Government Shutdown 2013-2014 My Civil Servant Brethern...what you think

True indeed, and if 'obamacare' work out history would be extremely kind, despite the fact he's basically a Bush 2.0 in many ways.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.thebankruptcysite.org/re...erences-between-personal-corporate-bankruptcy

Bankruptcy is a common tool used by both individuals and businesses in order for them to get rid of debt that will likely continue to go unpaid, and to allow for a clean financial slate. However, personal bankruptcy and business bankruptcy are not the same things and have different rules and chapters.
Personal Bankruptcy – Chapter 7 and 13

Chapter 7 bankruptcy is for individuals who have no hope of repaying acquired debt. This chapter is for people who have little income and the end result is a bankruptcy discharge of qualifying debt.

Chapter 13 bankruptcy is for individuals who have income and could manage their debt if they had a payment plan. The purpose of this chapter is to help those who may have an improved financial condition as a result of bankruptcy or are struggling to pay debts but are not completely destitute.
Corporate/Business Bankruptcy – Chapter 7 and 11

Businesses may also file under Chapter 7, but the end result is the dissolution of the entity instead of reorganization.

Chapter 11 bankruptcy is for businesses, including corporations, to either reorganize or liquidate their assets in order to repay debt. Most of the time, a Chapter 11 filing results in a reorganization. Debtors get to propose their own plans at first, but after a certain amount of time has passed, creditors may also propose reorganization plans. The creditors have to vote to approve of whatever plan is selected.

Individuals can file under Chapter 11, but since this chapter is more complicated, most people opt for a Chapter 7 or 13 bankruptcy.
General Differences Between Business and Personal Bankruptcy

One of the big differences between personal and business bankruptcy is the means test. Individuals have to participate in one to determine if they are eligible for a Chapter 7 or a Chapter 13, while businesses do not have to prove this for a Chapter 11 filing.

Businesses can also cancel contracts with creditors if it would be financially favorable to both parties to do so, while individuals do not get that option for student loan debt or other types of debt exempt from bankruptcy.

ok what are the differences?

Look it up fam, check out how these execs walk away with millions after a bankruptcies. Then look up how the average person struggles after their bankruptcy. There's nothing 'the same' about it.

ok what are the differences?

Look it up fam, check out how these execs walk away with millions after a bankruptcies. Then look up how the average person struggles after their bankruptcy. There's nothing 'the same' about it.

those are golden parachutes. but the end results is the same, the corporation is done for. or do you want everyone from the top to bottom connected to its bankruptcy and its debts?

those are golden parachutes. but the end results is the same, the corporation is done for. or do you want everyone from the top to bottom connected to its bankruptcy and its debts?

Basically the last four sentences from that link you posted backs up my claim.

Basically the last four sentences from that link you posted backs up my claim.
dude are you serious right now? Both parties agreed to let go of the debt because it would be beneficial for them. An individual can do the same thing like in defaults. The student loan situation yoj gotta blame the politicians for that for allowing it to happen. Thejr reasoning behind that is because education stays with a person which I dont even agree with. But an individual can default on their student loans.

Last edited:
dude are you serious right now? Both parties agreed to let go of the debt because it would be beneficial for them. An individual can do the same thing like in defaults. The student loan situation yoj gotta blame the politicians for that for allowing it to happen. Thejr reasoning behind that is because education stays with a person which I dont even agree with. But an individual can default on their student loans.

You're talking in circles man, bottom line they aren't the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
So they signed a bill that theyre gonna pay us the backpay for the days where we're not getting paid

My younger brother told me they've stopped free and reduced lunch for students. Is this true?

So they signed a bill that theyre gonna pay us the backpay for the days where we're not getting paid

So like a free vacation because Congress can't get their act together?
last time i check da president was da one not negotiating...

Maybe I'm not following this situation closely enough, but what does the president need to negotiate?

Wasn't this a law that was passed and ruled constitutional? I don't understand this situation at all.

Maybe I'm not following this situation closely enough, but what does the president need to negotiate?

Wasn't this a law that was passed and ruled constitutional? I don't understand this situation at all.

No, you hit the nail pretty squarely on the head.

The Tea Party loonies decided to not pass the budget as a response to the law.

Government this Obama care that......... Real question is how much of our tax payer hard earn money has been spent on Area 51 and all it's hidden black projects since the late 40's that we don't know nothing about yet a again that's where our hard earn money goes.

Last edited:
Government this Obama care that......... Real question is how much of our tax payer hard earn money has been spent on Area 51 and all it's hidden black projects since the late 40's that we don't know nothing about yet a again that's where our hard earn money goes.

0]

So like a free vacation because Congress can't get their act together?
last time i check da president was da one not negotiating...

Yep. Ninjahood's homie Romney is for it so this really doesn't seem to make sense.

Back
Top Bottom