Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I'll telll u this, I'd take Al Golden over Will Muschamp every single day of the week

this x1000000
this hire is wayyyy better then florida imo 

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

EDIT- Just saw your edit.
laugh.gif
. Re negative recruiting though when you are VT and have dominated the Coastal and the ACC, why wouldn't you sell him on that and also into making him a better Tyrod Taylor?

I dunno man, I am pretty sure that IS what we sold him on. If you wanna look at what we have to offer as far as on field success, fan support, and history of similar players being successful (Vick, Tyrod, Bryan Randall as a senior) we have a strong case. We don't have the greatest recruiters but it shouldn't be that hard; I don't know how other staffs like UNC and Clemson are so much better at selling what they have. 
And I think Al Golden will end up being a VERY good hire for Miami if that actually happens. When UVA fired Groh and they were looking at Golden I was very worried about him being there. Glad they went with London instead. I think Golden is a great coach who will do big things.

2010 EE's:

Jeff Luc (LB) - ST's and spot duty @ MLB.
Clint Trickett (QB) - RS
Amp McCloud (NT) - Lots of PT and actual production. Started the last 5 games or so
Debrale Smiley (HB) - Only like 8 carries all year

2011 EE's :

Jacob Coker - QB
Terrance Smith - LB
Giorgio Newberry - DE (He's iffy @ the moment)
Aaron Lynch - DE
Trey Pettis - OG
Jordan Prestwood - OT
Devonta Freeman - RB
Sterling Lovelady - C

Looks like Golden will be our new coach, so much for making a huge hire. Florida loses their coach, goes after only one guy and two days later he accepts their offer. We go after every single established big name head coach in the country, have every single one laugh in Kirby Hocutt's face so we end up settling for Temple's coach. Boy has this program fallen.
Florida didn't try to hit a home run though.  They landed a former hot up and coming head coaching candidate.  I say former because nobody thought he would leave Texas.  The Miami Hurricanes got lucky, Al Golden is a solid hire and he actually has head coaching experience.  He turned Temple around...TEMPLE!

It was going to take a lot to lure Gruden, Patterson, Peterson and Stoops.  Gruden is comfortable at ESPN, he's waiting for an NFL team to call.  Patterson and Peterson are comfortable where they are at.  Miami isn't the first team to court them, and be turned down.  Peterson isn't leaving Boise State any time soon, no matter who calls.  I don't think Patterson will leave now, with TCU's move to the Big East coming in 2012.  Stoops was a long shot, really, why would he leave Oklahoma?

2010 EE's:
Dillon Baxter - Roller coaster year, filled with controversy.  Suspended against Hawaii due to getting busted for smoking pot.  Suspended for gettting a golf cart ride from an "agent".  Battled through injuries as well.  Flashed talent in practice, started one game as a true freshman.

Kyle Prater - Nagging injuries throughout fall camp, redshirted in 2010.

Anthony Brown - Possible redshirt.

2011 Possible EE's so far:
QB Max Wittek
QB Cody Kessler
LB Tre Madden

CLK & Co. are trying to get 10 EE's

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

Looks like Golden will be our new coach, so much for making a huge hire. Florida loses their coach, goes after only one guy and two days later he accepts their offer. We go after every single established big name head coach in the country, have every single one laugh in Kirby Hocutt's face so we end up settling for Temple's coach. Boy has this program fallen.

Golden was in my top 3 from the beginning.

You need to lower your expectations.

Too many UM fans thought we were going to get Harbaugh, or Gruden, or Peterson, or Patterson from TCU.

Of the coaches we could realistic get, could afford, and would actually consider taking the job...Golden was near the top of my list.

My only concern with Golden is personality. Watched some of his interviews and behind the scenes clips and he seems to be a really laid-back, quiet, stoic type guy. Not sure how he'll really mesh with a bunch of South Florida kids. He just doesn't have that flashy personality like say a Jimmy Johnson, which I would have preferred. Solid coach though.

Bo is a Longhorn Rider. he thinks Will Muschamp is Bill Belichek or some other foolishness....

I read that if Gus takes the vandy job, he's bringing Trooper with him as OC...
laugh.gif
this is going to be COMEDY!
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Whitlock & Bomani Jones dont seem to be high on Golden

Whitlock is an idiot. And Bomani is a radio host. who cares what he thinks? He should stick to pro sports.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Whitlock & Bomani Jones dont seem to be high on Golden
    1. [*]@CDeLotell ask me in two years. Miami should be best program in the mac xonsistently7 minutes ago via Echofon in reply to CDeLotell[*]RT @Reek3232: I'm a Temple season ticket holder and I agree with u. Golden is good recruiter, bad coach. Dopey guy overall.12 minutes ago via Echofon[*]Big-city school willing to take questionable academic qualifiers can't help but win n MAC. Conf terrible last 2 yrs. Golden bad hire.about 2 hours ago via Echofon[*]@jphill9990 great hireabout 2 hours ago via Echofon in reply to jphill9990[*]RT @espn4d: You were told correctly. RT @nickjezierny@WhitlockJason Golden never beat a mac team with a winning record (or so I was told)about 2 hours ago via Echofon[*]Bad hire. RT @GregCappel: what'd you think of butch jones at CMU? hoping for better than we got this year at Cincy.about 2 hours ago via Echofon[*]I watch the MAC. Most of you don't. I told u Gill was a bad fit for Auburn and I'm telling u Golden will b fired at Miami n 4 years.about 2 hours ago via Echofon[*]Arguments for Golden sound the exact same as argument for Turner Gill. Golden and Gill both got lucky, horrible game-day coaches. Horrible.about 2 hours ago via Echofon[*]I watch MAC football. Golden terrible. I've watched. RT @mmudrick: may i ask how you've come to that conclusion?about 2 hours ago via Echofon[*]Let's say this: distance between Golden and Gruden farther than ol to ru. My God, Miami should b embarrassed. Golden is terrible.about 3 hours ago via Echofon

nerd.gif

Rodderick Ryles from Dr. Phillips has opened up his recruitiment. Would like to see Michigan jump in on him but I'm not sure our recruiting is gonna be effective until Brandon stops sand bagging RRod.

Originally Posted by zs05wc

Rodderick Ryles from Dr. Phillips has opened up his recruitiment. Would like to see Michigan jump in on him but I'm not sure our recruiting is gonna be effective until Brandon stops sand bagging RRod.

He didnt open up his recruitment, he had his offer pulled and was told to look elsewhere

"I still got options, but Michigan isn't one," he said. "But I am wide open and Arkansas is off the list."

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I read that if Gus takes the vandy job, he's bringing Trooper with him as OC...
laugh.gif
this is going to be COMEDY!
roll.gif

PLEASE make this happen Vandy. I will start donating to the school, if they can close the deal.

Jordan Haden & Josh Haden have committed to the Toledo #Rockets.

Watermelon_catapult.gif

[*]@CDeLotell ask me in two years. Miami should be best program in the mac xonsistently7 minutes ago via Echofon in reply to CDeLotell[*]RT @Reek3232: I'm a Temple season ticket holder and I agree with u. Golden is good recruiter, bad coach. Dopey guy overall.12 minutes ago via Echofon[*]Big-city school willing to take questionable academic qualifiers can't help but win n MAC. Conf terrible last 2 yrs. Golden bad hire.about 2 hours ago via Echofon[*]@jphill9990 great hireabout 2 hours ago via Echofon in reply to jphill9990[*]RT @espn4d: You were told correctly. RT @nickjezierny@WhitlockJason Golden never beat a mac team with a winning record (or so I was told)about 2 hours ago via Echofon[*]Bad hire. RT @GregCappel: what'd you think of butch jones at CMU? hoping for better than we got this year at Cincy.about 2 hours ago via Echofon[*]I watch the MAC. Most of you don't. I told u Gill was a bad fit for Auburn and I'm telling u Golden will b fired at Miami n 4 years.about 2 hours ago via Echofon[*]Arguments for Golden sound the exact same as argument for Turner Gill. Golden and Gill both got lucky, horrible game-day coaches. Horrible.about 2 hours ago via Echofon[*]I watch MAC football. Golden terrible. I've watched. RT @mmudrick: may i ask how you've come to that conclusion?about 2 hours ago via Echofon[*]Let's say this: distance between Golden and Gruden farther than ol to ru. My God, Miami should b embarrassed. Golden is terrible.about 3 hours ago via Echofon

Hearing both Mullen and Chris Peterson actually did interview with Hocutt in NYC. Mullen apparently did horrible in his interview and we said no thanks. Peterson had a very good interview though.

did terrible in a interview but mississippi state is getting better by the year.....some times i wonder about miami's administration

No way did Peterson interview for that job. He loves Boise too much (he's like a king there), he would only leave for a west coast school, he's a scientologist, he's too much of a quirk, etc. , etc.

Back
Top Bottom