Government Shutdown 2013-2014 My Civil Servant Brethern...what you think

Joe Clark...
pimp.gif

To the politicians...don't **** around with it, do it expeditiously.

I'd be the FIRST to admit this president was a HUGE let down and a known liar. There's a bunch of stuff we should be angry with President Obama, but I really don't feel like this ACA is one of them.

It's law.
ehh, obama like to selectively enforce obamacare how he sees fit.

da delay of employers is something that wasn't law and yet he did it.

he should've delayed it for a year for individuals,there's NO reason not to.
The tea party never gave a reason why, just the "Business got one, why can't individuals".

They cause cause a 16 day shutdown, for that and at the end of it all.............

ummm you know they only kicked da can down da road till december & january right? its not over. :lol:

Not it's not unfortunately, but would be awesome to see if the GOPs strategy is to shutdown the government again so close to election time....

S&P: Shutdown Cost U.S. $24 Billion, 0.6% GDP In Projected Growth
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/s-p-shutdown-cost-u-s-24-billion-0-6-gdp-in-projected-growth

Government Shutdown Cost $24 Billion, Standard & Poor's Says
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/16/government-shutdown-cost_n_4110818.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

During the evolution of Republican demands the medical device tax came up time and again. It raises $30 billion over 10 years to help pay for Obamacare. The GOP just wasted a sum very close to that total amount. So, if you're scoring at home, the GOP cost us $24 billion trying to eliminate $30 billion in revenue...

Yikes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tune in to CNN right now if you want that real...stay away from FOX. 

That was so 2008...
laugh.gif

Last edited:
the funny part is, look where the patient is in the whole map. damn thing was supposed to be extremely complicated. why? inefficiencies create employment.

now imo, i feel like the ACA is helping the NSA and IRS with data mining. the site itself has some interesting personal stuff on their that makes me think they are linking all your info up.

That's what I was looking for initially. Damn joke. :smh: First thing I thought about was how much jobs this system will create.

Thanks for posting those vids up there. I love watching people flip and spit truth over how screwed up things really are.

jobs being "created" is gonna make politicians look good. but the people cant see that the costs of creating these jobs have to come from somewhere, thats when the person at the end of the supply chain (customer) gets screwed with price increases.

Anybody have links to articles that deal with solutions to the debt crisis?

history has shown that war is the solution to solve it. its about to go down :smokin

if that was true then the debt would have been solved twice in the last 10 years

its used as a reason like with WW2 and the great depression.

weimar germany had a debt problem and what happened? hyperinflation and war.

war is used as a great distraction to fiscal ailments that a country has cause the winners get the spoils :smokin

http://bloom.bg/165gL2S

Last edited:

history has shown that war is the solution to solve it. its about to go down :smokin

if that was true then the debt would have been solved twice in the last 10 years

war is used as a great distraction to fiscal ailments that a country has cause the winners get the spoils :smokin

Are you just talking or are you actually going to present plausible scenarios for the 21st century...

Last edited:

Are you just talking or are you actually going to present plausible scenarios for the 21st century...

plausible scenario? ok il give one to you.

there will be another stock market crash. mutual funds, retirement accounts, etc are all effected. government will protect us by getting us to invest in their bonds at a decent yield. they will market it in a way where it makes "sense" to throw all your money into it. during this time, they will prosecute and point the finger at wall st when it was the federal reserve that caused the bubble to be created in the first place.

they will then use the proceeds of said cash to pay off the debts or keep accumulating and playing the game for a little longer

throw in bail ins and haircuts on the rich and you golden.

btw hyperinflation happened to a few countries in the 21st century and one of them was because of too much DEBT

Last edited:

plausible scenario? ok il give one to you.

there will be another stock market crash. mutual funds, retirement accounts, etc are all effected. government will protect us by getting us to invest in their bonds at a decent yield. they will market it in a way where it makes "sense" to throw all your money into it. during this time, they will prosecute and point the finger at wall st when it was the federal reserve that caused the bubble to be created in the first place.

they will then use the proceeds of said cash to pay off the debts or keep accumulating and playing the game for a little longer

throw in bail ins and haircuts on the rich and you golden.

btw hyperinflation happened to a few countries in the 21st century and one of them was because of too much DEBT

that is the only possible solution?
is that even a solution or you just predicting what will happen because there is no solution?

Last edited:
Welcome back to work. Today being the first full day back for a lot of us.
Any insight/commentary on how it was handled now that its over?

I was at my local liquor store which is run by a middle eastern dude and we kicked it for 10 minutes and in its simplest form he put it pretty well...he said basically the rest of the world is laughing at us....the government got shut down....people still got paid for missing work....and nothing really got accomplished when it was all said and done.

I guess its nice that the precedent wasn't set that if you just hold out and shut everything down that you can get your way...so that is a small win...but feel free to correct me or add but what was really accomplished by this. I know the funding that got passed was cut more then the democrats wanted and not as much as the republicans wanted. Even though it was closer to republican #'s. And the debt ceiling got raised...but that wasn't really the reason the gov't got shut down in the first place.

Either way....welcome back...and what did you do all shutdown (i cleaned...did house maintenance...a lot...and played video games...oh and made some pretty good chili and meatloaf)

feel free to correct me or add but what was really accomplished by this
In the grand scheme of things............absolutely nothing.  However, if you ask any dedicated/irrational Republican they will tell you that they fought a good fight.  Not really sure what that means when you still lose and gain nothing. 

Welcome back to work. Today being the first full day back for a lot of us.
Any insight/commentary on how it was handled now that its over?

I was at my local liquor store which is run by a middle eastern dude and we kicked it for 10 minutes and in its simplest form he put it pretty well...he said basically the rest of the world is laughing at us....the government got shut down....people still got paid for missing work....and nothing really got accomplished when it was all said and done.

I guess its nice that the precedent wasn't set that if you just hold out and shut everything down that you can get your way...so that is a small win...but feel free to correct me or add but what was really accomplished by this. I know the funding that got passed was cut more then the democrats wanted and not as much as the republicans wanted. Even though it was closer to republican #'s. And the debt ceiling got raised...but that wasn't really the reason the gov't got shut down in the first place.

Either way....welcome back...and what did you do all shutdown (i cleaned...did house maintenance...a lot...and played video games...oh and made some pretty good chili and meatloaf)

Welcome back!!!!! I work for the state of MD so we weren't affected, but we have had our fair share of furloughs the past few years. At any point during this two week vaca, were you worried at all about your future employment with the FEDS? How did your fellow coworkers handle this?

I do agree that this makes us look bad in the eyes of the world. It was basically a bunch of 12 year olds trying to see who has the bigger **** :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom