grape/laney pack expected in stock 16th July 2011

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

Originally Posted by trappedintime

The reason it seems pretty unlikely other than no leaks is that there are 3 other Vs dropping between May and August, 4 if you count the Quai 54s, all on top of the Bins. Seems unlikely that they're going to drop 7 different colorways of the V in 2011 with all the other retros that are still to come this year. What else is pretty much a sure thing for the rest of the year?
They did it in '01.

I'd have to go back and see a list of all the retros in '01, but given the number of IIIs and VIIs that have already dropped, as well as the XIs, I'm still skeptical that we'll see 7 CWs of the V in 2011. They can gladly prove me wrong though!

The reason it seems pretty unlikely other than no leaks is that there are 3 other Vs dropping between May and August, 4 if you count the Quai 54s, all on top of the Bins. Seems unlikely that they're going to drop 7 different colorways of the V in 2011 with all the other retros that are still to come this year. What else is pretty much a sure thing for the rest of the year?
They did it in '01.

I'd have to go back and see a list of all the retros in '01, but given the number of IIIs and VIIs that have already dropped, as well as the XIs, I'm still skeptical that we'll see 7 CWs of the V in 2011. They can gladly prove me wrong though!

definitely can..... there was 8 different colorways (including infrared pack) of vi's just last year.

They did it in '01.

definitely can..... there was 8 different colorways (including infrared pack) of vi's just last year.

They dropped like 7 or 8 GR IIS last year also. Annis, OG color, UNC Blue, Black/whites, and the 3 candy packs

They dropped like 7 or 8 GR IIS last year also. Annis, OG color, UNC Blue, Black/whites, and the 3 candy packs

As long as they ant patent im in on grape 5s
smile.gif

Originally Posted by rojanjon

Seems like this is becoming the year of the V; it would make sense that this pack would drop although all signs point to no. I wouldn't be surprised to see a last minute leak and a possible postponed release date. Wouldn't be the first. That recipe is a hype machine. The beasts would be crawling all over these and prices would skyrocket as a result.
30t6p3b.gif

Prices would skyrocket where? Everyone knows the secondary market for the grape/laney pack (if and when it drops) will be one of the most sought after in a long time. Don't fool yourself, hypebeasts are crawling all over anything Jordan releases. A last minute release isn't really going to change that one way or another.
I think the inflated prices of the Infrared pack we saw for some time is a great example of what I'm talking about.  They played fool with the release for a while, stalling, creating rumors, hype built and built.  There you have as you call the "secondary market" price hike.

Hypebeasts are not crawling all over everything that Jordan releases to the extent that we are discussing here.  For example, the Bordeauxs did not sell for $400+ at any point as the YOTR did.  So, obviously there will always be a different degree of "crawling" for the different releases.

If anticipation builds and the release is suspended or drawn out I see the "hype" hittin' some ridiculous levels.

To answer your question, which you basically answered yourself, the prices I'm referring to would obviously be outside of the major retail chains as it is their policy to sell at MSRP.

Seems like this is becoming the year of the V; it would make sense that this pack would drop although all signs point to no. I wouldn't be surprised to see a last minute leak and a possible postponed release date. Wouldn't be the first. That recipe is a hype machine. The beasts would be crawling all over these and prices would skyrocket as a result.
30t6p3b.gif

Prices would skyrocket where? Everyone knows the secondary market for the grape/laney pack (if and when it drops) will be one of the most sought after in a long time. Don't fool yourself, hypebeasts are crawling all over anything Jordan releases. A last minute release isn't really going to change that one way or another.
I think the inflated prices of the Infrared pack we saw for some time is a great example of what I'm talking about.  They played fool with the release for a while, stalling, creating rumors, hype built and built.  There you have as you call the "secondary market" price hike.

Hypebeasts are not crawling all over everything that Jordan releases to the extent that we are discussing here.  For example, the Bordeauxs did not sell for $400+ at any point as the YOTR did.  So, obviously there will always be a different degree of "crawling" for the different releases.

If anticipation builds and the release is suspended or drawn out I see the "hype" hittin' some ridiculous levels.

To answer your question, which you basically answered yourself, the prices I'm referring to would obviously be outside of the major retail chains as it is their policy to sell at MSRP.

i still think these have a small chance to come out, no source has confirmed that JB has scrapped the idea. also if they do release JB will wait til the last minute to tell us as part of their marketing tactics. And seeing how ppl jus ate those wolf greys up the demand would be so much higher than the supply which we would give them all the more reason to release them.

i still think these have a small chance to come out, no source has confirmed that JB has scrapped the idea. also if they do release JB will wait til the last minute to tell us as part of their marketing tactics. And seeing how ppl jus ate those wolf greys up the demand would be so much higher than the supply which we would give them all the more reason to release them.

My hand is starting to cramp because my fingers have been crossed for so long.

My hand is starting to cramp because my fingers have been crossed for so long.

30t6p3b.gif

I suppose you are right, but I think there are other factors at play, especially with hypebeasts. Kanye's obsession with the Infrared VIs has pushed them to the top of the hypebeast manifest, and I think that's part of the reason they remain so expensive on the secondary market. Then again it was an OG colorway that he won his first championship in, so perhaps I'm overanalyzing the factors at play.
The only area I disagree with you fully is your example of the Bordeaux vs YOTR VII. I don't think it's fair to compare a GR like the Bordeaux against the LE YOTR where there were only a few thousand pairs released. Hype for these limited releases will always trump those of a GR. Would a Grape/Laney pack actually be limited? Perhaps so, but it seems like this year JB is trying to maximize profits and satisfy custies with as many GRs as possible (and in pretty large quantities for a GR). I've been able to get every retro release with ease this year, and even the YOTR wasn't that hard. I think my store had 24 pairs and about 30 people who showed up to grab them.

I don't know if JB cares or not, but they obviously are aware of the demand that's been created in the mainstream the past couple years, and I think in general they've tried to make sure true collectors and loyal customers don't get screwed if possible.

30t6p3b.gif

I suppose you are right, but I think there are other factors at play, especially with hypebeasts. Kanye's obsession with the Infrared VIs has pushed them to the top of the hypebeast manifest, and I think that's part of the reason they remain so expensive on the secondary market. Then again it was an OG colorway that he won his first championship in, so perhaps I'm overanalyzing the factors at play.
The only area I disagree with you fully is your example of the Bordeaux vs YOTR VII. I don't think it's fair to compare a GR like the Bordeaux against the LE YOTR where there were only a few thousand pairs released. Hype for these limited releases will always trump those of a GR. Would a Grape/Laney pack actually be limited? Perhaps so, but it seems like this year JB is trying to maximize profits and satisfy custies with as many GRs as possible (and in pretty large quantities for a GR). I've been able to get every retro release with ease this year, and even the YOTR wasn't that hard. I think my store had 24 pairs and about 30 people who showed up to grab them.

I don't know if JB cares or not, but they obviously are aware of the demand that's been created in the mainstream the past couple years, and I think in general they've tried to make sure true collectors and loyal customers don't get screwed if possible.

Back
Top Bottom