Greg Oden is trash thread...vol 1 man hacking machine

Chill with all that "spend more time with KD" %$%*...%@++# I'm a grown *!@ man. You can hold my sack shorty....%#$@+* that hoop actually know ifa ++@%% is suspect or not...and this Oden ++@%% ain't got "it"...point blank period. Who said I was mad %@++#? I just got my $+$# sucked in themother #+*#@+% club by a bad white chick and I'm drove back to my luxury loft...FRIED...%@++# I love my life...%**! outta here slim.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You mad over Greg Oden . GREG ODEN my dude . The same Greg Oden that looks like he just got done watching the end of Titanic during every game .

GREG ODEN .
laugh.gif

This is funny , I'm going to sleep . Greg Oden .
roll.gif

You mentioning getting your +#@% licked and all this because you think I'm "defending" GREG ODEN .

roll.gif
roll.gif

I have never seen a "grown $%# man" get mad over something ANOTHER _ AIN'T doing .
laugh.gif

&nd the funny thing is , I don't even mess with Oden like that . Don't care for him at ALL .

Does anyone know Greg's Email?

Someone should link this thread to him one way or another.

Might light a fire inside of him or something...

He'll be thinking like " MAAAAAAaaannnn, I even got some crazy internet sneakerheads hoppin' on my case, I gotta get on my grind..."

PS.

I emailed a link to John Canzano a sports writer for the Oregonian,

Hopefully he'll send this to Greg.XD

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

yall too quick to judge the dude....

lets bring this topic up Dec. 27, 2009 and then we can discuss about if hes any good..

not 20 sum odd games into his career
&nd also stop comparing him to other rookies ... all of them haven't been in the same situation he is in .
Same way like most of ya'll was on the Yao is trash bandwagon after his 1st season.
So what if he's mentally fragile ? All rookies are .

Picture coming from nothing , dreaming to be a professional NBA player , and then all of a sudden you're there . Playing all the dudes you LOOKED up to .

You guys know that if you were damn near fresh out of highschool , the whole world watching you , you have to D up against Michael Jordan you would crack to .

You have to give rookies the time to get used to their environment . The whole different outlook , league , players injuries , spotlight , traveling . Damn , let the kid live . Is it hurting y'all THAT bad that he isn't living up to YOUR expectations of him ?

Listen...I don't give a %!$%. Dude was being gassed more than ANYONE coming into the league not named Lebron James in the past decade. When you get that type of pub...I expect to see to more than "project...let's give him some time" type of production.

All I hear is excuses from ya'll people. He's injured...it's 30 games into his season...blah blah blah...I don't care. If this guy is being tagged as one of the best centers in the game before his first game...I'd expect him to at least have a smidget of a post game...but he doesn't. Meanwhile...Dwight Howard is arguably the most dominant post player since Shaq...and ya'll idiots have NO PROBLEMS coming on here and posting 349080398450 times about how he has no post moves and how he's overrated...I don't understand that +#%$ at all. +#%$ just ain't far how people pick and choose who to give the "let's give him some type" treatment to. If this is anyone but Greg Oden ya'll would be ready to throw him under the bus...but because ESPN and whoever else has ya'll brainwashed that this ugly %+# @$!%% is the next Bill Russell...ya'll wanted to hop on his +@%+ and treat him like a !*%$**% baby and say "well give him time". I'm sorry...but that +#%$ is lame to me. I sit here and watch ya'll talk SO MUCH +#%$ everyday on here about players that actually get it on...but ya'll want to give Greg Oden a pass. For a #1 pick...why is he allowed to "progress" like Bynum, Biedreins, etc. did? As a #1 pick...aren't you expected to be the cornerstone of a franchise and be able to step in from day 1 and be the man? Or close to it? This dude hasn't showed me +#%$ that suggests he's any better than Joel Pryzbilla right now.

+#%$ is wack...and yes I'm fried, dried, and laid to the side and I just came from the club with my @$!%% KD. If you got a problem with what I said then %!$% you.

16 & 10 ain't bad at all...
Tell him to do it every %%$#%*@ night

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i got past the 1st sentence and figured this @+%@+ was drunk as hell

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Chill with all that "spend more time with KD" %$%*...%@++# I'm a grown *!@ man. You can hold my sack shorty....%#$@+* that hoop actually know if a ++@%% is suspect or not...and this Oden ++@%% ain't got "it"...point blank period. Who said I was mad %@++#? I just got my $+$# sucked in the mother #+*#@+% club by a bad white chick and I'm drove back to my luxury loft...FRIED...%@++# I love my life...%**! outta here slim.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Recent HOF Centers Rookie Stats

Admiral

[table][tr][th=""]Season ▴[/th] [th=""]Age[/th] [th=""]Tm[/th] [th=""]Lg[/th] [th=""]G[/th] [th=""]GS[/th] [th=""]MP[/th] [th=""]FG[/th] [th=""]FGA[/th] [th=""]FG%[/th] [th=""]3P[/th] [th=""]3PA[/th] [th=""]3P%[/th] [th=""]FT[/th] [th=""]FTA[/th] [th=""]FT%[/th] [th=""]ORB[/th] [th=""]DRB[/th] [th=""]TRB[/th] [th=""]AST[/th] [th=""]STL[/th] [th=""]BLK[/th] [th=""]TOV[/th] [th=""]PF[/th] [th=""]PTS[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1989-90[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]SAS[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]81[/td] [td]36.6[/td] [td]8.4[/td] [td]15.9[/td] [td].531[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td].000[/td] [td]7.5[/td] [td]10.2[/td] [td].732[/td] [td]3.7[/td] [td]8.3[/td] [td]12.0[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]1.7[/td] [td]3.9[/td] [td]3.1[/td] [td]3.2[/td] [td]24.3
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Shaq

[table][tr][th=""]Season[/th] [th=""]Age[/th] [th=""]Tm[/th] [th=""]Lg[/th] [th=""]G[/th] [th=""]GS[/th] [th=""]MP[/th] [th=""]FG[/th] [th=""]FGA[/th] [th=""]FG%[/th] [th=""]3P[/th] [th=""]3PA[/th] [th=""]3P%[/th] [th=""]FT[/th] [th=""]FTA[/th] [th=""]FT%[/th] [th=""]ORB[/th] [th=""]DRB[/th] [th=""]TRB[/th] [th=""]AST[/th] [th=""]STL[/th] [th=""]BLK[/th] [th=""]TOV[/th] [th=""]PF[/th] [th=""]PTS[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1992-93[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]ORL[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]81[/td] [td]81[/td] [td]37.9[/td] [td]9.0[/td] [td]16.1[/td] [td].562[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td].000[/td] [td]5.3[/td] [td]8.9[/td] [td].592[/td] [td]4.2[/td] [td]9.6[/td] [td]13.9[/td] [td]1.9[/td] [td]0.7[/td] [td]3.5[/td] [td]3.8[/td] [td]4.0[/td] [td]23.4[/td] [/tr][/table]
Hakeem

[table][tr][th=""]Season[/th] [th=""]Age[/th] [th=""]Tm[/th] [th=""]Lg[/th] [th=""]G[/th] [th=""]GS[/th] [th=""]MP[/th] [th=""]FG[/th] [th=""]FGA[/th] [th=""]FG%[/th] [th=""]3P[/th] [th=""]3PA[/th] [th=""]3P%[/th] [th=""]FT[/th] [th=""]FTA[/th] [th=""]FT%[/th] [th=""]ORB[/th] [th=""]DRB[/th] [th=""]TRB[/th] [th=""]AST[/th] [th=""]STL[/th] [th=""]BLK[/th] [th=""]TOV[/th] [th=""]PF[/th] [th=""]PTS[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1984-85[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]HOU[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]35.5[/td] [td]8.3[/td] [td]15.3[/td] [td].538[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]4.1[/td] [td]6.7[/td] [td].613[/td] [td]5.4[/td] [td]6.5[/td] [td]11.9[/td] [td]1.4[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]2.7[/td] [td]2.9[/td] [td]4.2[/td] [td]20.6[/td] [/tr][/table]
Tim Duncan

[table][tr][th=""]Season[/th] [th=""]Age[/th] [th=""]Tm[/th] [th=""]Lg[/th] [th=""]G[/th] [th=""]GS[/th] [th=""]MP[/th] [th=""]FG[/th] [th=""]FGA[/th] [th=""]FG%[/th] [th=""]3P[/th] [th=""]3PA[/th] [th=""]3P%[/th] [th=""]FT[/th] [th=""]FTA[/th] [th=""]FT%[/th] [th=""]ORB[/th] [th=""]DRB[/th] [th=""]TRB[/th] [th=""]AST[/th] [th=""]STL[/th] [th=""]BLK[/th] [th=""]TOV[/th] [th=""]PF[/th] [th=""]PTS[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1997-98[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]SAS[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]39.1[/td] [td]8.6[/td] [td]15.7[/td] [td].549[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.1[/td] [td].000[/td] [td]3.9[/td] [td]5.9[/td] [td].662[/td] [td]3.3[/td] [td]8.6[/td] [td]11.9[/td] [td]2.7[/td] [td]0.7[/td] [td]2.5[/td] [td]3.4[/td] [td]3.1[/td] [td]21.1[/td] [/tr][/table]
Comparable Player in Dikembe

[table][tr][th=""]Season[/th] [th=""]Age[/th] [th=""]Tm[/th] [th=""]Lg[/th] [th=""]G[/th] [th=""]GS[/th] [th=""]MP[/th] [th=""]FG[/th] [th=""]FGA[/th] [th=""]FG%[/th] [th=""]3P[/th] [th=""]3PA[/th] [th=""]3P%[/th] [th=""]FT[/th] [th=""]FTA[/th] [th=""]FT%[/th] [th=""]ORB[/th] [th=""]DRB[/th] [th=""]TRB[/th] [th=""]AST[/th] [th=""]STL[/th] [th=""]BLK[/th] [th=""]TOV[/th] [th=""]PF[/th] [th=""]PTS[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1991-92[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]DEN[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]71[/td] [td]71[/td] [td]38.3[/td] [td]6.0[/td] [td]12.2[/td] [td].493[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]4.5[/td] [td]7.0[/td] [td].642[/td] [td]4.5[/td] [td]7.8[/td] [td]12.3[/td] [td]2.2[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [td]3.5[/td] [td]3.8[/td] [td]16.6[/td] [/tr][/table]
Ewing

[table][tr][th=""]Season[/th] [th=""]Age[/th] [th=""]Tm[/th] [th=""]Lg[/th] [th=""]G[/th] [th=""]GS[/th] [th=""]MP[/th] [th=""]FG[/th] [th=""]FGA[/th] [th=""]FG%[/th] [th=""]3P[/th] [th=""]3PA[/th] [th=""]3P%[/th] [th=""]FT[/th] [th=""]FTA[/th] [th=""]FT%[/th] [th=""]ORB[/th] [th=""]DRB[/th] [th=""]TRB[/th] [th=""]AST[/th] [th=""]STL[/th] [th=""]BLK[/th] [th=""]TOV[/th] [th=""]PF[/th] [th=""]PTS[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1985-86[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]NYK[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]50[/td] [td]50[/td] [td]35.4[/td] [td]7.7[/td] [td]16.3[/td] [td].474[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.1[/td] [td].000[/td] [td]4.5[/td] [td]6.1[/td] [td].739[/td] [td]2.5[/td] [td]6.5[/td] [td]9.0[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]1.1[/td] [td]2.1[/td] [td]3.4[/td] [td]3.8[/td] [td]20.0[/td] [/tr][/table]
Bill Russell (for fun)

[table][tr][th=""]Season[/th] [th=""]Age[/th] [th=""]Tm[/th] [th=""]Lg[/th] [th=""]G[/th] [th=""]GS[/th] [th=""]MP[/th] [th=""]FG[/th] [th=""]FGA[/th] [th=""]FG%[/th] [th=""]3P[/th] [th=""]3PA[/th] [th=""]3P%[/th] [th=""]FT[/th] [th=""]FTA[/th] [th=""]FT%[/th] [th=""]ORB[/th] [th=""]DRB[/th] [th=""]TRB[/th] [th=""]AST[/th] [th=""]STL[/th] [th=""]BLK[/th] [th=""]TOV[/th] [th=""]PF[/th] [th=""]PTS[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1956-57[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]BOS[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]48[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]35.3[/td] [td]5.8[/td] [td]13.5[/td] [td].427[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]3.2[/td] [td]6.4[/td] [td].492[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]19.6[/td] [td]1.8[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [td]14.7[/td] [/tr][/table]
Sam Bowie
roll.gif

[table][tr][th=""]Season[/th] [th=""]Age[/th] [th=""]Tm[/th] [th=""]Lg[/th] [th=""]G[/th] [th=""]GS[/th] [th=""]MP[/th] [th=""]FG[/th] [th=""]FGA[/th] [th=""]FG%[/th] [th=""]3P[/th] [th=""]3PA[/th] [th=""]3P%[/th] [th=""]FT[/th] [th=""]FTA[/th] [th=""]FT%[/th] [th=""]ORB[/th] [th=""]DRB[/th] [th=""]TRB[/th] [th=""]AST[/th] [th=""]STL[/th] [th=""]BLK[/th] [th=""]TOV[/th] [th=""]PF[/th] [th=""]PTS[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1984-85[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]POR[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]76[/td] [td]62[/td] [td]29.2[/td] [td]3.9[/td] [td]7.3[/td] [td].537[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]2.1[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [td].711[/td] [td]2.7[/td] [td]5.9[/td] [td]8.6[/td] [td]2.8[/td] [td]0.7[/td] [td]2.7[/td] [td]2.3[/td] [td]3.7[/td] [td]10.0[/td] [/tr][/table]
Greg Oden

[table][tr][th=""]Season[/th] [th=""]Age[/th] [th=""]Tm[/th] [th=""]Lg[/th] [th=""]G[/th] [th=""]GS[/th] [th=""]MP[/th] [th=""]FG[/th] [th=""]FGA[/th] [th=""]FG%[/th] [th=""]3P[/th] [th=""]3PA[/th] [th=""]3P%[/th] [th=""]FT[/th] [th=""]FTA[/th] [th=""]FT%[/th] [th=""]ORB[/th] [th=""]DRB[/th] [th=""]TRB[/th] [th=""]AST[/th] [th=""]STL[/th] [th=""]BLK[/th] [th=""]TOV[/th] [th=""]PF[/th] [th=""]PTS[/th] [/tr][tr][td]2008-09[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]POR[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]22.4[/td] [td]2.8[/td] [td]5.4[/td] [td].530[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]2.2[/td] [td]3.4[/td] [td].651[/td] [td]2.7[/td] [td]4.6[/td] [td]7.3[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [td]0.3[/td] [td]1.3[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [td]3.8[/td] [td]7.9[/td] [/tr][/table]
Everyone was calling him Bowie 2.0, but son would be happy to be Sam Bowie 2.0 at this stage of his career
laugh.gif

Michael Olowokandi

[table][tr][th=""]Season[/th] [th=""]Age[/th] [th=""]Tm[/th] [th=""]Lg[/th] [th=""]G[/th] [th=""]GS[/th] [th=""]MP[/th] [th=""]FG[/th] [th=""]FGA[/th] [th=""]FG%[/th] [th=""]3P[/th] [th=""]3PA[/th] [th=""]3P%[/th] [th=""]FT[/th] [th=""]FTA[/th] [th=""]FT%[/th] [th=""]ORB[/th] [th=""]DRB[/th] [th=""]TRB[/th] [th=""]AST[/th] [th=""]STL[/th] [th=""]BLK[/th] [th=""]TOV[/th] [th=""]PF[/th] [th=""]PTS[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1998-99[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]LAC[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]45[/td] [td]36[/td] [td]28.4[/td] [td]3.8[/td] [td]8.9[/td] [td].431[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]1.3[/td] [td]2.6[/td] [td].483[/td] [td]2.7[/td] [td]5.3[/td] [td]7.9[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]1.9[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [td]8.9[/td] [/tr][/table]
I'm not saying he's the reincarnation of Olowokandi, but Oden seems to be extremely soft mentally. And that's what it looks like is holding himback. I wasn't expecting an amazing scorer out of college...but I was expecting HOF type numbers when it came to rebounds, blocks, and an intimidatingpresense (sp?) in the paint. Someone who would control the paint and make it be known that it's HIS. That's what I expected on defense.

From what I've seen watching him on the court, and his interviews off the court, and the fact that the blazers wanted to get his best buddy mike conleydespite being stacked at PG since poor gregory feels lonely and is breaking down mentally...he's SOFT.

I'm still rooting for him and the blazers to become the serious contenders that they should be in the near future.

look at the minutes though...combination of microfracture (being in shape) and foul trouble...one he plays the same minutes as those other guys we can compare

lol dude gettin tight writtin a essay about it...

who the hell made him king of sports...

anyway, theres always one of those dudes who think they kno weverything on every forum on the internet...

anyways, he needs to cut down on the fouls tho...

i think if he works out with a HOF center during the offseason, that could help him out

I never I said I knew everything about sports...so I'll kindly ask you to get off my +!!% right now and resume your regularly scheduled duties. Thanks forthe attention though...

^^^^^but u act like it....

tell u what, u post ur crap, ill post my crap...

ill post what i want without u sayin nuthin and ill do the same....

and dont get gassed, aint nobody on ur %$*#

I believe that Oden just needs a lot more time to develop. I'm sure his morale is down due to his injury last year, but he has been playing average. Givehim until next year and he'll be much improved.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Bench him; Oden's not ready to start[/h1]
Saturday, December 27, 2008
The Oregonian

P aul Allen's customized jet has a bedroom at the back. The bedroom is for Allen's personal use, and while the Trail Blazers utilize the 757 aircraft "Blazer One" for travel during the NBA season, Allen's room has been off limits to players.

All, except one.

Greg Oden used the bedroom last year so he could stretch his injured leg out on flights. And even this season, team insiders tell you the now-healthy Oden will sometimes disappear to the back of the plane, and close the door, and spend the flight by himself while his teammates socialize up front.

I bring this up today because the franchise has one set of standards, rules and expectations for the majority of players -- and apparently another for Oden. And this is how a team aiming to make the playoffs for the first time in five seasons ends up starting a player at center who hasn't earned it.

Oden's not a bust. This isn't saying the team should give up on him, but developing him doesn't mean he has to start.

I know Joel Przybilla deserves to start at center. You know he does. Your spouse knows. Your children know. Your dog knows. Even Oden knows.

The Blazers rookie center said Friday, "Whichever one of us is playing better should be starting. If Joel is playing better than me, he should be starting. And I think he is right now."

Look. You can talk about defensive issues. And offensive issues. But if we can't talk about the elephant standing in the Blazers locker room we're all in trouble. And that issue is the one revolving around the franchise's decision to baby its No. 1 pick, wrap him in protective bubble-wrap, pamper his psyche and hand him a starting position that should belong to Przybilla today.

Przybilla has been terrific this season. He has great instincts. He's shooting 77 percent from the floor. When Oden was in foul trouble (Dec. 23) against Denver, Przybilla had 19 rebounds. And best of all, he doesn't find himself out of position, or wandering around, as Oden does too often.

In his last four starts, Oden has 22 points and 20 fouls. He's averaged three rebounds. And the Blazers are 2-2 in those games.

Coach Nate McMillan says all the time that minutes are earned, not given away. He's made this his mantra the past two seasons. But when you ask McMillan why Oden starts he doesn't talk about merit or terrific practice play or starting the center that gives the Blazer the best chance to win every night.

Said McMillan: "Greg's the No. 1 pick and the future of the franchise. You let him get out there and play. That's where he needs to be."

Oden deserves 10-12 minutes a night, coming off the bench. Anything more is a gift. Which is why making him a starter is as absurd as giving him exclusive use of Allen's luxury-jet bedroom while some of the players whisper about privilege and wonder if the Blazers are raising a softie when they should be rearing a monster.

If Oden came off the bench, Przybilla would get the additional minutes he deserves. And despite McMillan claiming this is 100 percent his decision, and general manager Kevin Pritchard declaring, "I've never once gone into Nate and told him he has to play a certain player," the whole thing feels self-conscious and forced.

"It's Nate's job to play the guys who will help us win," Pritchard said.

Are the Blazers giving themselves the best chance to make the playoffs this season? Are they really putting the best possible product on the floor? Or is the aim here to save face with critics who think they took the wrong player No. 1 in the 2007 NBA Draft?

Because as long as Oden's starting and looking lost, the Blazers aren't giving themselves the best chance to win. And it feels like they're overly concerned with making sure Oden starts so they can justify the pick.

Give Oden a little credit. He's self-aware and saying what he believes when he says Przybilla is playing better and deserves to start. Also, he stayed a few minutes after practice Friday to work with assistant Maurice Lucas. By the way, in case the front office is worried about destroying his confidence, Oden said he could handle the demotion to bench player -- "No problem, as long as we win, I'm good."

Travis Outlaw comes off the bench. So does Rudy Fernandez. And Sergio Rodriguez. Those guys got beat out by the starters. Which makes this Oden-Przybilla soap opera feel more glaring and dramatic all the time.

I suppose being the No. 1 pick comes with perks. Oden's face is on the billboards. His name sold loads of tickets. And so Oden gets a wide berth around One Center Court.

We're told things have changed here. A lot has. But this makes you wonder what change needs to come.

Oden's the future, sure. But he just shouldn't be the present until he proves he deserves it.

John Canzano: 503-294-5065; [email protected] Read his blog at blog.oregonlive.com/ johncanzano Catch him on the radio on The Bald-Faced Truth, 3-6 p.m. weekdays on KXTG (95.5).

Previous 1 | 2

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/or...sports/1230420302261660.xml&coll=7&thispage=2http://www.oregonlive.com...amp;coll=7&thispage=2

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

Recent HOF Centers Rookie Stats

Admiral

[table][tr][th=""]Season ▴[/th] [th=""]Age[/th] [th=""]Tm[/th] [th=""]Lg[/th] [th=""]G[/th] [th=""]GS[/th] [th=""]MP[/th] [th=""]FG[/th] [th=""]FGA[/th] [th=""]FG%[/th] [th=""]3P[/th] [th=""]3PA[/th] [th=""]3P%[/th] [th=""]FT[/th] [th=""]FTA[/th] [th=""]FT%[/th] [th=""]ORB[/th] [th=""]DRB[/th] [th=""]TRB[/th] [th=""]AST[/th] [th=""]STL[/th] [th=""]BLK[/th] [th=""]TOV[/th] [th=""]PF[/th] [th=""]PTS[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1989-90[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]SAS[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]81[/td] [td]36.6[/td] [td]8.4[/td] [td]15.9[/td] [td].531[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td].000[/td] [td]7.5[/td] [td]10.2[/td] [td].732[/td] [td]3.7[/td] [td]8.3[/td] [td]12.0[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]1.7[/td] [td]3.9[/td] [td]3.1[/td] [td]3.2[/td] [td]24.3
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Shaq

[table][tr][th=""]Season[/th] [th=""]Age[/th] [th=""]Tm[/th] [th=""]Lg[/th] [th=""]G[/th] [th=""]GS[/th] [th=""]MP[/th] [th=""]FG[/th] [th=""]FGA[/th] [th=""]FG%[/th] [th=""]3P[/th] [th=""]3PA[/th] [th=""]3P%[/th] [th=""]FT[/th] [th=""]FTA[/th] [th=""]FT%[/th] [th=""]ORB[/th] [th=""]DRB[/th] [th=""]TRB[/th] [th=""]AST[/th] [th=""]STL[/th] [th=""]BLK[/th] [th=""]TOV[/th] [th=""]PF[/th] [th=""]PTS[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1992-93[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]ORL[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]81[/td] [td]81[/td] [td]37.9[/td] [td]9.0[/td] [td]16.1[/td] [td].562[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td].000[/td] [td]5.3[/td] [td]8.9[/td] [td].592[/td] [td]4.2[/td] [td]9.6[/td] [td]13.9[/td] [td]1.9[/td] [td]0.7[/td] [td]3.5[/td] [td]3.8[/td] [td]4.0[/td] [td]23.4[/td] [/tr][/table]
Hakeem

[table][tr][th=""]Season[/th] [th=""]Age[/th] [th=""]Tm[/th] [th=""]Lg[/th] [th=""]G[/th] [th=""]GS[/th] [th=""]MP[/th] [th=""]FG[/th] [th=""]FGA[/th] [th=""]FG%[/th] [th=""]3P[/th] [th=""]3PA[/th] [th=""]3P%[/th] [th=""]FT[/th] [th=""]FTA[/th] [th=""]FT%[/th] [th=""]ORB[/th] [th=""]DRB[/th] [th=""]TRB[/th] [th=""]AST[/th] [th=""]STL[/th] [th=""]BLK[/th] [th=""]TOV[/th] [th=""]PF[/th] [th=""]PTS[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1984-85[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]HOU[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]35.5[/td] [td]8.3[/td] [td]15.3[/td] [td].538[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]4.1[/td] [td]6.7[/td] [td].613[/td] [td]5.4[/td] [td]6.5[/td] [td]11.9[/td] [td]1.4[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]2.7[/td] [td]2.9[/td] [td]4.2[/td] [td]20.6[/td] [/tr][/table]
Tim Duncan

[table][tr][th=""]Season[/th] [th=""]Age[/th] [th=""]Tm[/th] [th=""]Lg[/th] [th=""]G[/th] [th=""]GS[/th] [th=""]MP[/th] [th=""]FG[/th] [th=""]FGA[/th] [th=""]FG%[/th] [th=""]3P[/th] [th=""]3PA[/th] [th=""]3P%[/th] [th=""]FT[/th] [th=""]FTA[/th] [th=""]FT%[/th] [th=""]ORB[/th] [th=""]DRB[/th] [th=""]TRB[/th] [th=""]AST[/th] [th=""]STL[/th] [th=""]BLK[/th] [th=""]TOV[/th] [th=""]PF[/th] [th=""]PTS[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1997-98[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]SAS[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]39.1[/td] [td]8.6[/td] [td]15.7[/td] [td].549[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.1[/td] [td].000[/td] [td]3.9[/td] [td]5.9[/td] [td].662[/td] [td]3.3[/td] [td]8.6[/td] [td]11.9[/td] [td]2.7[/td] [td]0.7[/td] [td]2.5[/td] [td]3.4[/td] [td]3.1[/td] [td]21.1[/td] [/tr][/table]
Comparable Player in Dikembe

