Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Quinta Funderburk , Chris Barnett, and Kelvin Fisher Jr all commit to Arkansas 
pimp.gif

edit - .. pretty sure Charles Jackson is a silent.

i Finally felt like this was Boise State's time to hop into the #2 spot, but, Of Course Cam Newton has to beat an overrated LSU team.

i Finally felt like this was Boise State's time to hop into the #2 spot, but, Of Course Cam Newton has to beat an overrated LSU team.

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

I dont know why the florida and georgia game is played in florida...+++! just doesn't seem right..they should go back to the home game format.

Georgia fans don't want it to leave Jax.  I don't think it makes a difference.  We just are shook when we see those Gator helmets no matter where its played.  Ive been down there the last two years and there are just as many UGA fans down there than UF maybe more.  Its a ho hum thing for UF students/fans to go to Jax but for UGA people its literally a fall version of spring break.  We don't have school on the friday before and people head down there and party friday night in Jax or at the beach in south GA. Tailgate Saturday before the game and and party Saturday and head back Sunday for school Monday.  People especially students would be pissed if that went away.

I dont know why the florida and georgia game is played in florida...+++! just doesn't seem right..they should go back to the home game format.

Georgia fans don't want it to leave Jax.  I don't think it makes a difference.  We just are shook when we see those Gator helmets no matter where its played.  Ive been down there the last two years and there are just as many UGA fans down there than UF maybe more.  Its a ho hum thing for UF students/fans to go to Jax but for UGA people its literally a fall version of spring break.  We don't have school on the friday before and people head down there and party friday night in Jax or at the beach in south GA. Tailgate Saturday before the game and and party Saturday and head back Sunday for school Monday.  People especially students would be pissed if that went away.

Originally Posted by ccookielover49

the BCS is ehh...

But in my opinion the USC Oregon game is probably going to be their toughest challenge this season.

I have the strongest feeling that they will roll over cal and Oregon State and their only real challenge will be a flip floppy SC team.

But as long as they get pressure on Barkely it should be lights out.
pimp.gif

Oregon by atleast 10

*shrug* CLK should be ramming the ball down their throats with AB and that OLine.  passing shouldn't be the focal point of the offense that game.

Originally Posted by ccookielover49

the BCS is ehh...

But in my opinion the USC Oregon game is probably going to be their toughest challenge this season.

I have the strongest feeling that they will roll over cal and Oregon State and their only real challenge will be a flip floppy SC team.

But as long as they get pressure on Barkely it should be lights out.
pimp.gif

Oregon by atleast 10

*shrug* CLK should be ramming the ball down their throats with AB and that OLine.  passing shouldn't be the focal point of the offense that game.

^Exactly.
Running the ball keeps that Oregon offense off the field.  But we all know that CLK likes to get fancy with his play calling *$%#%$%%.  No more play actions on 3rd and short please
30t6p3b.gif

^Exactly.
Running the ball keeps that Oregon offense off the field.  But we all know that CLK likes to get fancy with his play calling *$%#%$%%.  No more play actions on 3rd and short please
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by babam11218719

I see...we still hold the lead with most games won...but UF is only like 7 games behind I think...we need a win

Originally Posted by babam11218719

I see...we still hold the lead with most games won...but UF is only like 7 games behind I think...we need a win

And of all the years Michigan State has to miss Ohio State, this so happens to be the one.

Woulda been real nice for em too.

And of all the years Michigan State has to miss Ohio State, this so happens to be the one.

Woulda been real nice for em too.

Originally Posted by JUS3

^Exactly.
30t6p3b.gif

Oregon doesnt spend a lot of time driving the field on offense, so controlling the clock wont be a big issue in this game. The only thing I'm worried about is the defense getting worn down.

^Exactly.
30t6p3b.gif

Oregon doesnt spend a lot of time driving the field on offense, so controlling the clock wont be a big issue in this game. The only thing I'm worried about is the defense getting worn down.

Originally Posted by Noskey

^Exactly.
30t6p3b.gif

Even though they did an excellent job against Cal, our defense is Swiss Cheese.

You guys haven't faced a power running game that we have, along with the size of our Oline.  Oregon's front seven is on the small side.  Stanford has a big offensive line, but they haven't really found a back to do what Toby did last year.

We are not going to slow down Oregon's O.  Chip Kelly's offense is all about rhythm and efficiency, the only way to disrupt it is to pound it out on the ground, hold the ball as much as possible.  It's not really about controlling the clock in this instance, it's about controlling the tempo.

^Exactly.
30t6p3b.gif

Even though they did an excellent job against Cal, our defense is Swiss Cheese.

You guys haven't faced a power running game that we have, along with the size of our Oline.  Oregon's front seven is on the small side.  Stanford has a big offensive line, but they haven't really found a back to do what Toby did last year.

We are not going to slow down Oregon's O.  Chip Kelly's offense is all about rhythm and efficiency, the only way to disrupt it is to pound it out on the ground, hold the ball as much as possible.  It's not really about controlling the clock in this instance, it's about controlling the tempo.

^Exactly.
30t6p3b.gif

If the Trojans put together a few 10-13 play drives and the ducks' offense is getting off the field in 4-5 plays each time (whether they score or not) that defense WILL get worn down.  USC's shown it can score with most teams, the problem is their defense can't stop anyone.  If they can wear Oregon down on D then their offense can hold on to the ball longer and keep that ridiculous Ducks quickstrike O off the field.

^Exactly.
30t6p3b.gif

If the Trojans put together a few 10-13 play drives and the ducks' offense is getting off the field in 4-5 plays each time (whether they score or not) that defense WILL get worn down.  USC's shown it can score with most teams, the problem is their defense can't stop anyone.  If they can wear Oregon down on D then their offense can hold on to the ball longer and keep that ridiculous Ducks quickstrike O off the field.

I'm hearing coach Meyer has started really trying to get the attention of 2011 DE/TE Aaron Lynch (currently committed to Notre Dame). This situation is very interesting and could end up going UF's way if Meyer is able to truly sell UF as a prestigious academic institution to Lynch's mom. She is very impressed by Notre Dame because of its excellent academic tradition and likes the idea of her son going to a place like ND. I'm hearing Aaron himself, however, might not be as sold on Notre Dame as his mom is. Obviously UF's recruitment of Jordan Prestwood (former ND commitment) could help with Lynch because Prestwood and Lynch are incredibly close. I'm hearing Meyer has reached out to Lynch's mom and Florida could really be in it for this kid if Meyer is able to win her over. It's a long time till National Signing Day folks.

And it's looking like Travis Blanks (2012 DB, should be around a 4*) gave the silent to Auburn
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Still a long way until NSD, but he is in LOVE w/ AU and he see's that terrible secondary and knows he can get heavy PT from Day 1

I'm hearing coach Meyer has started really trying to get the attention of 2011 DE/TE Aaron Lynch (currently committed to Notre Dame). This situation is very interesting and could end up going UF's way if Meyer is able to truly sell UF as a prestigious academic institution to Lynch's mom. She is very impressed by Notre Dame because of its excellent academic tradition and likes the idea of her son going to a place like ND. I'm hearing Aaron himself, however, might not be as sold on Notre Dame as his mom is. Obviously UF's recruitment of Jordan Prestwood (former ND commitment) could help with Lynch because Prestwood and Lynch are incredibly close. I'm hearing Meyer has reached out to Lynch's mom and Florida could really be in it for this kid if Meyer is able to win her over. It's a long time till National Signing Day folks.

And it's looking like Travis Blanks (2012 DB, should be around a 4*) gave the silent to Auburn
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Still a long way until NSD, but he is in LOVE w/ AU and he see's that terrible secondary and knows he can get heavy PT from Day 1

Back
Top Bottom