the resort the chicks at the resort was with dudes already.

We got stuck because of canceled flights due to weather at the time, and we had to stay at a regular hotel.

I thought we was going to get jacked for sure though dudes was scheming, but we met up with this dude and he was pretty cool and took us into town and we had some authentic banging food.

Next time I go back though if it's not with my chick then I'm going to "recruit" some dudes from DR and head out there... maybe some from this site :nerd: I got the airfare for cheap.

If you're going with your girl then hit up a resort I would say, but with your homies then you have the right idea. Rent out a spot and hit the town :pimp:

I wish I didn't have career criminal friends and dudes that had money to hit up all over with me and I tell these dudes I got them on the flights, but they still don't have money... but if they ante up for some weed then they got money for that :smh:

Bring small bills. Don't wear anything flashy.

I went to Punta Cana a few years back and the locals on the beach were literally trying to buy the cell phone out of my pocket and the Jordan sandals off my feet.  The food was amazing and the women from Europe on holiday were 
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom