Government Shutdown 2013-2014 My Civil Servant Brethern...what you think

Ahh I love you guys. I made this point in a previous thread. You guys if you don't agree with a point you'll pick one sentence and make an abstract argument based on it in order to ignore the validity of the argument.

No one was comparing ACA to slavery I was simply saying that even though something becomes law does not mean fighting it should cease. A point you seem to disagree with based on your post.

as soon as the dude said "we are broke" i stopped listening.. He is spewing rhetoric to those who are not economically informed. The problem with the debt crisis has nothing to do with the US being "broke", only those who know nothing about the situation would use that term.

............ we are broke thats why we are in DEBT. we defaulted in 71 because we WERE and still BROKE

1. we are in debt because we are not collecting enough taxes/cutting enough spending.

2. we are not in debt because our GDP is too low to cover our costs.

Being broke would be the latter.

as soon as the dude said "we are broke" i stopped listening.. He is spewing rhetoric to those who are not economically informed. The problem with the debt crisis has nothing to do with the US being "broke", only those who know nothing about the situation would use that term.

............ we are broke thats why we are in DEBT. we defaulted in 71 because we WERE and still BROKE

1. we are in debt because we are not collecting enough taxes/cutting enough spending.

no one wants austerity so we will be swimming in debt for a long long time or until we get into weimar mode.

GDP is a flawed measurement just like CPI and everything the BLS comes up with. we just recently had an increase in GDP because we factored something new in it....

The tea party sparked the battle and from the jump and the Dems also refused to compromise. Place blame equally. 
There was NOTHING for the Dems or President Obama for that matter to compromise on. That debate took place during the 2012 presidential election and the Republicans and more importantly the Tea Party lost that battle.  As President Obama said, it's the equivalent of someone selling their house and the buyer saying if you don't sell me your house for the price that I want it at, the buyer says that he will burn the owner's house down.  That's not compromise, that's essentially a hostile takeover.  That's not the way to do things, and unfortunately for you and the Republican party, you all had to find out the hard way that doing things that way just simply doesn't/won't work.  It's time for you and the Republican party to go back to the drawing board and start from scratch, just like Martin in the episode at the DMV.  

the funny part is, look where the patient is in the whole map. damn thing was supposed to be extremely complicated. why? inefficiencies create employment.

now imo, i feel like the ACA is helping the NSA and IRS with data mining. the site itself has some interesting personal stuff on their that makes me think they are linking all your info up.

no one wants austerity so we will be swimming in debt for a long long time or until we get into weimar mode.

GDP is a flawed measurement just like CPI and everything the BLS comes up with. we just recently had an increase in GDP because we factored something new in it....

we had an increase in GDP because the recession eased up a bit....
regardless, the term you are using is not applicable for this situation.. it's rhetoric used to pull at emotions rather than inform.. you and I know this.

I want to know what you think the longterm solution for the deficit is? I'm not sure what your political stance is.

There was NOTHING for the Dems or President Obama for that matter to compromise on. That debate took place during the 2012 presidential election and the Republicans and more importantly the Tea Party lost that battle.  As President Obama said, it's the equivalent of someone selling their house and the buyer saying if you don't sell me your house for the price that I want it at, the buyer says that he will burn the owner's house down.  That's not compromise, that's essentially a hostile takeover.  That's not the way to do things, and unfortunately for you and the Republican party, you all had to find out the hard way that doing things that way just simply doesn't/won't work.  It's time for you and the Republican party to go back to the drawing board and start from scratch, just like Martin in the episode at the DMV.  

Yes they could have agreed to delaying ACA implementation for a year. Especially since they delayed it for businesses and various special interests.

I haven't been following this like I was in the beginning, but after all of this, they still couldn't delay the implementation for regular joes like us?
laugh.gif
Your politicians people. When you can't grease Pelosi and Obama's pockets like the unions, big business and other special interest groups you get left to fend for yourself. If the Obamacare website failure, which cost us $600 million and was the only company reviewed by the government
nerd.gif
, is a sign of how Obamacare is going to turn out, we're in for a hell of a ride.

we had an increase in GDP because the recession eased up a bit....
regardless, the term you are using is not applicable for this situation.. it's rhetoric used to pull at emotions rather than inform.. you and I know this.

I want to know what you think the longterm solution for the deficit is? I'm not sure what your political stance is.

its too late to solve it. austerity will be political suicide to the politician that even thinks of imposing it on the masses. only thing i see that can buy us more time is to raise certain limits like the retirement age or inflate (hyperinflate) it away.

even if we tax everyone at 100%, it still wouldnt even good enough and this is too extreme (obviously)

I'd be the FIRST to admit this president was a HUGE let down and a known liar. There's a bunch of stuff we should be angry with President Obama, but I really don't feel like this ACA is one of them.

It's law.
ehh, obama like to selectively enforce obamacare how he sees fit.

da delay of employers is something that wasn't law and yet he did it.

he should've delayed it for a year for individuals,there's NO reason not to.

Yes they could have agreed to delaying ACA implementation for a year. Especially since they delayed it for businesses and various special interests.

How many times does this talking point need to be put in context before the right stops screaming it?

Let's play your, and the Tea Partiers game:

Obama agrees to delay the full implementation of the ACA until 2015 leaving the government open and raising the debt ceiling. Then what? The R's win the Senate and allow for the ACA to be implemented in 2015? Amend it slightly but still allow Obama to have his signature domestic policy implemented?

How stupid are the Dems, Obama, and the American people supposed to be to allow a small minority of the opposition party to block a constitutional law that withstood a presidential election under the guise of simply delaying it a year?

Obama actually showed great leadership during this ridiculous saga. He stood his ground, and showed the Republicans that he won't allow a small part of an opposition party dictate policy that has already passed, and survived a midterm and presidential election. The law was signed more than 3 years ago, rather than have fruitful debate over how to make the law better, the Republicans brought bill after bill to the floor of the house that sought to completely block the ACA.

THEY didn't have to agree to do anything, hence why they didn't agree to do anything the Republicans/Tea Party wanted them to do.  Similar to what Principal Joe Clark said in the movie Lean On Me........"I don't have to do nothing but stay black and die"  Now if you remember that champ, I promise you your days here on Earth will be longer than what they would have been prior.   

ehh, obama like to selectively enforce obamacare how he sees fit.

da delay of employers is something that wasn't law and yet he did it.

he should've delayed it for a year for individuals,there's NO reason not to.

I still haven't heard the reason why individuals should be delayed for the year. Employers already offer insurance, their finances are much different than the average joe. Unions already offer benefits too.

the funny part is, look where the patient is in the whole map. damn thing was supposed to be extremely complicated. why? inefficiencies create employment.

now imo, i feel like the ACA is helping the NSA and IRS with data mining. the site itself has some interesting personal stuff on their that makes me think they are linking all your info up.

That's what I was looking for initially. Damn joke. :smh: First thing I thought about was how much jobs this system will create.

Thanks for posting those vids up there. I love watching people flip and spit truth over how screwed up things really are.

Obama actually showed great leadership during this ridiculous saga. He stood his ground, and showed the Republicans that he won't allow a small part of an opposition party dictate policy that has already passed, and survived a midterm and presidential election. The law was signed more than 3 years ago, rather than have fruitful debate over how to make the law better, the Republicans brought bill after bill to the floor of the house that sought to completely block the ACA.

I swore Obama was going to cave and compromise like he did in his first term. I'm glad he didn't because it would've be disastrous going forward.

How many times does this talking point need to be put in context before the right stops screaming it?

Let's play your, and the Tea Partiers game:

Obama agrees to delay the full implementation of the ACA until 2015 leaving the government open and raising the debt ceiling. Then what? The R's win the Senate and allow for the ACA to be implemented in 2015? Amend it slightly but still allow Obama to have his signature domestic policy implemented?

How stupid are the Dems, Obama, and the American people supposed to be to allow a small minority of the opposition party to block a constitutional law that withstood a presidential election under the guise of simply delaying it a year?

I don't argue hypotheticals. He delayed implementation for businesses and various special interests. He could have done the same for average citizens without political muscle. It would have stop the shut down and people like my mother would have been able to work. He placed politics above the people.

THEY didn't have to agree to do anything, hence why they didn't agree to do anything the Republicans/Tea Party wanted them to do.  Similar to what Principal Joe Clark said in the movie Lean On Me........"I don't have to do nothing but stay black and die"  Now if you remember that champ, I promise you your days here on Earth will be longer than what they would have been prior.   
Unfortunately for Obama he has to do a bit more than be black and die. He has to lead the greatest country on Earth. Leadership is based on the ability to compromise. A fact Obama campaigned on. He is a failure as a President.

But anywho, it was a pleasure debating with you gentlemen. At this point I must bid you all adieu.

Last edited:

I swore Obama was going to cave and compromise like he did in his first term. I'm glad he didn't because it would've be disastrous going forward.
ummm you know they only kicked da can down da road till december & january right? its not over.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom