Gran Turismo 5 | OT | v2.03 + DLC is LIVE | Is Your Engine Ready?!

Originally Posted by derrty6232

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Go-Kart racing is pretty fun. Did anyone do the Vitz race in the Beginner section? If so, what did you mod on your Vitz to actually be quicker. It's annoying.

I dropped like $15K on a vitz just to win that race.
laugh.gif
I probably did the same too. Piece of crap car. 
laugh.gif
 I sold that car right after I won the races. 

The Top Gear Lotus Challenge is irritating me right now.  I'm stuck on this crap.
mad.gif

Originally Posted by derrty6232

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Go-Kart racing is pretty fun. Did anyone do the Vitz race in the Beginner section? If so, what did you mod on your Vitz to actually be quicker. It's annoying.

I dropped like $15K on a vitz just to win that race.
laugh.gif
I probably did the same too. Piece of crap car. 
laugh.gif
 I sold that car right after I won the races. 

The Top Gear Lotus Challenge is irritating me right now.  I'm stuck on this crap.
mad.gif

I'm really liking the game so far. Turning off the handling nannies livens up the cars a whole lot. Drifting around in a spunky but gutless s2k is a handful..im looking forward to piloting more cars now. Honestly I can look past all the game's inconsistencies..they've put out a fun game to play and thats the most important objective. All I can say is its about time..this game took forever.

I'm really liking the game so far. Turning off the handling nannies livens up the cars a whole lot. Drifting around in a spunky but gutless s2k is a handful..im looking forward to piloting more cars now. Honestly I can look past all the game's inconsistencies..they've put out a fun game to play and thats the most important objective. All I can say is its about time..this game took forever.

Originally Posted by washanobotit

Exactly.. How do you have 1000 cars but miss Porsche (I know about the RUF)? Bentley(I know about the Speed 8 race car)? or even certain cars like a CTS-V or a 6-series? Way too many Miatas, Hondas, and sub-100hp hatchbacks for a racing game. I did notice there were a few trucks.. Would it have killed them to put a Cayenne Turbo or a Cherokee SRT8? They did add Lambo and Ferrari so i guess that's ok... took em 5 games to do it tho
eyes.gif

EA made a deal with Porsche and they can't license their cars to Sony, not Polyphony Digital's fault. And sorry but not many racing enthusiasts want to drive some #@%%@ SUV's.
laugh.gif

The purpose of the "Miatas" and "Hondas" is that some of these cars are perfect on a track or road course. Especially the Miata. It's not all about speed, but maybe I'm wasting my time.

Exactly.. How do you have 1000 cars but miss Porsche (I know about the RUF)? Bentley(I know about the Speed 8 race car)? or even certain cars like a CTS-V or a 6-series? Way too many Miatas, Hondas, and sub-100hp hatchbacks for a racing game. I did notice there were a few trucks.. Would it have killed them to put a Cayenne Turbo or a Cherokee SRT8? They did add Lambo and Ferrari so i guess that's ok... took em 5 games to do it tho
eyes.gif

EA made a deal with Porsche and they can't license their cars to Sony, not Polyphony Digital's fault. And sorry but not many racing enthusiasts want to drive some #@%%@ SUV's.
laugh.gif

The purpose of the "Miatas" and "Hondas" is that some of these cars are perfect on a track or road course. Especially the Miata. It's not all about speed, but maybe I'm wasting my time.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

eyes.gif

laugh.gif

I see both points. And with that said, the game didnt take long at all to grow on me. I actually like it a lot from just the first few races. It feels really authentic. Again, I just wish it would have been more complete.

eyes.gif

laugh.gif

I see both points. And with that said, the game didnt take long at all to grow on me. I actually like it a lot from just the first few races. It feels really authentic. Again, I just wish it would have been more complete.

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

heres some quick photos I took, theyre a lot bigger but photobucket shrinks them
These look great. Did you add that lip to the RX-7?

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

heres some quick photos I took, theyre a lot bigger but photobucket shrinks them

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Damn, didn't realize there was a giant GT5 thread... no wonder the other one was so quiet.

Haven't read through the 17 pages, but who's had success with the Top Gear VW Samba Bus challenge? Only made it to 2nd.
bigj505 ~ Kaz confirmed that the damage will increase as your LV increases.

yea i was just trying to figure out when i would see some damage.

added 98 supra and 97 r34 to the list of cars that cant get rims or body kits
eyes.gif

got a Lancer EVO X and could finally put a kit on it (looked wack tho) and the rim selection was very limited but at least it could get car damage.

im having a hard time finding events to race in since either my level (10) isnt high enuff or i dont have a specialty car for the even and im not seeing which new races open up for me for having my B and A licenses either.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Damn, didn't realize there was a giant GT5 thread... no wonder the other one was so quiet.

Haven't read through the 17 pages, but who's had success with the Top Gear VW Samba Bus challenge? Only made it to 2nd.
bigj505 ~ Kaz confirmed that the damage will increase as your LV increases.

yea i was just trying to figure out when i would see some damage.

added 98 supra and 97 r34 to the list of cars that cant get rims or body kits
eyes.gif

got a Lancer EVO X and could finally put a kit on it (looked wack tho) and the rim selection was very limited but at least it could get car damage.

im having a hard time finding events to race in since either my level (10) isnt high enuff or i dont have a specialty car for the even and im not seeing which new races open up for me for having my B and A licenses either.

i think they made the licenses in this one easier b.c i was able to get all gold on my B and A licenses and that never happened in the other gt's. going to start IC next.

and it feels as if there aren't enough races in this one... im nearly finished with spec A and just started spec B.

the special events are fun, the nascar challenges took forever to get gold.

i think they made the licenses in this one easier b.c i was able to get all gold on my B and A licenses and that never happened in the other gt's. going to start IC next.

and it feels as if there aren't enough races in this one... im nearly finished with spec A and just started spec B.

the special events are fun, the nascar challenges took forever to get gold.

Mister916 wrote:
JoseBronx wrote:

yea thats the only aero option besides the wing

This game looks like its going to be epic, the silvia and the last FD pic look extremely realistic. The only thing I hate is that you can only use the paint you earn from a car purchase once
indifferent.gif

Already got 400k credit tho
pimp.gif

Mister916 wrote:
JoseBronx wrote:

yea thats the only aero option besides the wing

This game looks like its going to be epic, the silvia and the last FD pic look extremely realistic. The only thing I hate is that you can only use the paint you earn from a car purchase once
indifferent.gif

Already got 400k credit tho
pimp.gif

eyes.gif

laugh.gif

Im not saying they need to add a whole bunch of SUVs.. But if they going to attempt to put trucks in the game.. Why not the two "Race" worthy trucks?..
I do understand your point about the miatas.. but theres just way too many imo.. Nobody will need to own more than 1.. I guarantee there isnt much of a difference between most of them

On another note.. I love this game.. I just wish it had more options to customize your car. The wheel selection is a joke and you cant even adjust the size.
But GT never really was about that life

Back
Top Bottom