Gorilla shot after 4yr old falls in enclosure VOL.....RIP HARAMBE

Unfortunately, but fortunately The world is large my friend, you have an american passport you can leave anytime.
Why should I leave when my ancestors helped build this country?? I'm not allowed to criticize the hypocracy in this nation?

Last edited:
This is heartbreaking but there was nothing else that could have been done on the zoos part. I hate seeing all the media write ups about how the zoo could have handled this better. I guarantee people agreeing and signing those petitions don't have children and know absolutely nothing about zoo policy and procedures. Obviously they did not want to shoot the gorilla. OBVIOUSLY. If that had been a man holding a child and there was a possibility he might harm or kill the child, the cop would shoot first.....and no one would say a word.

Unfortunately, but fortunately The world is large my friend, you have an american passport you can leave anytime.

Are you black? it would be weird seeing a black person telling another to leave the country if they don't like it.

I'll continuously bring race into the discussion, no matter how uncomfortable it makes folk feel, because the only reason why the mother is being ripped is because she's black. She made a mistake, no one is perfect. Black people aren't afforded the opportunity to make mistakes, which is why most prisons and jails in the US are disportionately filled with blacks. People ready to lock her up for making a mistake. Typical...
going kind of hard but again nobody said anything about the mom who literally dropped her son in the wild dog exhibit then had the nerve to turn around and sue the zoo and got a settlement.

Are you black? it would be weird seeing a black person telling another to leave the country if they don't like it.

Im Nigerian. America and its race relations arent changing anytime soon. Maybe living in another country can help some young brothers.

Last edited:
I'm not a selective animal rights person. I'm against harming animals period. Let's stop allowing people to hunt animals for sport. Leave goldfish alone and let them live in their natural environment.

Goldfish are domesticated my dude. Like dogs and cats. I was with you kinda up to that :lol:

People in this thread were blaming the parents before we knew the race of the people involved

I wouldn't have known they were black if it wasn't for NT, I didn't even watch the whole video :lol:

Last edited:
Goldfish are domesticated my dude. Like dogs and cats. I was with you kinda up to that :lol:
There's actually research on the harms associated with the goldfish trade. So your home is the natural environment of a dog? Dogs are social creatures one can argue that leaving your dog in a kennel or confinded to your back yard alone isn't humane.

I'll continuously bring race into the discussion, no matter how uncomfortable it makes folk feel, because the only reason why the mother is being ripped is because she's black. She made a mistake, no one is perfect. Black people aren't afforded the opportunity to make mistakes, which is why most prisons and jails in the US are disportionately filled with blacks. People ready to lock her up for making a mistake. Typical...

It makes me uncomfortable for you, acting like you're bringing awareness on racism in this thread. That you and some other hardheaded people still think this is a race issue in this thread. Even after the story of how people thought the kid was white. Even after the story of a white woman with the same name being harassed online.

People in this thread were blaming the parents before we knew the race of the people involved
View media item 2052468

Amazing how we can ignore facts once we get emotional

Last edited:
No but Marcus Garvey did. If you're tired of the situation you're in either fix or build I somewhere e else.
I'm not a black nationalist though.... I wouldn't want to go anywhere else, that doesn't mean I can't criticize injustice. You wouldn't know though since your not a Black-American, you don't have grandparents that witnessed lynchings, had loved ones lynched, witnessed cross burnings and couldn't vote until their late 30s here in the US. This ish isn't made up and granny and grandpa are still breathing. Granny has seen the cruelty of this nation but she hasn left, although she criticizes injustice in society.

We don't have the boko haram who kidnap and kill children like Nigeria so we don't have to leave...

Last edited:
You're right I am not Black american and you're not African. You dont know how horrid the conditions are in Africa due to colonialism, apartheid, and white supremacy. Kids there are starving literally starving and dying. Kids dont have enough for clothes, shoes, even drinking water. They have to go to a well and get their water. By the time they get home its already scorching hot due to the heat. Many countries will be in depth until the end of time due to what they owe in interest to the countries that "helped" colonize them. We are on two different sides of the coin but we BOTH are getting flipped by white supremacy.

White supremacy is a bajillion - 0 check the scoreboard. This system is so intricate, so deep rooted that In my opinion it would be best for people of color to build their own system. Yes we have tried many times and were bombed, fires burned down cities, people lynched and killed for fighting for our own system.

All im saying is there can be possibilities that extend beyond America and some African Americans can take advantage of that.

We don't have the boko haram who kidnap and kill children like Nigeria so we don't have to leave...

We dont have 76 shootings in a weekend like chicago.We also dont have 840 thousand black men in prison. smh we can both throw mud at each other. Im trying to help find alternatives

Last edited:
It makes me uncomfortable for you, acting like you're bringing awareness on racism in this thread. That you and some other hardheaded people still think this is a race issue in this thread. Even after the story of how people thought the kid was white. Even after the story of a white woman with the same name being harassed online.
View media item 2052468

Amazing how we can ignore facts once we get emotional
I waited until all the facts were gathered before I had an opinion on this, so you can't associate me with the opinions of others. You're right a lot of people automatically assumed the mother was white, but from what I remember most folks weren't talking about bringing criminal charges against the parents until they found out the parents were black, that's when the fathers criminal record was mentioned, because in America black ex-offenders shouldnt be allowed to have kids or change their lives, without having their past used as a way to disparage them. This became a slander the parents of the young black kid fest.. We agree to disagree, that's something that most NTers can't do...

You're right I am not Black american and you're not African. You dont know how horrid the conditions are in Africa due to colonialism, apartheid, and white supremacy. Kids there are starving literally starving and dying. Kids dont have enough for clothes, shoes, even drinking water. They have to go to a well and get their water. By the time they get home its already scorching hot due to the heat. Many countries will be in depth until the end of time due to what they owe in interest to the countries that "helped" colonize them. We are on two different sides of the coin but we BOTH are getting flipped by white supremacy.

White supremacy is a bajillion - 0 check the scoreboard. This system is so intricate, so deep rooted that In my opinion it would be best for people of color to build their own system. Yes we have tried many times and were bombed, fires burned down cities, people lynched and killed for fighting for our own system.

All im saying is there can be possibilities that extend beyond America and some African Americans can take advantage of that.
Although I'm critical of the US, I don't want to live anywhere else. Like you mentioned, colonialism, racism and white supremacy Is a global issue. It's deeper than leaving the US...

A lot of zoo's actually do a lot of great work for animal conservation but that would involve a little reading beyond 140 characters
Can you provide us with examples? I'm interested in learning about them..

Last edited:
I waited until all the facts were gathered before I had an opinion on this, so you can't associate me with the opinions of others. You're right a lot of people automatically assumed the mother was white, but from what I remember most folks weren't talking about bringing criminal charges against the parents until they found out the parents were black, that's when the fathers criminal record was mentioned, because in America black ex-offenders shouldnt be allowed to have kids or change their lives, without having their past used as a way to disparage them. This became a slander the parents of the young black kid fest.. We agree to disagree, that's something that most NTers can't do...

You're associating FOX and other Fear programs media outlets with the members of this thread. Not the same.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom