Government Shutdown 2013-2014 My Civil Servant Brethern...what you think

Maybe I'm not following this situation closely enough, but what does the president need to negotiate?

Wasn't this a law that was passed and ruled constitutional? I don't understand this situation at all.

Yes it was passed and ruled Constitutional because of the penalty (tax) that Obama swore up and down wasn't a tax. The House already passed a budget and it delayed the ACAs implementation for a year and the Dems rejected it. This time it's the Dems fault.

So they signed a bill that theyre gonna pay us the backpay for the days where we're not getting paid

So like a free vacation because Congress can't get their act together?
last time i check da president was da one not negotiating...

Maybe I'm not following this situation closely enough, but what does the president need to negotiate?

Wasn't this a law that was passed and ruled constitutional? I don't understand this situation at all.

He's da leader...him not looking flexible for da delay

In da obamacare law is starting to affect him in da

Polls.

Polls.

This probably why he gave up control yesterday. Harry Reid is leading this debate for the Dems now. Great leadership Mr. President.

So they signed a bill that theyre gonna pay us the backpay for the days where we're not getting paid

Polls.
:smh: dumb logic, "oh let me compromise to up my stats in a irrelevant poll"

Polls.
Come on champ, be reasonable.  What is there for him to be "flexible" about??  We are a nation of laws, and with that being said ACA is the LAW of the land.  It's time for these whiny Republicans and Tea Party extremists to get over it.  They lost that fight when President Obama got re-elected.  Elections have consequences, and now is the time for the Republican party to suffer those consequences. 

You do realize some of these healthy people may qualify for Govt premium assistance depending on income level.

Here's the lowest tier insurance plan breakdown for a healthy 25 year old making $20,000 a year in LA County.
https://www.coveredca.com/shopandcompare
So pay $40/month to be covered or throw away money by just paying a penalty? I know you know a lot of families or people in your community that can GREATLY BENEFIT from this!

Yea but that's with a 40% copay none can afford

And to.people who says nobody want ACA,if that was so then Obama would not had been elected

Yaw voted the republicans in office now they are screwing you

Polls.

"Polls: Public places more blame for shutdown on GOP"

Thirty-eight percent of Americans said Republicans were to blame for the shutdown, versus 30 percent who blame the Obama administration and 19 percent who blame both, according to the Pew poll, which was conducted in the days since the shutdown came to pass. (For context, a Pew poll before the shutdown found that 39 percent would blame the GOP, 36 percent would blame Obama and 17 percent would blame both if the shutdown were to occur.)

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_new...ic-places-more-blame-for-shutdown-on-gop?lite

"Polls: GOP takes more blame for shutdown impasse"

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ent-shutdown-blame-republicans-polls/2938787/

"Republicans getting more blame for government shutdown, polls show"

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162...ore-blame-for-government-shutdown-polls-show/

"Poll: Republicans' Handling Of Shutdown Increasingly Unpopular"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/07/poll-republicans-shutdown_n_4059305.html

So....

Come on champ, be reasonable.  What is there for him to be "flexible" about??  We are a nation of laws, and with that being said ACA is the LAW of the land.  It's time for these whiny Republicans and Tea Party extremists to get over it.  They lost that fight when President Obama got re-elected.  Elections have consequences, and now is the time for the Republican party to suffer those consequences. 

Interesting.

View media item 607712

Interesting.

View media item 607712

That is such an idiotic cartoon it makes you look bad for posting it.

Obama wants CONGRESS to take action and change some federal gun laws. He is not trying to get rid of the 2nd amendment. And he hasn't held the country hostage in anyway because he isn't getting what he wants.

Interesting.
Just looking at the image you have of President Obama, I see you have him with big ears and big teeth.  Could this cartoon visual be a description of your personal feelings about President Obama champ??

Last edited:

Exactly, so what is the point of grandstanding? We get it republicans who have the biggest **** :rolleyes. Time to end this ********

Yep. Ninjahood's homie Romney is for it so this really doesn't seem to make sense.

I've heard other political officials from various states are doing the same ****. picking and choosing certain things from ACA/Obamacare and putting there own title on it.

They don't even know what they want. GOP is divided and hopefully it hurts them in 2014. I know I can't wait to vote against our tea tard Governor.

They don't even know what they want. GOP is divided and hopefully it hurts them in 2014. I know I can't wait to vote against our tea tard Governor.

Brah some districts are so gerrymandered that House and tons of Tea Part candidate are untouchable. GOP is gonna keep the House, they probably blew there shot at the Senate.

They can do alot of damage in a years time. Granted, voting them out in '14 will send them a message but it isn't the main issue right now. Like Makr Antony said, people can end up homeless by the end of the month. Not only that, think about all the local businesses who rely on the Gov't employees. It will develop a bad chain reaction.

It's costing the US $300 mill/day. What kind of position will we be in once this over? They are playing with peoples lives, putting us at risk to protect their bottom line. HOw do you go work {using that term loosely} knowing you are responsible for 800k people being out of work, and countless others who are indirectly affected by that as well. :smh:

Last edited:
Barry is throwing the GOP all the way under the bus right now :lol:......and I mean all the way under

Last edited:

Polls.

Umm obama chooses to ignore laws whenever he

Wants (marriage, immigration, weed, ICE enforcement)

At this point if obama doesnt give up da delay for 1

Year we going over da debt limit and then he's gonna

Have a serious problem on his hand.

Interesting.

View media item 607712

Just looking at the image you have of President Obama, I see you have him with big ears and big teeth.  Could this cartoon visual be a description of your personal feelings about President Obama champ??

Did you just totally deflect right now? :lol:

Answer da cartoon.

Back
Top Bottom