Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Originally Posted by dreClark

I'm hearing coach Meyer has started really trying to get the attention of 2011 DE/TE Aaron Lynch (currently committed to Notre Dame). This situation is very interesting and could end up going UF's way if Meyer is able to truly sell UF as a prestigious academic institution to Lynch's mom. She is very impressed by Notre Dame because of its excellent academic tradition and likes the idea of her son going to a place like ND. I'm hearing Aaron himself, however, might not be as sold on Notre Dame as his mom is. Obviously UF's recruitment of Jordan Prestwood (former ND commitment) could help with Lynch because Prestwood and Lynch are incredibly close. I'm hearing Meyer has reached out to Lynch's mom and Florida could really be in it for this kid if Meyer is able to win her over. It's a long time till National Signing Day folks.

I hate when parents get involved in recruiting. Your child has to spend 4 years there, you don't. Stop trying to live your failed dreams through them whether it be academic or athletic.

Originally Posted by dreClark

I'm hearing coach Meyer has started really trying to get the attention of 2011 DE/TE Aaron Lynch (currently committed to Notre Dame). This situation is very interesting and could end up going UF's way if Meyer is able to truly sell UF as a prestigious academic institution to Lynch's mom. She is very impressed by Notre Dame because of its excellent academic tradition and likes the idea of her son going to a place like ND. I'm hearing Aaron himself, however, might not be as sold on Notre Dame as his mom is. Obviously UF's recruitment of Jordan Prestwood (former ND commitment) could help with Lynch because Prestwood and Lynch are incredibly close. I'm hearing Meyer has reached out to Lynch's mom and Florida could really be in it for this kid if Meyer is able to win her over. It's a long time till National Signing Day folks.

I hate when parents get involved in recruiting. Your child has to spend 4 years there, you don't. Stop trying to live your failed dreams through them whether it be academic or athletic.

Yeah, what kind of mother puts an emphasis on academics for her kid's future.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

30t6p3b.gif
Stop trying to be a smartass. You know exactly what I meant. If he has doubts about playing there, don't force him to go somewhere he doesn't want to go.

UF isn't Notre Dame but it isn't Cal State Northridge either. Its one of the best public schools in the nation and according to the latest US News rankings its #53 in the nation.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

30t6p3b.gif
Stop trying to be a smartass. You know exactly what I meant. If he has doubts about playing there, don't force him to go somewhere he doesn't want to go.

UF isn't Notre Dame but it isn't Cal State Northridge either. Its one of the best public schools in the nation and according to the latest US News rankings its #53 in the nation.

In regards to Gunna's midseason report question, Arkansas has lost only two games (Auburn and Alabama), both in the 4th quarter. They didn't put away Bama, which could've made this season a lot different, but our defense has shown vast improvement over a year. Midseason wise, we can still run the table and make it to a good bowl game, if we learn how to put teams away.

We knew and now the rest of the nation knows that we have a more than capable backup (just the tip of the iceberg). Recruiting has definitely benefited(#9 in the nation, with a couple of silents that will increasing that standing), but I'd rather see a 0 in the loss column.

I'd say that our record at this point was a realistic bet. Keep it up Petrino
pimp.gif

In regards to Gunna's midseason report question, Arkansas has lost only two games (Auburn and Alabama), both in the 4th quarter. They didn't put away Bama, which could've made this season a lot different, but our defense has shown vast improvement over a year. Midseason wise, we can still run the table and make it to a good bowl game, if we learn how to put teams away.

We knew and now the rest of the nation knows that we have a more than capable backup (just the tip of the iceberg). Recruiting has definitely benefited(#9 in the nation, with a couple of silents that will increasing that standing), but I'd rather see a 0 in the loss column.

I'd say that our record at this point was a realistic bet. Keep it up Petrino
pimp.gif

When will coaches learn that you just can't draw parallels with war?
laugh.gif

The question was innocent enough.

Tennessee coach Derek Dooley was again asked about the lack of experience on his team, which he spoke plenty about during his Monday press conference ahead of Saturday's trip to South Carolina.

But it took a turn nobody was expecting after Dooley addressed some penalties and problems lining up last weekend against Alabama, and it turned into a history lesson with the Vols coach finding an unlikely comparison to his team. Here it is in its entirety.

-- "Right now we're like the Germans in World War II. Here comes the boats, they're coming. You have the binoculars, and it's like, 'Oh, my God, the invasion is coming.' That's what they did, they were in the bunkers. It's coming, they call Rommel -- they can't find Rommel. (Pretending to speak into a radio.) 'What do we do? I'm not doing anything until I get orders.' (Pretends to look through binoculars.) 'Have you gotten Rommel yet?'

-- "All right, and the Americans were the exact opposite. We hit the beach, and we were on the wrong spot. 'What do we do? I don't know, but these guys are firing and we better hide over there and blow some stuff up to get up there.' They weren't looking for (help). That's where we've got to make that transition.

-- "I don't want the German people to get upset at me. I'm not attacking them, but that's what happened. You had one group, they weren't worried about what the plan was and orders and all that. When the war hits, things change. You've got to go. You had the other group, and they go, 'Wait a minute. They told us the invasion was way further north' where we had the empty tanks and we were hidding Patton out. 'We weren't ready for this, now what do we do?' 'We better wait until Rommel tells us what to do.'

-- "I hope I got my names right."

When will coaches learn that you just can't draw parallels with war?
laugh.gif

The question was innocent enough.

Tennessee coach Derek Dooley was again asked about the lack of experience on his team, which he spoke plenty about during his Monday press conference ahead of Saturday's trip to South Carolina.

But it took a turn nobody was expecting after Dooley addressed some penalties and problems lining up last weekend against Alabama, and it turned into a history lesson with the Vols coach finding an unlikely comparison to his team. Here it is in its entirety.

-- "Right now we're like the Germans in World War II. Here comes the boats, they're coming. You have the binoculars, and it's like, 'Oh, my God, the invasion is coming.' That's what they did, they were in the bunkers. It's coming, they call Rommel -- they can't find Rommel. (Pretending to speak into a radio.) 'What do we do? I'm not doing anything until I get orders.' (Pretends to look through binoculars.) 'Have you gotten Rommel yet?'

-- "All right, and the Americans were the exact opposite. We hit the beach, and we were on the wrong spot. 'What do we do? I don't know, but these guys are firing and we better hide over there and blow some stuff up to get up there.' They weren't looking for (help). That's where we've got to make that transition.

-- "I don't want the German people to get upset at me. I'm not attacking them, but that's what happened. You had one group, they weren't worried about what the plan was and orders and all that. When the war hits, things change. You've got to go. You had the other group, and they go, 'Wait a minute. They told us the invasion was way further north' where we had the empty tanks and we were hidding Patton out. 'We weren't ready for this, now what do we do?' 'We better wait until Rommel tells us what to do.'

-- "I hope I got my names right."

It's the south. Should have used Civil War metaphors. Would have made more sense to the fans.

It's the south. Should have used Civil War metaphors. Would have made more sense to the fans.

Originally Posted by DLo13

Or maybe it needs to be broken down so you can actually see why people are upset. It has nothing to do with which war or battle he references, its the fact that he compared football to war at all is why people are upset.

Or maybe it needs to be broken down so you can actually see why people are upset. It has nothing to do with which war or battle he references, its the fact that he compared football to war at all is why people are upset.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

And he got alot of backlash for that also...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1657901

CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Miami tight end Kellen Winslowapologized Sunday for ripping officials and comparing himself to asoldier after Tennessee's 10-6 win over the Hurricanes.

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

And he got alot of backlash for that also...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1657901

CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Miami tight end Kellen Winslowapologized Sunday for ripping officials and comparing himself to asoldier after Tennessee's 10-6 win over the Hurricanes.

Back
Top Bottom