[table][tr][th=""]Season[/th] [th=""]Age[/th] [th=""]Tm[/th] [th=""]Lg[/th] [th=""]G[/th] [th=""]GS[/th] [th=""]MP[/th] [th=""]FG[/th] [th=""]FGA[/th] [th=""]FG%[/th] [th=""]3P[/th] [th=""]3PA[/th] [th=""]3P%[/th] [th=""]FT[/th] [th=""]FTA[/th] [th=""]FT%[/th] [th=""]ORB[/th] [th=""]DRB[/th] [th=""]TRB[/th] [th=""]AST[/th] [th=""]STL[/th] [th=""]BLK[/th] [th=""]TOV[/th] [th=""]PF[/th] [th=""]PTS[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1991-92[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]DEN[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]71[/td] [td]71[/td] [td]38.3[/td] [td]6.0[/td] [td]12.2[/td] [td].493[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]4.5[/td] [td]7.0[/td] [td].642[/td] [td]4.5[/td] [td]7.8[/td] [td]12.3[/td] [td]2.2[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [td]3.5[/td] [td]3.8[/td] [td]16.6[/td] [/tr][/table]
Ewing

[table][tr][th=""]Season[/th] [th=""]Age[/th] [th=""]Tm[/th] [th=""]Lg[/th] [th=""]G[/th] [th=""]GS[/th] [th=""]MP[/th] [th=""]FG[/th] [th=""]FGA[/th] [th=""]FG%[/th] [th=""]3P[/th] [th=""]3PA[/th] [th=""]3P%[/th] [th=""]FT[/th] [th=""]FTA[/th] [th=""]FT%[/th] [th=""]ORB[/th] [th=""]DRB[/th] [th=""]TRB[/th] [th=""]AST[/th] [th=""]STL[/th] [th=""]BLK[/th] [th=""]TOV[/th] [th=""]PF[/th] [th=""]PTS[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1985-86[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]NYK[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]50[/td] [td]50[/td] [td]35.4[/td] [td]7.7[/td] [td]16.3[/td] [td].474[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.1[/td] [td].000[/td] [td]4.5[/td] [td]6.1[/td] [td].739[/td] [td]2.5[/td] [td]6.5[/td] [td]9.0[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]1.1[/td] [td]2.1[/td] [td]3.4[/td] [td]3.8[/td] [td]20.0[/td] [/tr][/table]
Bill Russell (for fun)

[table][tr][th=""]Season[/th] [th=""]Age[/th] [th=""]Tm[/th] [th=""]Lg[/th] [th=""]G[/th] [th=""]GS[/th] [th=""]MP[/th] [th=""]FG[/th] [th=""]FGA[/th] [th=""]FG%[/th] [th=""]3P[/th] [th=""]3PA[/th] [th=""]3P%[/th] [th=""]FT[/th] [th=""]FTA[/th] [th=""]FT%[/th] [th=""]ORB[/th] [th=""]DRB[/th] [th=""]TRB[/th] [th=""]AST[/th] [th=""]STL[/th] [th=""]BLK[/th] [th=""]TOV[/th] [th=""]PF[/th] [th=""]PTS[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1956-57[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]BOS[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]48[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]35.3[/td] [td]5.8[/td] [td]13.5[/td] [td].427[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]3.2[/td] [td]6.4[/td] [td].492[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]19.6[/td] [td]1.8[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [td]14.7[/td] [/tr][/table]
Sam Bowie
roll.gif

[table][tr][th=""]Season[/th] [th=""]Age[/th] [th=""]Tm[/th] [th=""]Lg[/th] [th=""]G[/th] [th=""]GS[/th] [th=""]MP[/th] [th=""]FG[/th] [th=""]FGA[/th] [th=""]FG%[/th] [th=""]3P[/th] [th=""]3PA[/th] [th=""]3P%[/th] [th=""]FT[/th] [th=""]FTA[/th] [th=""]FT%[/th] [th=""]ORB[/th] [th=""]DRB[/th] [th=""]TRB[/th] [th=""]AST[/th] [th=""]STL[/th] [th=""]BLK[/th] [th=""]TOV[/th] [th=""]PF[/th] [th=""]PTS[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1984-85[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]POR[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]76[/td] [td]62[/td] [td]29.2[/td] [td]3.9[/td] [td]7.3[/td] [td].537[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]2.1[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [td].711[/td] [td]2.7[/td] [td]5.9[/td] [td]8.6[/td] [td]2.8[/td] [td]0.7[/td] [td]2.7[/td] [td]2.3[/td] [td]3.7[/td] [td]10.0[/td] [/tr][/table]
Greg Oden

[table][tr][th=""]Season[/th] [th=""]Age[/th] [th=""]Tm[/th] [th=""]Lg[/th] [th=""]G[/th] [th=""]GS[/th] [th=""]MP[/th] [th=""]FG[/th] [th=""]FGA[/th] [th=""]FG%[/th] [th=""]3P[/th] [th=""]3PA[/th] [th=""]3P%[/th] [th=""]FT[/th] [th=""]FTA[/th] [th=""]FT%[/th] [th=""]ORB[/th] [th=""]DRB[/th] [th=""]TRB[/th] [th=""]AST[/th] [th=""]STL[/th] [th=""]BLK[/th] [th=""]TOV[/th] [th=""]PF[/th] [th=""]PTS[/th] [/tr][tr][td]2008-09[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]POR[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]22.4[/td] [td]2.8[/td] [td]5.4[/td] [td].530[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]2.2[/td] [td]3.4[/td] [td].651[/td] [td]2.7[/td] [td]4.6[/td] [td]7.3[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [td]0.3[/td] [td]1.3[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [td]3.8[/td] [td]7.9[/td] [/tr][/table]
Everyone was calling him Bowie 2.0, but son would be happy to be Sam Bowie 2.0 at this stage of his career
laugh.gif

Michael Olowokandi

[table][tr][th=""]Season[/th] [th=""]Age[/th] [th=""]Tm[/th] [th=""]Lg[/th] [th=""]G[/th] [th=""]GS[/th] [th=""]MP[/th] [th=""]FG[/th] [th=""]FGA[/th] [th=""]FG%[/th] [th=""]3P[/th] [th=""]3PA[/th] [th=""]3P%[/th] [th=""]FT[/th] [th=""]FTA[/th] [th=""]FT%[/th] [th=""]ORB[/th] [th=""]DRB[/th] [th=""]TRB[/th] [th=""]AST[/th] [th=""]STL[/th] [th=""]BLK[/th] [th=""]TOV[/th] [th=""]PF[/th] [th=""]PTS[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1998-99[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]LAC[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]45[/td] [td]36[/td] [td]28.4[/td] [td]3.8[/td] [td]8.9[/td] [td].431[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]1.3[/td] [td]2.6[/td] [td].483[/td] [td]2.7[/td] [td]5.3[/td] [td]7.9[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]1.9[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [td]8.9[/td] [/tr][/table]
I'm not saying he's the reincarnation of Olowokandi, but Oden seems to be extremely soft mentally. And that's what it looks like is holding him back. I wasn't expecting an amazing scorer out of college...but I was expecting HOF type numbers when it came to rebounds, blocks, and an intimidating presense (sp?) in the paint. Someone who would control the paint and make it be known that it's HIS. That's what I expected on defense.

From what I've seen watching him on the court, and his interviews off the court, and the fact that the blazers wanted to get his best buddy mike conley despite being stacked at PG since poor gregory feels lonely and is breaking down mentally...he's SOFT.

I'm still rooting for him and the blazers to become the serious contenders that they should be in the near future.
The stats you provide actually hurt your argument. Oden is playing 10+ mins less a game than all those HOF centers you listed in their rookieyears. I am gonna wait until the 2nd half of this season and next season to really start judging him. The reason I am giving him the bye is beacue he IS comingoff MAJOR SURGERY. I don't believe any of those other centers had to go through what Oden did before his rookie season...

roll.gif
In My Mind is funny as #%*!. This thread went in a whole different direction real quick
laugh.gif

Some of you guys laugh at InMyMinds posts. But before he started saying !$#+ , $+#% , @%%#!@# , @+#!@%@+%!@@+ and *+@##*@$ every other word, he didnt say asingle thing that wasnt complete truth. Even during his drunken, profanity filled rant, he was making valid points.

I semi-agree it is a bit early but he just doesn't seem to have the inner-drive and now there are reports that dude is anti-social. The pressure has reallygotten to him, with all these expectations and such. I believe he'll be a good defensive center but he will never be in the same stratosphere as Shaq,Russel, David Robinson, ect. Plus he is never healthy and his offensive game is pretty much non-existent.

smh.gif

"give him time"

not one of the players mentioned by NycHiphop needed time

Barkley on comparing Greg Oden to Bill Russell: "Other than them both being black, that's pretty much it.

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

smh.gif

"give him time"

not one of the players mentioned by NycHiphop needed time

Barkley on comparing Greg Oden to Bill Russell: "Other than them both being black, that's pretty much it.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom