Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

See ya in Pasadena!    
pimp.gif

NC State's safety #30 is ballin out there...

FSU can't come out of halftime too comfortable, even though UF is playing like a JV team

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

Originally Posted by RunsHouse23

Originally Posted by rawjs

At least I have FIU to support today. That's who the Hurricanes should have hired. Mario Cristobal. Puttin' in work at FIU and with a win today, we wrap up the Sun Belt Conference.
You better believe if we offered him a contract right now he'd leave that game at halftime.
What positions did he coach for you guys?
Graduate assistant, tight ends coach, and offensive line coach.
So what's taking so long to offer? Lol
I would love him at UM
So would I, he took over a program at a commuter school that was coming off a 0-12 season. Now they're one win away from a conference title.
I wish I was in your position though. Being a student at UM. I'm a student at FIU and theres not much spirit RIGHT NOW. But Mario Cristobal has the school talking about the football team and I'm happy about it.
UM managed to pluck Mike Cassano from FIU. Time to go after Cristobal 
pimp.gif

I wish I was in your position though. Being a student at UM. I'm a student at FIU and theres not much spirit RIGHT NOW. But Mario Cristobal has the school talking about the football team and I'm happy about it.
UM managed to pluck Mike Cassano from FIU. Time to go after Cristobal 
pimp.gif
Yea if we were on the verge on winning our conference for the first time campus would be buzzing right now, I doubt that's the case at FIU right now. But hey, it shouldn't take anything away from your school's accomplishments, congratulations.

FSU handling the Gators and Maryland has a lead on NC State...2005 ACC CG rematch? I can dig it
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Lafonte Thourogood committed to us today after the game, Marquise Williams is going to commit tomorrow.
Also, check out my dude Cody Grimm drinking out of the commonwealth cup.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ClevelandsPrince23

In other news Wisconsin is straight on that style points right now. They realllllyy want that Rose bowl

Too bad OSU has class and doesn't throw bombs while up by nearly 40 points, can't stand bret bielema

This $+#! is just silly, doesn't even look like a CFB team period. Wholesale changes need to be made but Urb is hell bent on keeping things status quo.

I'm done. Onto focus on the NBA season.

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

In other news Wisconsin is straight on that style points right now. They realllllyy want that Rose bowl

Too bad OSU has class and doesn't throw bombs while up by nearly 40 points, can't stand bret bielema
LOL.

i mean...i guess bielema can kneel the ball with 3 min left in the 3rd quarter and prevent the qb from throwing pick 6's

Pathetic ending to a terrible season
30t6p3b.gif
, hoping to see lots of changes in the staff.

Congrats Dre, JVille, Noles came out to handle business today.

Class won't get you in the Rose Bowl.

frown.gif
Cal's defense let down at the worst time possible, from that long pass play then the 4th down. Great call by Washington though, that's absolutely the right call and great game, congrats.
pimp.gif
Very exciting finish to an otherwise ugly game, hope you guys can beat Wazzou next week and get a bowl game.

Tedford won't be in the hot seat after this season (first season Cal's not in a bowl game in like 7-8 years?), considering the AD is behind him and saying that "if he wasn't here we wouldn't have these higher expectations". If next season is similar to this season, then I think the seat would get scalding hot. He definitely isn't safe anymore, which was the case a few years ago. 

Just got back from Thanksgiving:

Oregon 1st Half 
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Oregon 2nd Half
pimp.gif

Auburn 1st Half
sick.gif

Alabama 2nd Half
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Boise St.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

THEY WERE WHO MANY OF US KNEW THEY WERE!  WOLFPACK!!!!
Now they can go to a bowl game they actually belong in.

Good read....

Coaching changes afoot, Sparty draws short straw; more Snaps
Story Highlights
Michigan should only fire Rich Rodriguez if it can guarantee an A-plus hire
Miami, on the other hand, has no choice but to end the Randy Shannon era
Michigan State is an 11-win co-Big Ten champ, but may not make the BCS
PRINT EMAIL BUZZ UP! FACEBOOK DIGG TWITTER RSS SHARE

Saturday's 37-7 loss dropped Rich Rodriguez to 0-3 against archrival Ohio State.
AP

