Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Gruden has been fascinated and studying the spread since he was fired in Tampa. he's spent time helping Chip Kelly in Oregon

its common knowledge, no inside info

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

http://www.espnmediazone3...11/jon-gruden-statement/

ESPN Monday Night Football analyst Jon Gruden issued the following statement this evening in response to reports about him and the University of Miami:

"I am committed to Monday Night Football and to ESPN. I enjoy working with Mike, Jaws and our entire crew and am just trying to get better at this job."

This is how you know he's lying, no one in their right mind would enjoy working with this annoying peon.

We'll see what happens at UM, that money figure is low though.  Shocked that money is an issue at an elite program like Miami.

Gary Patterson and Chris Peterson are ideal candidates, however, I don't think either wants to leave their comfort zones and become the next Dan Hawkins.

Trelvis, I will give you Rose Bowl tips, but I'll hold off.  Frankly, I think the Rose Bowl is going to make a Big 10/Pac 10 matchup happen.  Then again, if Oregon loses to Oregon State it will not matter anyway.

As far as Gruden goes...that statement is pretty much what every coach says before they take a job somewhere else.

The only thing we know.... is that we know nothing.

Certain players have been told that Gruden is going to be the coach. Assistant coaches have also been told that Gruden will be the coach. Which means nothing because the players and coach might not know anyway.

I am hearing that Teddy B is likely going to LSU. That could change depending on who UM hires but he's been leaning to LSU for a couple weeks.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

We'll see what happens at UM, that money figure is low though.  Shocked that money is an issue at an elite program like Miami.

after the past couple of pages i feel the sarcasm ooozing through my computer 
laugh.gif

I wasn't being sarcastic, I'm actually shocked.

I thought Miami would be the type of school handing out Elite money ($3.5-$4.5 million) without blinking.

I wasn't being sarcastic, I'm actually shocked.

I thought Miami would be the type of school handing out Elite money ($3.5-$4.5 million) without blinking.

If they would be doing that, why wouldn't they upgrade the facilities? 

I don't care Gruden, Harbaugh, Peterson, John Madden, whatever, get me a coach that can actually teach his kids how to watch video and prepare, or can make in game adjustments, or I dunno, has the guts to blitz a walk on freshman quarterback. 
30t6p3b.gif

I like Randy person, but Randy the coach was dreadful. 

Putting Patterson and Peterson in the same conversation with Hawkins is unfair.

He got dealt a bad hand with CU administration and then snowballed it with below average recruiting.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Marquise Williams about to verbal to VT any minute now...where you at Juicy?
laugh.gif
Believe it cus you're about to see it.
tongue.gif

you been saying for months now dude would verbal to VT. one of these days you going to be right?

I know it seems like it's been months but if you look back a few months ago I posted that he was a lock to UNC (and he was at that time before the investigation started). I've only been saying he'd switch to us in the past month and a half or so. 
I'll retire from this screen name if he doesn't verbal today. 

nerd.gif

You tell me...

It's a private institution, there's really no reason to not be prosperous and build facilities.  I'm sure the Football program has brought in a lot of revenue.  I'm sure they have major donors.

I've always heard about their lack of facilities, but why?

Can anyone with actual UM ties elaborate?

Marquise Williams about to verbal to VT any minute now...where you at Juicy?
laugh.gif
Believe it cus you're about to see it.
tongue.gif

you been saying for months now dude would verbal to VT. one of these days you going to be right?

I know it seems like it's been months but if you look back a few months ago I posted that he was a lock to UNC (and he was at that time before the investigation started). I've only been saying he'd switch to us in the past month and a half or so. 
I'll retire from this screen name if he doesn't verbal today. 

nerd.gif
@rivalsmike Lookslike 4 star QB Marquise Williams has de-committed from UNC andcommitted to VTech according to sources, should be public soon

You tell me...

It's a private institution, there's really no reason to not be prosperous and build facilities.  I'm sure the Football program has brought in a lot of revenue.  I'm sure they have major donors.

I've always heard about their lack of facilities, but why?

Can anyone with actual UM ties elaborate?

The whole issue of Miami not having facilities is overblown.

That stuff came about when we were playing at the Orange Bowl. Which in it's final years was one of the most worn down, rickety stadiums in the country. So people would talk about how poor Miami's facilities were but it was mainly about the Orange Bowl. Obviously, we're playing Pro Player/Dolphin/Joe Robbie Stadium now so that's no longer an issue.

No to mention UM just got a $14 million dollar donation from the Scwartz family to build a new athletic facility/training room that's supposed to be completed in 2013 or some @$##.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

My Homer Helmet sticker goes to Vols Denarius Moore.
pimp.gif

3 catches over 40 yards each.

finished the day with 7 catches for 208 yards, his 2nd 200 yard game of the yr ( 228 vs So. Carolina)

pimp.gif
My son 4.4 at the combine and its $
first time at Neyland on Saturday.. Tyler Bray looked pretty good, definitely a bright future for VOLS fans

Originally Posted by AirMaxBuckeye

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

sources saying Gruden is the hire for UM.

He may be bringing some of the spread principles with him that  he has been studying
Yep. Insider on Ohio State's message board said he got a text from a Miami player that said the players were just informed.

That insider was Bill Greene. And the player who texted him was Latwaan Anderson. Who isn't even on the team anymore.
laugh.gif

Whether it is or isn't Gruden...don't be surprised if the announcement is made on Saturday. With FSU playing in the ACC champ, if they win....I"m sure UM would love to announce the new hire around the same time to try to steal some of FSU's buzz.

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

No to mention UM just got a $14 million dollar donation from the Scwartz family to build a new athletic facility/training room that's supposed to be completed in 2013 or some @$##.
Can I get a link on that? 
nerd.gif

It was 5mil not 14. My bad...

$5M LEAD GIFT TO ESTABLISH SCHWARTZ CENTER FOR ATHLETIC EXCELLENCE

The University of Miami today announced a donation of $5 million from the Ted & Todd Schwartz Family Foundation as the lead gift in the campaign for the Center for Athletic Excellence.

Delicious
Digg
Facebook
Google
MySpace
Twitter
Yahoo

Nov. 19, 2010

CORAL GABLES, Fla - The University of Miami today announced a donation of $5 million from the Ted & Todd Schwartz Family Foundation as the lead gift in the campaign for the Center for Athletic Excellence. The gift will create the Theodore G. Schwartz and Todd G. Schwartz Center for Athletic Excellence, which will provide state-of-the-art resources for the over 400 enrolled student-athletes to achieve their personal, educational and athletic goals. The expanded home for UM athletics will include a student-athlete academic center, sports medicine facility, football locker room and gallery of champions.

"Ted & Todd Schwartz's gift ensures our future ability to sustain athletic excellence in this age of continued facility growth and enhancement throughout the college athletics landscape," said Kirby Hocutt, UM's Director of Athletics. "Our mission is to be the best in the country and the Schwartz commitment has furthered our ability to remain at the top of the college athletics world. This transformational donation provides the momentum to ensure that the Center For Athletic Excellence becomes a reality."

"The generosity of the Schwartz Family will sustain the University of Miami in its spot among the top premier athletics programs in the nation by expanding and renovating the resources and facilities we offer to current and future student-athletes," said UM President Donna E. Shalala.

Click here for the Center of Athletic Excellence Web page

"Ted" Schwartz, a resident of Aventura, FL is founder and chairman of the board of directors of APAC Customer Services, Inc. (Nasdaq: APAC) based in Bannockburn, IL, which provides customer call center and business process services and solutions to the healthcare, communications, business, financial, travel and entertainment industries. In 2008, he was honored as an outstanding individual by the Illinois Holocaust Museum & Education Center, and he has been inducted into the American Teleservices Association Hall of Fame and the Call Center Solutions Hall of Fame. In addition, he was distinguished with the Pioneer Award, the University of Illinois Entrepreneur Hall of Fame Award, and the Illinois High Tech Entrepreneur Award. Ted is a member of WPO (World Presidents' Organization) and CEO (Chief Executives Organization).

His son, Todd Schwartz, is a director of the family foundation and founder and president of Beach Coast Properties and Opportunity Financial. The Schwartz family is already part of the University of Miami family. In 1999, the family donated a transformational gift to build the M. Christine Schwartz Center for Nursing Education, now home of the UM School of Nursing and Health Studies.

The total cost of the project is expected to be $13.6 million and the Miami athletics department has already raised $10.5 million towards that goal.

The Schwartz Center, which will be an expansion and renovation of the current Hecht Athletic Center, will also feature a permanent dedicated area to the proud tradition of all Miami's national championship teams and the football Ring of Honor.

The academic area on the second floor will include classrooms, tutor rooms, a state-of-the-art computer lab, a math and science technology lab, staff offices, a 120-seat auditorium, a learning resource room, and a study space to accommodate all student-athletes. The first floor will feature the gallery of champions, the football team locker room and a team lounge for the Hurricanes football squad.

The sports medicine facility will be renovated and expanded to more than three-times its current footprint in the existing Hecht Athletic Center. It will feature in-ground hydrotherapy pools, private examination rooms, digital imaging and extensive rehabilitation space for all of UM's student-athletes.

"We are thrilled to be a part of the tradition of excellence and great athletic accomplishments at the University of Miami. We are also very proud of the academic standards that the U has achieved and maintained. We are confident the U's athletic and academic performance will continue and increase with the opening of the new athletic facility," said Ted Schwartz.

# # #

The University of Miami's mission is to educate and nurture students, to create knowledge, and to provide service to our community and beyond. Committed to excellence and proud of our diversity of our University family, we strive to develop future leaders of our nation and the world. www.miami.edu

headerfacility.jpg

trainingplan.jpg

http://hurricanesports.cs...om/genrel/111910aac.html

Good stuff. 
pimp.gif
  That's good to hear. 

Now get a solid coach/recruiter in there and fill that joint with hungry @#$ football players please. 

Thanks for the link. 

That's crazy I pass by the Hecht Athletic Center (which now will apparently be named the Schwartz Athletic Center after renovations) everyday in my route from my dorm to the Alumni Center where I work, I always see a couple players hanging out around their cars in the parking lot. I occasionally see Jacory around there, he drives this horrid looking beige Altima on 22's and is always rocking Louis Vuitton gear which is kind of odd considering he's from one of the poorest areas in the city (Liberty City), it makes me think it's either fake or somebody is giving him "extra benefits".

TCU to the Big East. Told yall it was coming.

http://www.nydailynews.co...ntent=Google+Feedfetcher

In a move designed to prop up a weak football conference, The Big East has convinced TCU to leave the Mountain West and join the league as an all sports member, sources told the Daily News early this morning. Commissioner John Marinatto and Associate Commisioner in charge of communications John Paquette both flew to Dallas yesterday for the official announcement at 1 p.m. today.

The Horned Frogs, a small private school located in Ft. Worth, are currently the No. 3 ranked team in the BCS standings and are set to at least play in the Rose Bowl this January after completing a perfect 12-0 record. If either Auburn or Oregon lose this Saturday, there is a strong chance TCU will be in the national championship game Jan. 10 at Glendale, Arizona.

^just tacking on to what they posted

[h1]TCU Accepts Offer from Big East[/h1]
By Brett McMurphy
Senior NCAA Writer

Text SizeAAA

Print this page|EmailShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on Lifestream
tcusdsu200-1291042813.jpg
Texas Christian University has accepted an invitation to become an all-sports member to the Big East Conference, industry sources told FanHouse.

The Horned Frogs will join the league beginning on July 1, 2012 and begin play in the Big East in the 2012-13 school year.

The addition of the Horned Frogs will immediately bolster the football league. It also would increase the basketball membership to 17 teams.

The Horned Frogs (12-0) are ranked No. 3 in the current BCS rankings and are guaranteed a BCS bowl. By adding TCU for the 2012-13 school year, the Horned Frogs would take "all of their data to their new league," BCS spokesman Bill Hancock told FanHouse.

The current four-year evaluation period for the BCS concludes in December 2011, so TCU's past BCS rankings – three consecutive top 11 BCS rankings, including this year – will transfer to the Big East since it joined the league before the 2012-13 school year.

The current 2008-11 evaluation period is being used to determine if a seventh conference earns automatic qualifying status for the 2012 and 2013 regular seasons – and the Mountain West (TCU's current home) will not qualify. The Big East, however, already has its automatic qualifying status for the 2012 and 2013 regular seasons by virtue of the contracts, Hancock said.

Adding TCU also would strengthen its position when the league starts renegotiating its television contracts that expires after the 2013 season.

TCU will be located an average of 1,140 miles from the other football league members.

Big East commissioner John Marinatto had previously told FanHouse that if the Big East added new members before the current TV contracts expire, the league could seek to renegotiate.

"Membership -- quality membership and quality inventory -- drives value," Marinatto said. "We're certainly cognizant of the value that expansion and quality inventory would bring to a television partner."

The Big East had said a few weeks ago it wanted to get its football membership to 10 teams. The league also made an offer to Villanova, a member in all sports but football, to move up from FCS to the Big East.

"Villanova has been obviously a member of the conference for 30 years," Marinatto told FanHouse. "We've encouraged them for a number of years going back to 1997 to do whatever they feel is in their best interest. I think they're in the process of evaluating that question and if they evaluate it in the affirmative, we'll obviously have a conversation about membership."

The league expects to get an answer from Villanova by the end of the 2010-11 school year.

Originally Posted by ATLfootballer

Originally Posted by gatorb807

What came out of Ole Miss with the team meeting at 4?
There was no meeting at 4, never was going to be one.  We meet tmr but thats just going to be a regular meeting talking about the rest of the semester followed by an academic meeting.

Now I'm hearing there may be some news in our team meeting at 4... As far as a resign and accepting another job, I think I know the school but I'll wait till after the meeting to confirm

Back
Top Bottom