Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

I agree that Cam deserves it based on his play, but..

Then he went on to beat top tier SEC teams back to back to back week in and week out

The defenses he went up against would literally make Kellen Moore/Boise St and Andrew Luck/Standford like
embarassed.gif

Are you Verne Lundquist?

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

Ok I have to get this out.....

Coming from a die hard football fan and a ex football player I have a lot of respect for Cam Newton

Every time I hear someone bashing him or bringing up the allegations I tend to get heated
mad.gif

EVERY college athlete & star player is gettin paid and benifits some kinda way and if you think other wise
indifferent.gif

But the fact that MSU wanna bring this all out in the open is straight comedy
laugh.gif

1. If Auburn had a losing season we would not even be talking about this
2. Its his dad not HIM makin deals
3. This happened 2 years ago.....why not say something when it went down?
4. They never took ANY money

Now on to the next.....

The Heisman trophy

Isnt this the equivalent to a MVP award or award to the best college football player for that season?

I dont care what a player does off the field that can NEVER take away from what he does on the field (unless you on the juice
laugh.gif
)

Cam took a team that NOBODY predicted to do anything this year and brought them to the BCS NC!

Not only that but he had to learn a offense and mold with a team in one year (very difficult from a QB stand point)

Then he went on to beat top tier SEC teams back to back to back week in and week out

The dude literally broke the Holy Tebows records

The defenses he went up against would literally make Kellen Moore/Boise St and Andrew Luck/Standford like
embarassed.gif

and on top of all that the dude played JUCO for one year and took that team to a title

Has he made some dumb decisions? YES! At Florida he made some crazy choices but he matured left the spotlight (JUCO) and learned from it then came back a better man. Thats really a testimony and something everybody can look up to and be proud of.

Cam has paid his dues and has been the best player on the field......HE EARNED THAT AWARD

Now hopefully Vick can get the NFL MVP after all he has been through and him being the best QB this season
1. Don't fish for deals with people that might turn on you. Throw out a deal to people that you know will accept if that is your motive.
2. Allegedly. Tough to think a 21 year old has no clue his dad is looking for money.

3. These runners aren't stupid. It coincides with point 1. Take them down when they are at their highest. They obviously left these dudes hanging. They knew they would get their shot and they took it. 

4. Debatable. The FBI isn't looking into this as a coincidence. There is a paper trail those cats will find it. If nothing is found I think the feds told them what to do. I don't buy this one.

The family was fishing for some loot. No big deal. I don't care. But people trying to tell me they are the ones I should feel sorry for are dumb. They knew what they were doing was 100% wrong. Not innocent. Do work Cam andI don;t care what you got paid. You aren't the first and won't be the last. Just don't try to make me feel sorry for you. 

Coming from a die hard football fan and a ex football player I have a lot of respect for Cam Newton

Every time I hear someone bashing him or bringing up the allegations I tend to get heated
mad.gif

EVERY college athlete & star player is gettin paid and benifits some kinda way and if you think other wise
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

Now on to the next.....

The Heisman trophy

Isnt this the equivalent to a MVP award or award to the best college football player for that season?

I dont care what a player does off the field that can NEVER take away from what he does on the field (unless you on the juice
laugh.gif
)

Cam took a team that NOBODY predicted to do anything this year and brought them to the BCS NC!

Not only that but he had to learn a offense and mold with a team in one year (very difficult from a QB stand point)

embarassed.gif

and on top of all that the dude played JUCO for one year and took that team to a title

Has he made some dumb decisions? YES! At Florida he made some crazy choices but he matured left the spotlight (JUCO) and learned from it then came back a better man. Thats really a testimony and something everybody can look up to and be proud of.

Cam has paid his dues and has been the best player on the field......HE EARNED THAT AWARD

Now hopefully Vick can get the NFL MVP after all he has been through and him being the best QB this season

QFT and this should be the same for Reggie Bush. He EARNED it on the field.
I think Brady might have something to say about Vick being the best QB though

mad.gif

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

Moron. 

Looking back on the year I can say its been a awful calendar year for Texas.

Colt going down.
A&M killed their realignment dreams.
Finishing 5-7 and not going to a bowl.
Mack forced to fire a good part of his staff.
And watch another good part of his staff go to Gainesville. (Muschamp, Applewhite, Akina)

Here's to hoping that sun shines a little brighter in Austin in '11.

damn, my squad's going to be garbage for the next couple of years. enjoy it and suck it OU. my only solace this year was that nebraska handed us a W and they didn't win the 12.

mad.gif

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

Now on to the next.....

The Heisman trophy

laugh.gif
)

embarassed.gif

laugh.gif
  This has been weighing heavily on my chest...I haven't been able to sleep in weeks. 
The hell you writing that people haven't been discussing in here for a good month now? 
laugh.gif

Props to Jimmy Sexton for getting a Defensive coordinator, whose Defense just got ripped apart all yr and has zero head coaching experience, one of the top 5 coaching Jobs in America

Yall can say what yall want

Dude got the award and he EARNED it point blank

No college player balled as hard as him this year let alone against all odds

and I know Cam knew about the deal....duh!
eyes.gif
any son would know about there D1 under the table deals.....I went to school and graduated with a slew of D1 stars and current players and they all gettin that mula and driving aka sponsored cars

but put your self in his shoes at the moment....are you gonna say "yeah I knew about it" and put your OWN family on blast and possibly your NC title in jeopardy? NO! Family is over everything EVEN football....He did the right thing in my book....Play it cool act like you know nothing, get the award you EARNED, play in the BCS NC, then get that NFL money......some of yall are are just plain dumb Family first then Money then Football he took care of all 3 like he should

props to Cam
pimp.gif

Hopefully my boy Denard can get it next year

Shannon is already in talks with Texas for the DC job.  That'll be his job. Mack Brown for whatever reasons has always been fond of him. Tried to pry him away in 2006.

Originally Posted by acidicality

I agree that Cam deserves it based on his play, but..

embarassed.gif
Are you Verne Lundquist?

give Kellen Moore or Andrew Luck an SEC quality O-line and Skills around him and they'd be both throwing for almost the same exact numbers. 

[table][tr][td]Williams Sticking with UNC 
premium.gif
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
885439.jpg

[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[table][tr][td]
By Don Callahan

Inside Carolina
Posted Dec 11, 2010
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php...4NXC&pre=http://northcarolina.scout.com/&tt=0http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php...4NXC&pre=http://northcarolina.scout.com/&tt=0http://www.blogger.com/blog_this.py...m/2/1030290.html&n=Williams Sticking with UNChttp://northcarolina.scout.com/2/1030290.html#email-a-friend-windowhttp://northcarolina.scout.com/a.z?s=78&p=10&c=1030290&refid=4781|More

SPARTANBURG, S.C. --- After weeks of silence, Marquise Williams answered the golden question when he arrived in Spartanburg on Saturday afternoon for the Shrine Bowl.
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
“Everybody is wondering what I’m going to do,[/td][/tr][/table]

Yall can say what yall want

Dude got the award and he EARNED it point blank

No college player balled as hard as him this year let alone against all odds

and I know Cam knew about the deal....duh! any son would know about there D1 under the table deals.....I went to school and graduated with a slew of D1 stars and current players and they all gettin that mula and driving aka sponsored cars

but put your self in his shoes at the moment....are you gonna say "yeah I knew about it" and put your OWN family on blast and possibly your NC title in jeopardy? NO! Family is over everything EVEN football....He did the right thing in my book....Play it cool act like you know nothing, get the award you EARNED, play in the BCS NC, then get that NFL money......some of yall are are just plain dumb Family first then Money then Football he took care of all 3 like he should

Everyone is aware he is the best player on the field and deserved the award for his play....duh! Just because all the "slew of D1 stars and current players" get compensated doesn't mean its right.

“This is an award that has been won ever since I came out your womb.

30t6p3b.gif

___

I need a favor,
any of yall got a line on any Early Enrollee commitments for yall schools in 2011? If yall do, post em, I need a nice list. and also, a list from the 2010 class and their playing time and how u think they did ...
Im trying to get a lil pseudo study going about Early Enrollees ...

The EE's at Tennessee last yr were pretty successful, Tyler Bray, Juwann james, Justin Hunter, Channing Fugate, Corey Miller, Jaques Smith... Matt Milton & Ted Meline got Red Shirted ... 6 out of 8 played major minutes, 3 were Freshman ALL SEC.

UCLA

QB Brett Hundley
DE Sam Tai
OLB Aaron wallace

OG Wade Yandall was a RS didnt play this year but will proably start in 2011

You guys only had 1 ee in 2010? wasnt D. Riley an EE? what about the OLB who transfered to UF? (drawing a blank on his name)

Back
Top Bottom