Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my order arrived at the agent, and they took 7 or so pics for me and everything looked on point tbh. They should be here next week, I chose EMS shipping to get em here a lil faster. I will definitely post pics when they arrive.

So my order arrived at the agent, and they took 7 or so pics for me and everything looked on point tbh. They should be here next week, I chose EMS shipping to get em here a lil faster. I will definitely post pics when they arrive.
Post the pics!

So my first opinion was damn the lighting wherever these were taken was horrible lol, but in the end ima wear the hell out of these like everything else in my young collection. Everything went rather smoothly so far, so in the future I can see myself probably ordering a few more times. Primarily XI's considering 150-170 > 300+ resell.

So my first opinion was damn the lighting wherever these were taken was horrible lol, but in the end ima wear the hell out of these like everything else in my young collection. Everything went rather smoothly so far, so in the future I can see myself probably ordering a few more times. Primarily XI's considering 150-170 > 300+ resell.

Look exactly like my 11.5 from Rstor. They are comfy too.

Last edited:

View media item 511007
View media item 511008
View media item 511010
View media item 511011
View media item 511012
View media item 511014
View media item 511016
View media item 511017
They look straight. Post pics when you get them in.

Can someone PLEASE explain to me what is wrong with these dates?
Nothing is wrong with the dates.  Cats get all up in arms over the dates of shoes.  The dates only deal with the months (time window) in which the shoes were produced.  Essentially they mean nothing when looking for comparison between real or fake shoes.  

Nothing is wrong with the dates.  Cats get all up in arms over the dates of shoes.  The dates only deal with the months (time window) in which the shoes were produced.  Essentially they mean nothing when looking for comparison between real or fake shoes.  

thanks. i'm not really up in arms, i was just wondering what the guy meant since he specifically pointed out those dates, as if there was something wrong with the dates.

I've been reading the thread recently but I'm still sort of puzzled. I have gained more knowledge then I knew before and have a basic idea how to tell. How do I tell GM OG Air jordan Retro 1s apart from authorized pairs ? What do I look for and did shadow 1s hit the GM market yet?

Here's a few pics of my GM Royals. As you can see, blue paint ran onto the midsole on the heel of one of the shoes. So yes, there is a quality control issue with GMs. And yes they do have the widows peaks on the back and on the toebox. A nail clipper solves that problem though.

View media item 507936

View media item 507939

View media item 507940

View media item 507943

View media item 507944

View media item 507945

I know this would be better with pics, but—

in comparison to my two pairs (two from Finish Line) + one pair my friend got from Backdoor Bottega...

Very close fakes or GMs (w/e they are), they look better than the other ones I've seen, but I've noticed:

• The Nike Air logo on the tongue tag is attached/stitched too low where it's almost flush to the bottom of the fold/stitch (my two pairs from FNL have the even negative space from the top and bottom of the tag). Though my friend's from Backdoor Bottega is almost lower like yours, so not sure if it's normal, or whether BD sells GMs, early releases, or it's possibly just inconsistency on real pairs? who knows?

• The tag design though, is spot on (swoosh looks good, logo looks good— in contrast to the handful of other knockoffs on eBay). Font looks slightly lighter/skinnier in the pics, but I'm 99% sure it's cause of the lighting of your pics (so no difference there).

• The stitching on the ones I have and my friend's pair are tighter/smaller than yours. The stitching on your pair is slightly wider.

• Toe box height on yours is slightly taller, as I've seen on a lot of other knockoffs/GMs on eBay.

• The “widow's peak” obviously (none of our pairs have that).

Based on the pics, I can't compare the shoe lining though. From what I've read, this is one of the giveaways— I might just order a pair for myself since they seem very close to the real ones, and it would be better if I could just compare in hand.

They look very good.

Last edited:
also, in my comparison— it's possible we're comparing different sizes, so it's not exactly a technical comparison.

also, in my comparison— it's possible we're comparing different sizes, so it's not exactly a technical comparison.

ill compare all 3 size 11 soon. so we will see

USA, Retail Shadow 1's and GM Royals and Black Toes.

I know this would be better with pics, but—

in comparison to my two pairs (two from Finish Line) + one pair my friend got from Backdoor Bottega...

Very close fakes or GMs (w/e they are), they look better than the other ones I've seen, but I've noticed:

• The Nike Air logo on the tongue tag is attached/stitched too low where it's almost flush to the bottom of the fold/stitch (my two pairs from FNL have the even negative space from the top and bottom of the tag). Though my friend's from Backdoor Bottega is almost lower like yours, so not sure if it's normal, or whether BD sells GMs, early releases, or it's possibly just inconsistency on real pairs? who knows?

• The tag design though, is spot on (swoosh looks good, logo looks good— in contrast to the handful of other knockoffs on eBay). Font looks slightly lighter/skinnier in the pics, but I'm 99% sure it's cause of the lighting of your pics (so no difference there).

• The stitching on the ones I have and my friend's pair are tighter/smaller than yours. The stitching on your pair is slightly wider.

• Toe box height on yours is slightly taller, as I've seen on a lot of other knockoffs/GMs on eBay.

• The “widow's peak” obviously (none of our pairs have that).

Based on the pics, I can't compare the shoe lining though. From what I've read, this is one of the giveaways— I might just order a pair for myself since they seem very close to the real ones, and it would be better if I could just compare in hand.

They look very good.

My tag is like that on my retail BT1's. It's sown low like that. u can almost see the writing that's supposed to be on the back of the tongue, on the top of the tongue. like it should be sown back further. So that's not an exact way to tell.

But good comparison and u make very valid points, repped.

^ thanks for the comparison. zyzz, i'll be interested to see your comparison pics. thanks for all the information everyone. learning a lot of good stuff.

lol at that price, counterfeits costs more than legit ones?

I just helped another fellow NTer find a 100% legit DS Royal 1s FTL pair for $250

dont ask me where, i choose who i help

Your so cool...

Why bother posting if your not willing to help?

Ohhh to gloat and throw it in our face. Cool, thanks we got it...

Your so cool...

Why bother posting if your not willing to help?

Ohhh to gloat and throw it in our face. Cool, thanks we got it...
yeah i'm cool I could have easily bought all those pairs & sell it for more, thats even cooler for me

the point is don't buy counterfeits

I see people looking for their size & not trying to buy fakes, I help when I can

Last edited:
yeah i'm cool I could have easily bought all those pairs & sell it for more, thats even cooler for me

the point is don't buy counterfeits

I see people looking for their size & not trying to buy fakes, I help when I can

U wanna be cool, replace:
"don't ask where - I choose who I help"

with:
"U don't need to buy GM shoes if you look hard enough you can find legit ones for $250"

Otherwise your just gloating... Which is exactly why you posted that.

U wanna be cool, replace:
"don't ask where - I choose who I help"

with:
"U don't need to buy GM shoes if you look hard enough you can find legit ones for $250"

Otherwise your just gloating... Which is exactly why you posted that.
i'm responding to the $346 counterfeit pair ain't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom