Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Originally Posted by acidicality

Oregon's road games (USC, Cal, OSU) are not going to be easy. Call me a homer, but the Cal game is a big trap game, if they're still undefeated. Cal plays 100x better at home than on the road and plays good defense at home, has a great RB, so I would not be surprised if Cal can pull off the upset; no matter what, that game will be a tight one. And in addition to that, Cal has beaten Oregon at Memorial Stadium the past few years ('08 and '06). 

EXACTLY.

We've gone through the first half of the season much like I expected to - other than Tennessee and Stanford, we haven't faced any real challenges.
USC on the road.
Cal on the road.
Oregon State on the road.

Oregon could lose any one of those games. People are talking like we're going to cakewalk through the rest of the season...
30t6p3b.gif
How are we going to stop USC if they decide to run the ball?

Oregon's road games (USC, Cal, OSU) are not going to be easy. Call me a homer, but the Cal game is a big trap game, if they're still undefeated. Cal plays 100x better at home than on the road and plays good defense at home, has a great RB, so I would not be surprised if Cal can pull off the upset; no matter what, that game will be a tight one. And in addition to that, Cal has beaten Oregon at Memorial Stadium the past few years ('08 and '06). 

EXACTLY.

We've gone through the first half of the season much like I expected to - other than Tennessee and Stanford, we haven't faced any real challenges.
USC on the road.
Cal on the road.
Oregon State on the road.

Oregon could lose any one of those games. People are talking like we're going to cakewalk through the rest of the season...
30t6p3b.gif
How are we going to stop USC if they decide to run the ball?

...been a TEXAS fan since '01 and mack is overrated. it's too early to call for his job imo, but there definitely needs to be a fire lit under his and his off. coordinator's +##.

...been a TEXAS fan since '01 and mack is overrated. it's too early to call for his job imo, but there definitely needs to be a fire lit under his and his off. coordinator's +##.

did you forget who your head coach was? you have zero shot

Eh...I ain't gonna lie, I was
roll.gif
@ that celebration but so damn heated at the same time. The cocktail party should be way more competitive this year. UGA has been rolling since AJ came back and well quite frankly my Gators suck. They are breaking out the pro combat unis for this game taking a page out of Ritch's book, I fully expect us to be stomped in Jax.

Oh and Gunna you should copyright Chinchilla Cam, I've already seen it popping up on other sites
laugh.gif

Eh...I ain't gonna lie, I was
roll.gif
@ that celebration but so damn heated at the same time. The cocktail party should be way more competitive this year. UGA has been rolling since AJ came back and well quite frankly my Gators suck. They are breaking out the pro combat unis for this game taking a page out of Ritch's book, I fully expect us to be stomped in Jax.

Oh and Gunna you should copyright Chinchilla Cam, I've already seen it popping up on other sites
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

Dont feel MSU is on the same level as an Oregon or Auburn, but what exactly has Boise or TCU done that would make you think they could "drill" them?

I watch the games, seen the teams plays, I think Michigan State would have alot of trouble moving the ball against Boise and TCU. Thats my opinion. Ive seen Boise blow teams out, Ive seen TCU only allow 1 TD in the month of October, and I have seen Michigan State need a fake FG to beat a terrible Notre Dame team. I think Michigan State is good, but there arent not a top 5 team in my opinion. Their win over Wisconsin was very good, but outside of that Im not impressed.
I've only watched a couple of MSU and Boise games but I agree. While I don't think Boise would make it through a decent conference schedule undefeated, their front 7 is really good, way better than I thought it was before we played them. Granted we had some injuries and kinks to work out on the O-line but they manhandled us up there. Ryan Williams averaged like 2 YPC on them and we had 128 rushing yards (mostly by Tyrod on broken plays), we've averaged 230 rushing yards per game since (even against bad teams that's still a big difference). Boise's O-line is also really good, I think we had one or two sacks on them and as far as I know Moore hasn't been sacked the rest of the year yet
eek.gif

Michigan State is undefeated and I give them credit, but they have to be one of the worst top 5 teams in recent memory, the closest I can think of is USF a couple years ago. They barely beat Notre Dame and almost lost to Northwestern. The Wisconsin win is solid, I'll give them that. But from watching them I don't think they'd be able to run the ball on Boise and I don't think Boise would have much trouble scoring on MSU. I don't think Boise would "drill" them, but I do think Boise is a more complete, better team than MSU is. 

All that being said, if they both went undefeated I'd give MSU the nod over Boise.

I dont know why the florida and georgia game is played in florida...+++! just doesn't seem right..they should go back to the home game format.

I dont know why the florida and georgia game is played in florida...+++! just doesn't seem right..they should go back to the home game format.

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

Dont feel MSU is on the same level as an Oregon or Auburn, but what exactly has Boise or TCU done that would make you think they could "drill" them?

I watch the games, seen the teams plays, I think Michigan State would have alot of trouble moving the ball against Boise and TCU. Thats my opinion. Ive seen Boise blow teams out, Ive seen TCU only allow 1 TD in the month of October, and I have seen Michigan State need a fake FG to beat a terrible Notre Dame team. I think Michigan State is good, but there arent not a top 5 team in my opinion. Their win over Wisconsin was very good, but outside of that Im not impressed.
I've only watched a couple of MSU and Boise games but I agree. While I don't think Boise would make it through a decent conference schedule undefeated, their front 7 is really good, way better than I thought it was before we played them. Granted we had some injuries and kinks to work out on the O-line but they manhandled us up there. Ryan Williams averaged like 2 YPC on them and we had 128 rushing yards (mostly by Tyrod on broken plays), we've averaged 230 rushing yards per game since (even against bad teams that's still a big difference). Boise's O-line is also really good, I think we had one or two sacks on them and as far as I know Moore hasn't been sacked the rest of the year yet
eek.gif

Michigan State is undefeated and I give them credit, but they have to be one of the worst top 5 teams in recent memory, the closest I can think of is USF a couple years ago. They barely beat Notre Dame and almost lost to Northwestern. The Wisconsin win is solid, I'll give them that. But from watching them I don't think they'd be able to run the ball on Boise and I don't think Boise would have much trouble scoring on MSU. I don't think Boise would "drill" them, but I do think Boise is a more complete, better team than MSU is. 

All that being said, if they both went undefeated I'd give MSU the nod over Boise.

SDSU ranked 31 in the AP.. 5-2, and their 2 losses (BYU, Mizzou) were absolute BS... I'll take it though, our program has been so bad for so long that the Pointsettia will feel like the Fiesta Bowl LOL

SDSU ranked 31 in the AP.. 5-2, and their 2 losses (BYU, Mizzou) were absolute BS... I'll take it though, our program has been so bad for so long that the Pointsettia will feel like the Fiesta Bowl LOL

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Cal does have a shot. There not UCLA
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Cal does have a shot. There not UCLA
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

I hope SDSU can continue the success. I have always felt like they should be better than they are. San Diego is a great area, California recruits, and you play in a NFL Stadium.

I hope SDSU can continue the success. I have always felt like they should be better than they are. San Diego is a great area, California recruits, and you play in a NFL Stadium.

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

IMO

1. Oregon
2. Auburn
3. TCU
4. BSU
5. OSU
6. Bama
7. MSU
8. Mizzu

Texas Kansas St and WVU wont be ranked next week...Mack Brown deserves to be fired after the loss + what he said after the game at the press conference.
You just started watching college football. Calm down.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Mack Brown? Fired? 
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

IMO

1. Oregon
2. Auburn
3. TCU
4. BSU
5. OSU
6. Bama
7. MSU
8. Mizzu

Texas Kansas St and WVU wont be ranked next week...Mack Brown deserves to be fired after the loss + what he said after the game at the press conference.
You just started watching college football. Calm down.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Mack Brown? Fired? 
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Yeah we produce a good amount of NFL players, especially in comparison to other MWC teams...we've had the talent (I think 6 or 7 players from our 2008 starting offense was in the NFL at one point) but I just think the culture of losing, terrible coaching (Chuck Long), and apathy from the fan base has been a lot to overcome.

If we end up winning 7-8 games this year, win a bowl game, and can sustain that type of success then I can definitely see more 3/4/5 star players from SD staying at home.

Yeah we produce a good amount of NFL players, especially in comparison to other MWC teams...we've had the talent (I think 6 or 7 players from our 2008 starting offense was in the NFL at one point) but I just think the culture of losing, terrible coaching (Chuck Long), and apathy from the fan base has been a lot to overcome.

If we end up winning 7-8 games this year, win a bowl game, and can sustain that type of success then I can definitely see more 3/4/5 star players from SD staying at home.

Back
Top Bottom