It might be time for a change in Ann Arbor, but only under certain circumstances.
A 37-7 beatdown (RECAP | BOX) in Columbus proved the gulf between Ohio State and Michigan remains wide, and while the Wolverines got better in Coach Rich Rodriguez's third year, they didn't improve significantly. So is it time for Michigan to jettison Rodriguez?
Maybe.
If Michigan has assurances it can make a slam-dunk hire -- I'm thinking of a certain former Wolverines quarterback who works in Palo Alto -- then athletic director Dave Brandon should make a move. Jim Harbaugh has taken Stanford from 1-11 to the top 10, so the adjustment period required after Michigan scraps the offense most of its players were recruited to run would be acceptable.
If Michigan officials can't get a guarantee that they can land an A-plus coach, they should stick with Rodriguez, fire coordinator Greg Robinson and overhaul the defense. Michigan's offense kept it in games this season, but the defense was historically abysmal. If the offense only remains at its current level and the defense improves to fair-to-middling, the Wolverines can win nine games next year. If the defense climbs to above-average, Michigan might actually compete for a Big Ten title.
I know Michigan fans are fed up with the drama surrounding Rodriguez. They're also fed up with losing -- especially to Ohio State. But this isn't the time to throw the baby out with the bathwater unless the Wolverines can land a man who already has his own custom bathroom.
Miami's next man?
It's definitely time for a change in Coral Gables.
Watching Miami warm up last week for its game against Virginia Tech, the volume of pure athleticism on the roster was shocking. Put Miami's players in generic uniforms next to the players from Auburn, LSU or Oklahoma, and you wouldn't know who played for which team. Yet in Randy Shannon's fourth season at the helm, the Hurricanes are 7-5 and have yet to win even the ACC Coastal division.
It's a shame, because Shannon has done everything right but win. His players graduate. They behave. They represent the school perfectly everywhere except on the field. Saturday's overtime loss to South Florida was a prime example (RECAP | BOX). Most of the Bulls chose USF because Miami, Florida and Florida State didn't recruit them. There is no reason players Miami deemed inferior to its own should be able to come to Whatever-It's-Called-This-Week Stadium and beat the Hurricanes.
The bottom line is this: Shannon produced a seven-win season with an 11-win roster, and The U can do better.
A smart up-and-comer would walk across broken glass to get the Miami job. It won't pay as much as other marquee jobs, and while the Hurricanes have earmarked money to improve their facilities, they still don't have the palaces other major programs do. What they do have is a roster that can win the ACC next year and compete for national titles quickly. Even more important is a fertile recruiting ground loaded with exceptional athletes who aren't so young that they don't remember when national champions emerged from the smoke at the Orange Bowl.
Who should the Hurricanes pursue? Mike Leach is jobless in Key West, but the Hurricanes don't need to be an Air Raid team to win. They can collect the talent to run a pro-style system. Which brings us to Miami alum Mark Richt. Richt makes more at Georgia than Miami could ever pay, but Miami could offer a fresh start for a coach who never satisfied Bulldogs fans -- even with six double-digit win seasons in 10 years.
Mississippi State's Dan Mullen is another possibility, especially if he can convince Bulldogs' defensive coordinator Manny Diaz -- the son of Miami's former mayor -- to come along to Coral Gables. Mullen may prefer having an SEC job, but Mississippi State will always chase Alabama, Auburn and LSU for players in the SEC West. Win at Miami, and the four- and five-star athletes will beat a path to your door.
Shannon has had ample opportunity to return Miami to prominence, but he hasn't gotten the job done. It's time to give someone else a chance.
Sparty on the outside
Michigan State fans didn't really want to root for Michigan on Saturday, but they had no choice. Now, they have even more reason to hate the Wolverines.
The Spartans did their part, clinching a share of the Big Ten title by beating Penn State, 28-22 in State College (RECAP | BOX). But Ohio State's win against Michigan and the likelihood of a Wisconsin win against Northwestern means the Spartans, Buckeyes and Badgers will share the title and the team ranked highest in the BCS standings will go to the Rose Bowl.
If Wisconsin beats Northwestern, Wisconsin will be that team barring a major change in voting tendencies. Michigan State beat Wisconsin in its Big Ten opener on Oct. 2, but it lost control of its destiny when it got crushed at Iowa on Oct. 30.
So barring a miracle from Northwestern or from poll voters, the Spartans will be the most under-the-radar, 11-win Big Ten co-champ in history. Wisconsin and Ohio State will play in BCS bowls, and Michigan State will finish its season in the Capital One Bowl in Orlando.
Next year, there will be no co-champs. The team that wins the Big Ten title game will go to the BCS title game or the Rose Bowl. That will be a year too late for Michigan State.
Time to get Bullish
The flip side of Miami's loss is a huge win for USF and first-year coach Skip Holtz. Holtz didn't inherit much of a team from Jim Leavitt, and the Bulls already had exceeded expectations before they crossed the Dade County line. This win runs USF's record to 7-4, and the Bulls can grab win No. 8 and possibly affect the Big East title race by beating Connecticut next week in Tampa.
USF now has beaten two of Florida's "big three" after winning at Florida State last year and at Miami on Saturday. The Bulls lost at Florida on Sept. 11 in their only game against the Gators. Holtz has won everywhere he has been, and he recruited well given a very limited time and a small class this past winter.
In fact, a player the Bulls added in March helped them to their historic win Saturday. Freshman walk-on quarterback Bobby Eveld replaced B.J. Daniels -- who has been hampered by a thigh injury -- to start the second half. Eveld scored on a one-yard touchdown run with two minutes remaining to force overtime, and after the Bulls' defense held Miami to a field goal, Eveld hit Joel Miller -- the player involved in the incident that got previous coach Jim Leavitt fired -- for an eight-yard gain to set up Demetris Murray's game-winning one-yard plunge.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated....index.html#ixzz16WqvuQ51

Originally Posted by acidicality

frown.gif
Cal's defense let down at the worst time possible, from that long pass play then the 4th down. Great call by Washington though, that's absolutely the right call and great game, congrats.
pimp.gif
Very exciting finish to an otherwise ugly game, hope you guys can beat Wazzou next week and get a bowl game.

Tedford won't be in the hot seat after this season (first season Cal's not in a bowl game in like 7-8 years?), considering the AD is behind him and saying that "if he wasn't here we wouldn't have these higher expectations". If next season is similar to this season, then I think the seat would get scalding hot. He definitely isn't safe anymore, which was the case a few years ago. 
Great game, both teams played hard
smokin.gif
Locker is lucky Goodwin saved his #!* on that horrible throw, could have easily been a pick

Originally Posted by youngmoney

LOL.

i mean...i guess bielema can kneel the ball with 3 min left in the 3rd quarter and prevent the qb from throwing pick 6's

Or maybe not have your starting QB throwing 46 yard passes to your starting WR?  Pure class.  Enjoy the 15 minutes of fame though, doesn't happen very often

Back
Top Bottom