Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

SYRACUSE, NY (WSYR-TV) – Syracuse University linebacker Doug Hogue earned the Walter Camp Football Foundation National Defensive Player of the Week and the College Football Performance Award for linebacker of the week for his performance in SU’s 19-14 victory at West Virginia.
The senior had a team-high 10 tackles, including eight solo stops, 1.5 for a loss of yards, two interceptions and one pass breakup.  Hogue and the Orange defense held West Virginia scoreless for the final three quarters of the game.

The Walter Camp National Honor is the second for Hogue.  Last season he was recognized for his play against Rutgers when he had seven tackles, including an SU single-game record 6.5 for a loss of yards, 3.5 sacks and one forced fumble.
Through seven games this season, Hogue has 49 tackles, including 4.5 for a loss of yards and two sacks, two interceptions, three quarterback hurries, one pass breakup and one blocked kick.
pimp.gif

Others receiving votes: Syracuse 8,

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

However with that said, there's going to be A LOT of this in the upcoming week:
5. Prepare for more Big East bashing: West Virginia's loss means the Big East will once again be without a Top 25 team this week. It's quite possible that the league champion could be unranked headed into its BCS game if things continue this way. If Pitt wins the conference, skeptics will point to the Panthers 0-3 nonconference record versus BCS opponents. If West Virginia wins, the Syracuse loss will be highlighted. If Cincinnati wins, well, you get the idea. Bottom line: this just isn't a good year for the Big East and there's no standout team. But if you want to watch a wildly unpredictable league race where things change just about every week, keep watching.

SYRACUSE, NY (WSYR-TV) – Syracuse University linebacker Doug Hogue earned the Walter Camp Football Foundation National Defensive Player of the Week and the College Football Performance Award for linebacker of the week for his performance in SU’s 19-14 victory at West Virginia.
The senior had a team-high 10 tackles, including eight solo stops, 1.5 for a loss of yards, two interceptions and one pass breakup.  Hogue and the Orange defense held West Virginia scoreless for the final three quarters of the game.

The Walter Camp National Honor is the second for Hogue.  Last season he was recognized for his play against Rutgers when he had seven tackles, including an SU single-game record 6.5 for a loss of yards, 3.5 sacks and one forced fumble.
Through seven games this season, Hogue has 49 tackles, including 4.5 for a loss of yards and two sacks, two interceptions, three quarterback hurries, one pass breakup and one blocked kick.
pimp.gif

Others receiving votes: Syracuse 8,

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

However with that said, there's going to be A LOT of this in the upcoming week:
5. Prepare for more Big East bashing: West Virginia's loss means the Big East will once again be without a Top 25 team this week. It's quite possible that the league champion could be unranked headed into its BCS game if things continue this way. If Pitt wins the conference, skeptics will point to the Panthers 0-3 nonconference record versus BCS opponents. If West Virginia wins, the Syracuse loss will be highlighted. If Cincinnati wins, well, you get the idea. Bottom line: this just isn't a good year for the Big East and there's no standout team. But if you want to watch a wildly unpredictable league race where things change just about every week, keep watching.

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
Nah, you can't do that. "I'll give them Wisc, but other than that...", Wisc could/should be 10-1 with their only loss being MSU. That counts.

MSU/ND is a rivalry game, one of the more noted in cfb history. Some teams get up for games differently for different games. Thats neither the same MSU or ND team that exists now for various reasons.

You can play the same game with Boise barely beating a team that lost to an FCS. When MSU had a team the caliber of most of these teams BSU/TCU play, they've won decisively. If you wanna subtract pts from teams having close games with their rivals, do you....thats a goof trail to down tho...you would be knocking a lot of teams over the years (that were much better than MSU is now) that had close games against lesser opponents en route to great seasons.

I think Boise/TCU can hold their own against anybody on a neutral field, especially this year w/ no teams thats dominant.... but that "Kirk Herbstreit" argument about judging 'strictly' on eye-test is bull****. Neither of those teams have to deal with the physical/emotional stress of playing avg/above-avg/good/great teams in consecutive weeks like some of these other teams. Does an undefeated MSU get strong consideration w/ an undefeated Auburn/Oregon? No, nor would I have objection to Mizzou running thru or a 1-loss Bama or jumping them. But not those 2 (I dont believe Boise should even be ahead of TCU btw).

I've only watched a couple of MSU and Boise games
While I don't think Boise would make it through a decent conference schedule undefeated, their front 7 is really good, way better than I thought it was before we played them

...But from watching them I don't think they'd be able to run the ball on Boise and I don't think Boise would have much trouble scoring on MSU.

MSU is better than VT in almost every phase of the game, so comparing the 2 teams based off the Boise/Tech game, bad reference point. 

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
Nah, you can't do that. "I'll give them Wisc, but other than that...", Wisc could/should be 10-1 with their only loss being MSU. That counts.

MSU/ND is a rivalry game, one of the more noted in cfb history. Some teams get up for games differently for different games. Thats neither the same MSU or ND team that exists now for various reasons.

You can play the same game with Boise barely beating a team that lost to an FCS. When MSU had a team the caliber of most of these teams BSU/TCU play, they've won decisively. If you wanna subtract pts from teams having close games with their rivals, do you....thats a goof trail to down tho...you would be knocking a lot of teams over the years (that were much better than MSU is now) that had close games against lesser opponents en route to great seasons.

I think Boise/TCU can hold their own against anybody on a neutral field, especially this year w/ no teams thats dominant.... but that "Kirk Herbstreit" argument about judging 'strictly' on eye-test is bull****. Neither of those teams have to deal with the physical/emotional stress of playing avg/above-avg/good/great teams in consecutive weeks like some of these other teams. Does an undefeated MSU get strong consideration w/ an undefeated Auburn/Oregon? No, nor would I have objection to Mizzou running thru or a 1-loss Bama or jumping them. But not those 2 (I dont believe Boise should even be ahead of TCU btw).

I've only watched a couple of MSU and Boise games
While I don't think Boise would make it through a decent conference schedule undefeated, their front 7 is really good, way better than I thought it was before we played them

...But from watching them I don't think they'd be able to run the ball on Boise and I don't think Boise would have much trouble scoring on MSU.

MSU is better than VT in almost every phase of the game, so comparing the 2 teams based off the Boise/Tech game, bad reference point. 

EzFlash26- I don't see MSU going untouched, they are playing with fire.  You can call that ND game a rivalry and what not, but that is not a very good ND team and they took MSU to the wire.

Wisconsin beat Ohio State, hooray, but let's not forget that Whiskey had major questions before beating OSU in Camp Randall.  They looked sloppy against Austin Peay, and you can argue that they really got away with one against an Arizona State team that just got wrecked by Cal.

The rankings are silly, how the hell are we ranked behind VTech and Miami?
laugh.gif

Oh well, none of that matters if we get worked by Oregon this Saturday...
smokin.gif
can't wait [Keith Jackson] Whoa, Nellie! [Keith Jackson]

EzFlash26- I don't see MSU going untouched, they are playing with fire.  You can call that ND game a rivalry and what not, but that is not a very good ND team and they took MSU to the wire.

Wisconsin beat Ohio State, hooray, but let's not forget that Whiskey had major questions before beating OSU in Camp Randall.  They looked sloppy against Austin Peay, and you can argue that they really got away with one against an Arizona State team that just got wrecked by Cal.

The rankings are silly, how the hell are we ranked behind VTech and Miami?
laugh.gif

Oh well, none of that matters if we get worked by Oregon this Saturday...
smokin.gif
can't wait [Keith Jackson] Whoa, Nellie! [Keith Jackson]

MSU is a solid team. Top 5? Ehhhh.. But they have done everything to get there. Wiscy has beat OSU and Iowa and MSU handled them. Thats a very solid win. They were dead in the water against NWestern and came back to take it. ND/ MSU is a serious rivalry. Don't get it twisted. That game is never easy even if one team is bunk.

Their D is very well coached. Not too many stupid penalties. Cousins not losing games. This team has turned a corner. I can see them going undefeated. They might eek their way into the game. Do not be surprised. I would hate to see it but they are home free if they win this weekend.

MSU is a solid team. Top 5? Ehhhh.. But they have done everything to get there. Wiscy has beat OSU and Iowa and MSU handled them. Thats a very solid win. They were dead in the water against NWestern and came back to take it. ND/ MSU is a serious rivalry. Don't get it twisted. That game is never easy even if one team is bunk.

Their D is very well coached. Not too many stupid penalties. Cousins not losing games. This team has turned a corner. I can see them going undefeated. They might eek their way into the game. Do not be surprised. I would hate to see it but they are home free if they win this weekend.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

vr6kpy.gif

Originally Posted by Newbs24

vr6kpy.gif

the BCS is ehh...

But in my opinion the USC Oregon game is probably going to be their toughest challenge this season.

I have the strongest feeling that they will roll over cal and Oregon State and their only real challenge will be a flip floppy SC team.

But as long as they get pressure on Barkely it should be lights out.
pimp.gif

Oregon by atleast 10

the BCS is ehh...

But in my opinion the USC Oregon game is probably going to be their toughest challenge this season.

I have the strongest feeling that they will roll over cal and Oregon State and their only real challenge will be a flip floppy SC team.

But as long as they get pressure on Barkely it should be lights out.
pimp.gif

Oregon by atleast 10

Back
Top Bottom