Good Guy Lucifer Is An Underrated Meme

Originally Posted by WHPH10

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Metaphorically, no one gives a +!%@ about your opinions of right and wrong. We're not here to judge you.

Metaphorically, then why did you respond to what I had to say and why do people keep asking me questions?

You're failing miserably at not sounding like a hostile, salty little man----Your anger sustains me

I responded cause I love you. It's hard for you to grasp that, I understand. Come here and give daddeee a hug.

398475278313.15.jpg.at.ashx

Metaphorically, then why did you respond to what I had to say and why do people keep asking me questions?

You're failing miserably at not sounding like a hostile, salty little man----Your anger sustains me

I responded cause I love you. It's hard for you to grasp that, I understand. Come here and give daddeee a hug.

I knew it!!!

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

I knew it!!!

That I like hugs?
nerd.gif

I feel like you're late to this "Anton might be gay but we're not sure" party, if this is what you consider gay then you're not gonna like a lot of my posts
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

It's a tough question because it would still lead me to question what kinda God forsakes others while showering his followers with blessings
That looks like an answer to me-If the God let's people who are no more or less moral than his own follower he can kiss my big black
Is that the answer you were looking for?

I didn't ask the question.
indifferent.gif

icon-of-atheism.jpg

The problem I have with this is that there are discoveries still to be made. At the moment we know nothing but who's to say we'll never find out.  If we stay content with "God did it" as the answer we'll get no where. And we for sure as hell wouldnt be where we are today with that answer. Lets say we travel out to space, get to a place we've never been before and we find out the answer to how our solar system came about. We would have never found this out if we simply said God created our solar system. 
Another example...Lets say someone has cancer. Instead of just saying God created cancer, how about we find out what provokes it or where it comes from. Instead of waiting for God to cure it, why not go find the answer to the cure. The answer "God did it" gets us no where. We'd still be stuck in the stone ages with that train of thought. We are still very very early in the stages of civilization. There are alot of answers out there yet to be found. 

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

beware the underdog is trolling right?

and pleasurephd

**SLOW CLAP**

Nah, just Christian and possibly from Texas

I dunno what this website would be like without people like pleasure PhD

Originally Posted by Iamjusayn

Question for Anton and SP. 
Shoot.

Before you two decided to become Atheist while observing others who were atheist

I accepted that I was an atheist.
Not to become one. There was a point where I didn't know that it was OK to not believe in a/any god/s.

and how they lived their lives along with their progress in life you saw that their life was filled with negativity and shortcomings, would you have still chosen to go that route (become an atheist or stay one

For every Mitt Romney, there is a Joe Six Pack.

But they still vote republican, do they not?

The point is, the stance you take and the validity of that stance does not indicate how you live your life.

Christians aren't the only successful people in the world.

I accepted that I was an atheist before I knew that there were famous people who were non-believers, and long after that did I learn about famous BLACK non-believers, an even rarer status to claim.
...however you want to slice it)?
You're basically making a case that I should accept the validity of someone's statements because of theperceivedsuccess of their personal lives?
So is math less valid if taught by a rich man versus that taught by a poor man?

Basically most people make their decisions based off prior knowledge, observation, research, etc etc

Well yeah, don't you?
Do you just randomly draft NFL/NBA players or do you calculate their past performance within tightly measured metrics and attempt to reliably predict how they might perform on a professional level?

Do you not make hypothesis using your knowledge about what the weather will be to decide what to wear?

Do you not toy around with the right cooking times to get your pasta al dente?

But accepting religious claims? No, we just embrace the first and only retelling of a story and don't see to validate any sort of conjecture contained within it.

so what I would like to know is if you interacted, talked to and observed other people who denied god's existence like you do now and their lives were always filled with mayhem (like what some would consider "bad luck", constant failures...almost like they can't do any right) UNLIKE the people who did believe in god, would you have still chosen to be an atheist?

Well, Yeah?
laugh.gif
I'd still be a non-believer.
There are tons of rich Saudi's and relatives to royal dynasties in the gulf area running around blowing money fast out here, but I don't see any Americans converting to Islam.
roll.gif

The answer to your question depends on how impressionable you are and how mature you are as a person.

Can you separate the validity of what someone is saying from your emotional attachment to whatever is being said? I guess thats why I'm so vilified on here.

I've seen devout *insert religion*people that were addicted to drugs, had problems handling money, were illiterate (funny how that works), had no understanding of modern science, were bigoted, had poor health, etc.

So what makes their claims about the suggestions of religion

Serious question. If you feel obliged be sarcastic then whatever but it's a serious question.

Seriously?

I actually feel obliged to be sarcastic to you.

Why?

This was a poorly reasoned question.

Its like asking Rosie O'Donnell if she would still choose to advocate for children if she wasn't a lesbian because most lesbiansadvocatefor children...
eyes.gif
. Not only is it supremely ignorant, it doesn't even ask a question that offers a legitimate comparison.

This is a quote from Senator Barney Frank I hope breaks what you expect from people:

lT2Kq.jpg

Originally Posted by PleasurePhD

Originally Posted by buggz05

Do you guys notice how I keep my post short?

My mother has diabetes. Her only medication is bittermelon. We are all structurally different with different results. I know what I see.

You notice how our posts are comprehensive and filled with facts? That we try to be clear and thorough? May be that's why we write so much? Instead of just writing look it up on google, or take my word for it, or my mother has diabetes and we are all different so I am 100% right, and you are wrong.

Your post shows me how much you don't know about diabetes and medicine. Did you know that many people with diabetes are overweight and eat bad food, and all they had to do to cure themselves was diet and exercise? They didn't have to take synthetic meds, or bittermelon, or anything like that.

If you knew anything about how diabetes works and did your own research you would realize that maybe your mom is getting better from other factors in her life. But, NOPE you think it's only the bittermelon. You don't see how your creating a correlation and not addressing a cause or mechanism. Like "because the sun rises I am a male"... "because my mom seems to be better after eating bittermelon, bittermelon is a cure for diabetes."

You think that what you perceive and correlate is reality, and because of that it must be true. So if it's true it's everyone's reality and truth. Don't you see the problem in thinking like that?

How can you not see the problem in your statements? You think just cause your mom seems to be better after eating bittermelon that it can cure diabetes, and you promote that like its FALSE fact. GIVING HOPE TO OTHERS WHO WILL TRY IT AND DIE FROM IT. Then when I give you an example of a time it has failed you say "well we are all different." AND you also fail to realize that many people do manage their diabetes through diet and exercise without meds, as well as all the millions of people who can't. Nothing helps them, NOT current synthetic medS, NOT bittermelon, nothing. And they are suffering and dying because of this. They are the people who need help and a novel cure which ONLY science can discover NOT religion. And you have the audacity to try and spit in the face of the scientists who dedicate their lives to finding a cure to save them by saying they are making synthetic meds to create profit? How dare you.

If correlation and being TOLD what is true is sufficient for you, whether it's about medicine, science, or religion, if that is good enough for you then that is fine, BUT keep it to yourself. Don't spread misinformation as fact as if you are an intellectual, when all you're doing is hurting others making them think medication is bad and eating grass will cure everything.

The understanding of comorbidity and therefore placebos is one reason I'm sure people still thank god after a surgicalprocedure or some other emergency intervention
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

This is one of my favorite scenes:

The devil is not a physical being that's there after the evil deed. it's what influences you to do wrong and stay off the right path in the first place.
So you're saying that morality is interpreted outside of religious contexts, but rather through understanding how we influence the lives of other cohabitants in society?

It can be metaphorical. Say it with me..."METAPHORICAL"

So is God Metaphorical?

As can be god.
Ah, you got me!
laugh.gif

Well if god is a metaphor, then why not just admit that its a thought. And not an existence.
I mean would you like to have your pledge of allegiance incorporating metaphors?
roll.gif
...i'm sure some people over time would start to miss the sarcasm.
eyes.gif

I don't know what's so difficult about this to grasp for both sides (Christianity and Atheism).

Well, for one, i'm not just *anti christian*, I'm not a proponent of any religion. But thats besides the point.

Why not religious people, if your model is correct, just admit that its a thought that resides in their head.

Except all of them call this thought "god" but they don't realize that each of them has their own conception of what "god" is in the first place.

Originally Posted by Jay02

It's a tough question because it would still lead me to question what kinda God forsakes others while showering his followers with blessings
That looks like an answer to me-If the God let's people who are no more or less moral than his own follower he can kiss my big black
Is that the answer you were looking for?

I didn't ask the question.
indifferent.gif

The problem I have with this is that there are discoveries still to be made. At the moment we know nothing but who's to say we'll never find out. If we stay content with "God did it" as the answer we'll get no where. And we for sure as hell wouldnt be where we are today with that answer. Lets say we travel out to space, get to a place we've never been before and we find out the answer to how our solar system came about. We would have never found this out if we simply said God created our solar system.

Another example...Lets say someone has cancer. Instead of just saying God created cancer, how about we find out what provokes it or where it comes from. Instead of waiting for God to cure it, why not go find the answer to the cure. The answer "God did it" gets us no where. We'd still be stuck in the stone ages with that train of thought. We are still very very early in the stages of civilization. There are alot of answers out there yet to be found.

pimp.gif

7Db5d.jpg

Well if god is a metaphor, then why not just admit that its a thought. And not an existence.

Existence is a manifestation of thought. You got it backwards.

This is not even getting into collective thought.

EDIT - A major problem with issues like these is that people end their argument early, put up blinders, and then live in a world controlled by ego; completely ignoring the fact that there's more to gain.

OUCH.

Sorry, but we have to do what "silly putty" refuses to do:   1) be consistent  2) be respectful  3) avoid bludgeoning people to death by making the same points ad nauseam. 
Last Edited By: Method Man 01/16/12 6:02 PM.Edited 1 time.

HYPOCRISY IS A CHRISTIAN VALUE
wink.gif
You learned from the best

tumblr_lvjir2KObo1qhk50go1_400.jpg

bread-toast.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom