Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

He definitely did. Source is $.

There's a ceiling at Boise State. F around and lose 1 game by a FG and you go from BCS bowl to chips and dip bowl.

Of course he loves it at Boise. But Boise doesn't can't pay like other schools and doesn't have the same resources or winning ability.

Chris Peterson is not staying there forever. He'll definitely move on to a bigger school sooner or later.

Gonna be a good week for the Noles
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by zs05wc

Rodderick Ryles from Dr. Phillips has opened up his recruitiment. Would like to see Michigan jump in on him but I'm not sure our recruiting is gonna be effective until Brandon stops sand bagging RRod.

He didnt open up his recruitment, he had his offer pulled and was told to look elsewhere

"I still got options, but Michigan isn't one," he said. "But I am wide open and Arkansas is off the list."

yup, grades and we're making room

edit - lost Wiley because of a needed extra math class
grin.gif

Jewell Hampton is transferring from Iowa...there are rumblings that there might be some fallout from the DJK incident. I'll be interested to see if there are any suspensions for their bowl game.

Originally Posted by dreClark

No way did Peterson interview for that job. He loves Boise too much (he's like a king there), he would only leave for a west coast school, he's a scientologist, he's too much of a quirk, etc. , etc.

This was sarcasm directed at me....I'm not saying Petersen will never leave I never have. I simply stated earlier that he would not leave this year and especially not for Florida. Every year all I hear is AQ schools thinking they will get him simply by granting him an interview. People think he is a fool for turning down school after school but he does and we keep winning, and AQ schools keep making hiring decisions that sometimes dont pan out.

There will come a point where Chris Peterson will actually want to play a team with a chance at the National Title.  Patterson will be hard to pry, since I'm sure TCU believes they will run the Big East.

Chris Peterson can only play for a shot at a BCS Bowl.  Even this season with so many traditional powers down, Boise State and TCU had to pray for Auburn and Oregon to lose and that didn't happen.  Then losing to Nevada, 1 loss, completely eliminated them and pushed them to a non-BCS bowl.

Utah was in that boat at one time, they are joining a BCS Conference.
TCU is in that boat, but they found their life boat by joining the Big East.
Hawaii was in that boat, but they've been down since June Jones left.
Boise State will forever be in that boat, since I doubt they will ever be invited to join a BCS Conference*.

*Unless they arrange some type of "football only" agreement.

What the hell is an Al Golden? You fire a coach then hire one with the same damn record but in an inferior conference? Did they even try to go after Kirby Smart? What happened to Leach begging for the job?  Why fire Shannon if all you're looking for is an average coach. We had average for a while now.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by cartune

What the hell is an Al Golden? You fire a coach then hire one with the same damn record but in an inferior conference? Did they even try to go after Kirby Smart? What happened to Leach begging for the job?  Why fire Shannon if all you're looking for is an average coach. We had average for a while now.
30t6p3b.gif

So much wrong here.

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

This was sarcasm directed at me....
Yeah, how the hell did Fear The Ibis miss that
laugh.gif

I'm not saying Petersen will never leave I never have. I simply stated earlier that he would not leave this year and especially not for Florida. Every year all I hear is AQ schools thinking they will get him simply by granting him an interview. People think he is a fool for turning down school after school but he does and we keep winning, and AQ schools keep making hiring decisions that sometimes dont pan out.

Yeah, maybe in like '05 you'd have a point, but now people from AQ school don't really have such cockiness about the fact that they will land Petersen if they simply grant him an interview. I don't think anybody really believes that anymore.
Fear The Ibis wrote:
He definitely did. Source is $.

There's a ceiling at Boise State. F around and lose 1 game by a FG and you go from BCS bowl to chips and dip bowl.

Of course he loves it at Boise. But Boise doesn't can't pay like other schools and doesn't have the same resources or winning ability.

Chris Peterson is not staying there forever. He'll definitely move on to a bigger school sooner or later.
Sarcasm brah

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Any recent news on Curtis Grant's decision yet?
Rivals had an article on the UNC site about a week ago that said his top three in no order are, Florida, UNC, and Ohio State followed closely by Virginia and Georgia. Some people connected in Virgina on Inside Carolina seem to think it will come down to UVA and UNC on signing day. I personally never thought we were in it with him, but we'll see. We will know more when he starts taking his official visits.

If Petersen isn't leaving for UCLA, Michigan, Florida, the U etc. I dont know what will make him leave or want to. I could see him taking a job at Oregon as its his old school but Chip is not leaving. I could also see him retiring and doing whatever weird stuff he does.

He might not be such a great fit for some of these programs because of the players he recruits and the fact that he will not allow recruits or players to get away with some of the stuff current schools do. Nor will he take to boosters meddling in his program.

Just my .02 as I seem to be the only one on here with ties to Boise.

UF EE's
Qb) Trey Burton:
Wr) Robert Clark
Wr) Solomon Patton
Te) Gerald Christian
Ol) Ian Silberman
DT) Leon Orr
Lb/De) Neiron Ball
Cb) Josh Shaw
Cb) Jaylen Watkins
S) Matt Elam
S) Jordan Haden

I know he hasn't even played a down yet, but Chris Martin has no intention on transferring. Kid is going to be a stud.

Back
Top Bottom