Google Glass Thread UI Revealed

I need this.

I'll wait for the 2nd wave or so or more manufacturers developing this to drive the price down, but I'm sure Google will have price them somewhat reasonably i.e; nexus 4

If the price really is 1500, that's not too bad for to be the first to use these. To be frank, they would probably be around 5000 had someone else manufactured these.

Last edited:
If money is up to par when they come out, put me down for a frame.
The explorer edition is $1500, hopefully the consumer one is slightly less like a $1,000 or less.

Where do I put in the paten for a social media site that lets me "tag" locations with notes, reviews, ect?

:wow:

That Google translate app is going to be the best thing to happen to the penis since the vagina!!!

Real-life Hud boy...imagine what other commands can show up in the future "Show weak-spots" or "expose vitals"
And yeah i hope they integrate it somehow for people who are visually impaired 8)

Wouldn't this mess up your eyes?  Being that the light is so close, I would imagine it would have the same effects of sitting in front of a tv screen.  Also, it seems like you would have to look at the corner of your eye to see it or use your peripherals...

Google aims to sell Glass to consumers this year for less than $1,500

View media item 282402
Does Google's latest promotional video for Glass have you longing for a pair of the augmented reality glasses? Well, we finally have official word from Google that it is aiming to release a "fully-polished" version of the wearable headset to consumers by the end of this year. The company has also informed us that Google Glass will cost "less than $1,500" when it goes on sale.

Last June, the first pre-orders for the "Explorer" edition of the headset were made available to developers at Google I/O for $1,500, and they were set for delivery some time in the early part of this year. Earlier this week, Google opened up pre-orders for the Explorer headset to "creative individuals" for the same price, but that program is selective and requires a brief application. Today is the first time that Google has provided specific information on Glass' release to the public, but there have been hints that it'd be available in 2013. Last May, Sergey Brin said "I have some hopes to maybe get it out sometime next year."

Our very own Joshua Topolsky has just returned from using Glass at Google's New York headquarters, so be sure to read our full article for more information on the headset.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/22/4...anned-to-ship-in-2013-and-cost-less-than-1500

Last edited:
Damn on the real I want one. Google can definitely take on apple if the innovate and pump out amazing products and take chances like this. Damn could u imagine it taking a X-ray and seeing which female is wearing panties and which one is going commando.

I just sent my application in to be apart of the pilot group and the fine print sucks 
laugh.gif

$1500 and you have to pay for your own travel expenses to pick it up. 

Unless you live close this could be kinda expensive.

I just sent my application in to be apart of the pilot group and the fine print sucks 
laugh.gif

Anything else crazy In The fine print?

laugh.gif

Anything else crazy In The fine print?

^^ I didn't see anything else. Unless you're being sarcastic lol. I guess I failed to mention that they will only be able to be picked up in NY, San Fran or LA.

Reading that back without that info I do sound like an idiot 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom