Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Originally Posted by zs05wc

Is osu offering Chris Bryant? Will that make him an osu lock?
They did offer him...not sure what the level of interest is on his part. The offer came out of left field.

Originally Posted by dreClark

#neckbeard
''Emo Hair'' 
laugh.gif
Dude's salty

[font=times new roman,times]
Top Candidates Turn Minnesota Gopher Nation Down
Justin Gaard, KFAN.com

Templecoach Al Golden was Joel Maturi's top choice to replace the fired TimBrewster as Gopher football coach.  Golden turned the Gophers down. According to a source with knowledge of the situation, so have AirForce's Troy Calhoun, San Diego State's Brady Hoke, UConn's RandyEdsall and Mississippi State's Dan Mullen.  All told, at least 5current head coaches have told Maturi, "No, thanks."

What shouldperhaps be more disturbing to fans of Gopher Nation is that Wisconsinoffensive coordinator Paul Chryst has no interest...anymore.  Accordingto the source, Chryst was interested initially but told by the "U" hewas not considered a top candidate.  Minnesota reportedly went back toChryst to gauge his interest after the first round of coaches turnedthem down, and were basically told too late.
[/font]

Marquise Williams Tuesday night update per Inside Carolina moderator:

According to Inside Carolina's sources, UNC offensive coordinator and QB coach John Shoop visited Marquise Williams at Mallard Creek High School on Tuesday. The two had a long conversation during the visit, following up on a phone call on Sunday night during which they spoke at length. Williams did not de-commit during either conversation. Head coach Butch Davis is scheduled to have an in-home with Williams this coming Sunday.
Mike Farrell isn't the best source when it comes to UNC commits/recruits. Last year he had me thinking Markeith Ambles to UNC was a lock.

Originally Posted by Statis22

As expected, Hershel Sims is looking around, and TCU's duffel bag is gaining the most ground.
All you gotta do is offer Ronnell and you'll get him...

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

Marquise Williams Tuesday night update per Inside Carolina moderator:

According to Inside Carolina's sources, UNC offensive coordinator and QB coach John Shoop visited Marquise Williams at Mallard Creek High School on Tuesday. The two had a long conversation during the visit, following up on a phone call on Sunday night during which they spoke at length. Williams did not de-commit during either conversation. Head coach Butch Davis is scheduled to have an in-home with Williams this coming Sunday.
Mike Farrell isn't the best source when it comes to UNC commits/recruits. Last year he had me thinking Markeith Ambles to UNC was a lock.

Yea ever since I got a Rivals subscription Farrell seems to be the kiss of death for incorrect news, word to Peter Vescey
laugh.gif

However, like I posted in my edit a couple pages back, EVERYBODY was saying he had de-committed and was verbaling to us on Sunday, way before Farrell reported anything; including my friend's dad who talked to him personally at the UVA game and MW said he was going to commit on Sunday and was "a Hokie all the way." That's somebody I know and trust and he would not make that up for no reason.

My guess is he called Butch Davis on Sunday to tell him and Butch made some ridiculous promise or sales pitch to try and keep him, or that he was scared off by Lafonte Thourogood committing on Saturday (which he shouldn't be since he's a much better QB than LT who will probably switch positions). For what it's worth I am still being told we are confident we'll get him. 

laugh.gif

I've talked to recruits at our game all the time asking if they're coming to UNC and that's a pretty standard answer. Tavon Austin was probably the most notable guy I talked to at a game who said that. I'm not sure what ridiculous promises Butch would have to tell Marquise seeing as he was/is already committed to UNC. I'm sure he had to do some cleaning up of the negative recruiting that was done though. Sooner or later we will know his destination seeing as he is an EE.

He didnt even make second team
laugh.gif

Personally its fine with me. I think itll motivate him this off season.

Wassup with Romar Morris? Is he concerned about possible NCAA sanctions or a coaching change?

Ive been getting the word that he's still interested in Vols and will take a visit in a couple weeks .

laugh.gif

I've talked to recruits at our game all the time asking if they're coming to UNC and that's a pretty standard answer. Tavon Austin was probably the most notable guy I talked to at a game who said that. I'm not sure what ridiculous promises Butch would have to tell Marquise seeing as he was/is already committed to UNC. I'm sure he had to do some cleaning up of the negative recruiting that was done though. Sooner or later we will know his destination seeing as he is an EE.

I know kids probably say that a lot to fans to be agreeable or w/e but this is a slightly different circumstance since everybody was expecting him to commit during/after the game for a a couple weeks prior. So the fact that it was expected and he actually said he was going to commit on Sunday makes it a little different than a random recruit that's considering a school saying "yea I'm coming to VT" just to get rid of the fan. 
Either way he didn't end up committing obviously
laugh.gif
so we'll see what happens I guess. All the so called "gurus" are still confident he'll end up here, but then again they were also confident he'd commit last weekend
laugh.gif

It's a big decision so I can see why he'd want to wait it out and weigh all his options; plus it can be hard to tell coaches no (either VT or UNC). FWIW Kevin Newsome told our coaches directly he was committing to VT and then at his press conference when he announced they were completely blindsided that he went PSU. Coaches were NOT happy about that one
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

beans-mug.jpg

Yeah. I mean last year Casey Turner switched his commitment from Rutgers to us on the week of NSD. Then on NSD he flipped back to Rutgers and the coaches had no idea. We were on another RB from Florida who would have committed had we had the room, but by the time we found out it was too late. Recruiting is very fluid, especially when there is uncertainty regarding what the NCAA is going to do. I'm kind of amazed we have only lost 1 commitment at this point.

Gunna- RE: Romar Morris- A couple posters with connections to the staff at his high school have said that he is solid to UNC and that the official visit to Tenn. is something that the UNC staff has known about as he had talked about it for a while. Our recruiting thread has him listed as a soft verbal with UNC and Tenn. in it though. Who knows what could happen after the visit, but at this point I am still expecting him to sign with us. He is nice though. Dude has legit 4.3 speed.

Cam Newton has been ruled... ELIGIBLE by the NCAA. Case CLOSED.

with the goons I spy stay in tuned to ma, sayin damn u the realest since cumbaya ...

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom