Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Originally Posted by Statis22

Reggie Bush parents commits NCAA violation, USC says they had no idea of it, USC gets hammered.

Cam Newton dad commits NCAA violation, Auburn says they had no idea of it, Auburn gets off.

Well played for the time being Mike Slive.

If I were Pat Haden, Mike Garrett, Reggie Bush, or any high ranking USC official, i'd be openly pissed.

just off what's out, the two cases are diff.

Bush received benefits. he was stayin in hotels and takin trips to vegas on New EraSports dime, AND they copped him a Chevy.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

^Was it ridin high boy? Probably bumpin gangsta music too. That would have been soooooo crucial.
laugh.gif
 What you did there, I see it
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Reggie Bush parents commits NCAA violation, USC says they had no idea of it, USC gets hammered.

Cam Newton dad commits NCAA violation, Auburn says they had no idea of it, Auburn gets off.

If I were Pat Haden, Mike Garrett, Reggie Bush, or any high ranking USC official, i'd be openly pissed.

Bush received benefits. he was stayin in hotels and takin trips to vegas on New EraSports dime, AND they copped him a Chevy.
No they are not,
laugh.gif

New Era didn't buy him that Impala, his biological dad did, Bush had proof too which USC submitted.

Anyway, I wont go there.

I'm not naive enough to think that Cam Newton was going to be declared ineligible when Auburn is the SEC's only shot for representation in the NC game.  The SEC/ESPN influence is strong.

laugh.gif
@ Cam not knowing
laugh.gif
@ Auburn not knowing

I could poke holes, draw lines, compare and contrast but I wont go there.

Pat Haden already commented:

Pat Haden

Gunna's right, Bush received benefits.  Doesn't change the fact that Cam received a signing bonus.

Yep, system is significantly flawed these loopholes need to be fixed.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]USC Shocked by Cam Newton Decision[/h1]

The NCAA's decision to reinstate Auburn quarterback Cam Newton shocked a lot of people, but none more than the people at the University of Southern California. USC is currently trapped in probation purgatory over illegal benefits an agent provided to Reggie Bush's family several years ago. USC athletic director Pat Haden (right) found it curious that Newton kept his eligibility while Bush lost his. He told the Los Angeles Times, "I was always told the parent is the child. That's what we've been telling our kids. If the parent does something inappropriate the child suffers the consequences." It is curious, but the difference between the two cases appears to be that there's not yet any proof Newton's family actually got any money, while the evidence in the Bush case is solid. Nonetheless, you can bet USC will mention Newton when it appeals the Bush ruling next month.

We've known for years that former Texas Tech coach Mike Leach is no shrinking violet. He's very public about his desire to get back into coaching, and now he's got a friend in a high place. Donald Trump has sent a letter to University of Miami president Donna Shalala urging her to hire Leach to replace Randy Shannon. Why does The Donald care? No idea, but he made the same suggestion back in 2006 when The U hired Shannon.

In all honesty I thought the rule was solicitation (regardless if they received any kind of benefits) from that player or family member is a violation..?

And trying to extort over  $100,000 isn't as bad either? The SEC even ruled him ineligible.I believe that if Auburn wasn't in this position he would be suspended but seeing as TCU is sitting right behind them,the NCAA wants to keep the power in the power conferences
30t6p3b.gif
. Reggie Bush and USC got punished very severely but now they're basically saying that your parents can do stuff like that and you won't get punished.I find it hard to believe that Cam didn't know about what was going on.Student athletes are supposed to keep their parents in check. Now this opens a bunch of loopholes in future scandals.Like they said on PTI,this is an "agenda driven joke". If 
Bush had to give back his Heisman,I believe that Cam should to when he wins it.The NCAA is an absolute joke just like their BcS system.

Yes I'm a mad SC fan but even as a regular fan,this is absolute +%!%%%#$.
mad.gif

This is what the NCAA is.  They always contradict themselves and come up with make believe rules and change things around all the damn time.  Is what it is. 

Dez went home for the season for havin a salad at Primetimes and not being honest about it. 

And honestly, I always thought the NCAA was a private eye business, all I ever hear them do is "investigating"  something. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Glad Cam gets to play, but the next kid that does something sideways and they come down hard on him and the school, this will all come back up again. 

[h1]The SEC even ruled him ineligible[/h1]
[h1]no  they didnt, the ncaa let Auburn know that rogers & Cecil Newton solicited Money from Miss St, and Auburn ruled Cam ineligible , like they were supposed to do by NCAA rules. the NCAA then overturned it and made him eligible. [/h1]those are the facts man...

Ironman, i thought the company loaned Bush step dad the money to buy the Impala too ???
This is the photo from DUB magazine featuring Bush sitting on the hood of the Chevrolet Impala that was purchased for him by New Era Sports financiers. The car was bought in approximately the spring of 2005.

[h1]
[/h1][h1]Why the NCAA got it right in the Cameron Newton case[/h1]
6:41 am December 2, 2010, by Tony Barnhart

There are a lot of people in Athens, Ga., Tuscaloosa, Ala., and Los Angeles, Calif. who are going to get mad at this statement. But here it goes:

Based on what  its investigators have determined, the NCAA got it right with Wednesday’s ruling on Cameron Newton.

Early Wednesday afternoon the NCAA announced that Auburn’s quarterback was eligible to play immediately. That statement became necessary because on Monday the NCAA determined that a violation of amateurism rules occured when Newton’s father had conversations with a former Mississippi State player about a possible pay-for-play scheme. The NCAA informed Auburn of this and the school, as it must, declared Newton ineligible on Tuesday (How they kept that secret is amazing). Auburn petitioned the NCAA to reinstate Newton as soon as possible. The NCAA  committee that determines these types of things granted that reinstatement on Wednesday.

That was the process.

The NCAA enforcement staff has been investigating this case since last summer. Here are their findings as of Monday:

**–Newton’s father and the owner of a scouting service (various media reports have identified this man as former Mississippi State player Kenny Rogers) had conversations about a possible play-for-pay deal for the son’s services.

**–Cameron Newton had no knowledge his father’s actions.

**–Neither Auburn University nor anyone representing its athletics interests had any involvement in or was aware of the activity between Cecil Newton and Kenny Rogers.

That’s it.

Now if you’re a Georgia fan and you saw A.J. Green lose four games for selling a jersey, you think there is a double standard. Same at Alabama, where Marcell Dareus sat two games for accepting travel expenses to attend that infamous agent’s party in South Florida. At USC they are wondering why they got hammered. From the Trojans’ perspective Reggie Bush’s parents had their hands out just like Cecil Newton. All Cecil Newton got was limited access to the Auburn football program in the future. Big deal.

They are thinking that a high-profile player (Newton) and a high-profile league (SEC) got a pass from the NCAA  just three days before a high-profile team (Auburn) played in a high-profile game (SEC championship) that was worth a lot of money to everyone concerned. This also had to get tidied up because the Heisman Trophy is going to be presented a week from Saturday (Dec. 11) and how uncomfortable would it be for the winner not to talk to the media?

I get all that. In the internet age nothing just happens anymore. Nobody just looks at a set of facts and makes a decision. It is always part of a vast conspiracy to keep the rich and powerful in their positions of wealth and power and to keep somebody else down. There are always larger forces at work.

There is a big difference between the three cases above and the Newton case. In those cases there was a finding of FACT that money and extra benefits actually changed hands. Green admitted he received $1,000 for the jersey (whether or not that should be a violation is a different argument). Dareus admitted that somebody paid his way to South Florida. It took a four years but the the NCAA proved, to its satisfaction, that almost $300,000 in benefits went to Bush or his parents.

In the Newton case, the father solicted money either directly or indirectly in his conversations with Rogers and, at this point, there is no evidence that money or extra benefits ever changed hands.

Now a lot of you are simply not going to believe that the kid did not know what the father was up to. A lot of you refuse to believe that Cecil Newton and his contact only solicted money from one school (Mississippi State) which said no. A lot of you believe this ruling  just opens the door for parents to sell their sons to the highest bidder–as long as they keep their talented sons in the dark. I can’t tell you how many people told me on Wednesday that this was a “slippery slope.

Just happy that the NCAA kept my hopes of Oregon v. Aubrun alive.

Pretty much guaranteed that something is going to come of this down the line but for right now the NCAA is just doing what's best for their product.

Originally Posted by CP1708

This is what the NCAA is.  They always contradict themselves and come up with make believe rules and change things around all the damn time.  Is what it is. 

Dez went home for the season for havin a salad at Primetimes and not being honest about it. 

And honestly, I always thought the NCAA was a private eye business, all I ever hear them do is "investigating"  something. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Glad Cam gets to play, but the next kid that does something sideways and they come down hard on him and the school, this will all come back up again. 
Yea they came down hard on Bush and Dez but their just letting this one go ?
indifferent.gif
 ,His Dad was pretty much pimping him around.
I just wanna see most Div 1 teams make 5 regional "Super" conferences with a playoff seeding system like in basketball and start up their own association governed by the schools themselves not no NCAA

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Exactly.
pimp.gif

Cam is the best player in CFB this year, period. I pray the Heisman voters don't do anything stupid. Reggie was the best player in 2005, and all this off-the-field crap will never take away from that.

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

Exactly.
pimp.gif

Cam is the best player in CFB this year, period. I pray the Heisman voters don't do anything stupid. Reggie was the best player in 2005, and all this off-the-field crap will never take away from that.

Another reason the system is flawed. The Heisman is for the best ON FIELD FOOTBALL player in the country. Off the field issues shouldn't affect with his on field performance. No reason to take a Heisman for "off the field" issues. That's something else and should be handled separately 

reports are that Vikings RB Coach Eric Bienemy is on a short list for Colorado's head coaching job
pimp.gif

The Buffs have offered jon Embree (******** TE coach)

also, Randy Shannon may land on his feet. Looks like he's the leader making the run on the back 9 for the Vandy job.

and in the
indifferent.gif
 category, Jeff Driskel was named Gatorade player of the yr in the state of Florida.
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

That's not the right way of looking at it.  It's not what they did or did not receive, the key points in both cases are 1) whether the athletes were involved in getting the benefits and 2) if the schools were in on it.  For Reggie, there was no doubt about #1 but NCAA made a very loose connection regarding #2 (reason why most SC fans are mad).  For Cam, you'd have to be naive to believe that Cam didn't know what his own Dad was doing (#1) and that Auburn wasn't solicited as part of the pay-for-play (#2).

Originally Posted by after h0urs

For Cam, you'd have to be naive to believe that Cam didn't know what his own Dad was doing (#1) and that Auburn wasn't solicited as part of the pay-for-play (#2).
You can't GUARANTEE it though. 

Naive, maybe, but can you be POSITIVE of it?  No, you can't, you weren't there. 

Most won't care but Arizona/Arizona St. is a big rivalry in the desert.  I hate everything about that school. 

8-4 with a win over A$U = good by Arizona standards
7-5 and losing at home to A$U= utter failure

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]BEAR DOWN![/color]

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

Exactly.
pimp.gif

I'd much rather play and beat a Cam Newton led Auburn squad 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Sad that LaMike didn't get more Heisman-like production (although maybe in another year he is closer to winning it). Regardless, I think the best two teams in the country will play each other. Sorry TCU.

Brantley looking to transfer according to his HS coach.

As far as Cam goes....It's not about what you know...it's about what you can prove. You USC fans need to take your panties out of a bunch. There aren't enough solid facts to definitively prove that a wrong doing occurred. And even if it did occur...how are you going to punish Auburn for what Miss State did. It's a whole different conversation if Cam actually went to Miss State and this stuff came up...but he didn't. He went to Auburn....and there's no proof that he accepted money from Auburn either...so there's nothing the NCAA can do.

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

And trying to extort over  $100,000 isn't as bad either? The SEC even ruled him ineligible.I believe that if Auburn wasn't in this position he would be suspended but seeing as TCU is sitting right behind them,the NCAA wants to keep the power in the power conferences
30t6p3b.gif
. Reggie Bush and USC got punished very severely but now they're basically saying that your parents can do stuff like that and you won't get punished.I find it hard to believe that Cam didn't know about what was going on.Student athletes are supposed to keep their parents in check. Now this opens a bunch of loopholes in future scandals.Like they said on PTI,this is an "agenda driven joke". If 
Bush had to give back his Heisman,I believe that Cam should to when he wins it.The NCAA is an absolute joke just like their BcS system.

Yes I'm a mad SC fan but even as a regular fan,this is absolute +%!%%%#$.
mad.gif
haven't bee able to post on this because I have been busy with school and work, but you dudes trying to say USC is getting screwed need to wake up.  I hear this crap on the radio all week and not one person seems to be able to tell that Reggie Bush actually received money and Cam didn't.  That right there is the reason why Cam can't be touched.  The 2 situations are completely different, the money exchange is the only thing that would have tied Cam and Auburn to ineligible benefits and if that would have happened then it would go down like USC.  But guess what, there is no proof of money exchanging hands between the university and its donors and Cam Newton, so stop with the comparisons already because when it comes down to it there aren't any that matter.

Everett Golson QB, has decommitted from UNC and committed to Notre Dame.

Kyrk, I read rumors about Brantley lookin at Delaware, what u got?

Back
Top Bottom