Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think nike/JB should put a stop on this issue.. they can easily claim that these GM/unauthorized pairs are LEGIT/FAKE and make a legal action but still a mystery up to now. This make me think that they have profit out of these pairs and make me feel comfortable buying GM/unauthorized pairs.

Until Nike/JB makes any claims then this issue will be a never ending story.

I think until Nike starts making enough shoes to go around, people will continue to purchase and sell grey market pairs. Nike could easily put an end to grey market sellers business if they would make enough pairs to meet demand. Shoe are made to be worn...so if they made enough pairs to meet the demands of consumers..then there wouldnt be an issue with grey market sellers. Even if Nike over produced shoes and they eventually had to be clearenced...all of the shoes would eventually still sell for more than the cost to produce them, so nike would thus make even more money. Those who argue that Nike should continue to limit the quanity of shoes made, so that they are collectible have no valid point. I can see maybe making the player editions limited or not released..but with any retro Jordans, there should be enough to go around.

Ok so answer this. Grey market is basically the same thing in y'all's opinions right??? So why are they limited to sizes 8-13. Hell if its the same shoes where are the sizes that go 14 and up?? I've yet to see one site that goes past a 13 but then again I'm nt really looking but point being if their from the same place where ate the larger szs

Those sizes are very hard to sell. I wear a 14.....and it takes an act of God to find my size in a retail store regardless if it is a Jordan, Nike or a dress shoe. A lot of companies don't make pass a size 13 in a shoe. Notice, Nike and Jordan does the same at times if the shoe will be extremely limited

ill tell you right now, grey markets will NOT go away until they go back to taiwan or go to more legit factories.

so as long as they continue making shoes at the current factories, this will go on for a long time.

Those sizes are very hard to sell. I wear a 14.....and it takes an act of God to find my size in a retail store regardless if it is a Jordan, Nike or a dress shoe. A lot of companies don't make pass a size 13 in a shoe. Notice, Nike and Jordan does the same at times if the shoe will be extremely limited

Come on now that's a horrible excuse........there are plenty of people who would buy a 13+ size jordan xi. There's plenty of market for big feet people.....nobody thinks its odd that the replicas are the same sizes and always been the same sizes and now the GMs are the same sizes.....yet they have access to make a 13+??? some of you are blind...point is to make money yet they stop at a certain size.... Yeah ok :-/ cuz nobody would buy those sizes....next excuse

Come on now that's a horrible excuse........there are plenty of people who would buy a 13+ size jordan xi. There's plenty of market for big feet people.....nobody thinks its odd that the replicas are the same sizes and always been the same sizes and now the GMs are the same sizes.....yet they have access to make a 13+??? some of you are blind...point is to make money yet they stop at a certain size.... Yeah ok :-/ cuz nobody would buy those sizes....next excuse
Thats actually not a horrible excuse at all , its just the truth. Size 14+ dont carry many pairs in store or online. Why do you think when you see that last pair of a shoe online for FTL FNL etc its always 7 or 15 or 16 and it sits there for forever. Theyre more likely to sell anything between 8-13 faster than 14+ so to make 10-15 pairs at that size would be a total waste of money/production/materials

lol retail pairs carry the same sizes as replicas and GM so whats your point? 

Please show me where I said "nobody" will buy that size. It has nothing to do with being blind. I myself wear a size 14 so I know how hard it is to find my size. I have to even ask managers to trade out a size to another store in another state to get a size 14 in a Jordan. If it wasn't for the fact that I know a few managers here and have been doing this for 10+ years, I wouldn't have any retros in my closet because the internet is pure luck now. You believe what you want partner. I know how hard it is. It has nothing to do with how easy it is to make, but everything to do with waste and profit. Yes, there is a market for big feet, but the majority doesn't wear 14-22. Sorry, that is just how it is and I have come to understand that. Hell, I have to wear dress shoes in my profession and most companies stop at a size 13. I have to search long and hard for a nice Cole haan, Kenneth Cole, etc. And honestly, if you know where to look, you will find some GM's in a size 14-15. But, once again, very rare, but they do pop up. I'm done.

Are kicks sold from krispysoles.com, iamkickz.com and kicksole.com all grey market? Is it a coincidence that are all in Texas ?

Okay I'm an engineer and I work with manufacturing directly so this is how things work. For one thing, nothing that is produced in mass quantities is made 1 by 1. In the manufacturing world time = money. Anything that is made 1 by one is usually extremely expensive. Also although there is some human assembly when it comes to these shoes but there are some components that that are made by machine (sole/midsole). These parts are scaled differently depending on size. So different "molds" are used for different sizes. Each mold has the makes a set number parts, lets say 100 for the sake of argument. And that's how they're produced. 100 of size 7 then, switch out the mold and do 100 for size 7.5, and so on and so fourth. They're not produced by the size run they're produced by the size.

Now these grey market industries, and even replica industries, are strictly in it for the profit and to maximize it. It's Nike's job to cater to the market and produce sizes for everyone that may want one. These people have no such obligation. Why would they go through the trouble of making 100 size 15 shoes whe it known that the maket for a size 11 surpasses it tenfold? That's just simple business. The time the spent making 100 size 15 shoes that they might sell half of in a years time, they could make in a more popular and profitable size that they'd sell quickly. Production time costs money so they're not wasting there time trying to satisfy a small part of the market when they could be making tons of money on the larger majority of the market. And that's a fact. That's how manufacturing works. My company will not put anything into production unless the buyer orders a certain amount so that profit from the sale of those parts covers the cost of actual production

Okay I'm an engineer and I work with manufacturing directly so this is how things work. For one thing, nothing that is produced in mass quantities is made 1 by 1. In the manufacturing world time = money. Anything that is made 1 by one is usually extremely expensive. Also although there is some human assembly when it comes to these shoes but there are some components that that are made by machine (sole/midsole). These parts are scaled differently depending on size. So different "molds" are used for different sizes. Each mold has the makes a set number parts, lets say 100 for the sake of argument. And that's how they're produced. 100 of size 7 then, switch out the mold and do 100 for size 7.5, and so on and so fourth. They're not produced by the size run they're produced by the size.

Now these grey market industries, and even replica industries, are strictly in it for the profit and to maximize it. It's Nike's job to cater to the market and produce sizes for everyone that may want one. These people have no such obligation. Why would they go through the trouble of making 100 size 15 shoes whe it known that the maket for a size 11 surpasses it tenfold? That's just simple business. The time the spent making 100 size 15 shoes that they might sell half of in a years time, they could make in a more popular and profitable size that they'd sell quickly. Production time costs money so they're not wasting there time trying to satisfy a small part of the market when they could be making tons of money on the larger majority of the market. And that's a fact. That's how manufacturing works. My company will not put anything into production unless the buyer orders a certain amount so that profit from the sale of those parts covers the cost of actual production

I was in marketing and contracting as well, so we know how it works. I thought about posting a similar example, but thought it would go over some people heads so just said the waste and profit line.

Are kicks sold from krispysoles.com, iamkickz.com and kicksole.com all grey market? Is it a coincidence that are all in Texas ?
I'll say this. 90% of the sites posted in the legit check thread sell grey market kicks.   If you come across any site that is selling shoes months before they come out they are selling grey market kicks.   Authorized Nike retailers whether they are a big chain store like footlocker or a mom and pop store don't get the shoes months in advance before the release date.   Stores normally get the kicks 2 to 3 weeks before release date.

Sounds about right to me couldnt agree with you more.

Idk if you've all seen this, but from the vid, I guess grey market pairs are poorly crafted legit shoes.

Idk if you've all seen this, but from the vid, I guess grey market pairs are poorly crafted legit shoes.

EARLY RELEASE CAN BE PRE PRODUCTION MOLDS. Grey Market is either early releases and after retail sales. Not all Grey Market shoes are made with the best quality, but again not even retail pairs come out perfectly.

EARLY RELEASE CAN BE PRE PRODUCTION MOLDS. Grey Market is either early releases and after retail sales. Not all Grey Market shoes are made with the best quality, but again not even retail pairs come out perfectly.
That's true, I've seen some pretty bad retail pairs myself... like the flint 13s a couple years ago, the mesh overlay was uneven on my pair. Idk, I just wanna know if it's alright to buy from rstor or kinstor...A pair of dead stock bred 4s for 140 can't be beat. Idk why these resellers try to sell an already worn pair for 200+. You know how stupid that sounds for a pair of used shoes? If I wore a shoe 10+ times I price under the retail mark...people need to stop being ***** with these shoes.

Last edited:

That was a long freakin video...

Honestly, everything was nit-picky to me besides the dead air bag.

Also, you can prob take a blow dryer to an authentic pair and rip the sole off too. I ain't trying though :rofl:

I would venture to guess that after-production GM are better quality than before-production. They will work out alot of kinks in the early runs of production...

nice post i enjoyed reading it. this should all be common sense tho...people on here are slow tho hence the explanation

Funny how people's opinion on the legit check section changed so quick.

Before they were like: "Fugazi! Fakes! Ghost!".

Now they're like: "You're good. They are GM. They're real but unauthorized"

Seems that everyone's an expert now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom