Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ they all look good. I could see the differences that you noted on the shoes. Other than that patent cut on the SJ being a little high, they look good. Jeans and the cut wouldnt even be noticeable.

What about the SJ carbon fibre was fishy? was it glossy, just paint, or flat out fake?

those jams cut is nice, wish the retail pair was that high, the part that comes down near the toe on the outside of the shoe is sooo low on the 09s it almost touches the midsole. All look good minus the iffey CF but they look good

What about the SJ carbon fibre was fishy? was it glossy, just paint, or flat out fake?

If you look closely, you can see kinda like brush strokes, of where the finish was applied. Its like that too on the concords. Not sure if retail pairs are like this, I had both of these when they dropped but sold them both shortly after. However, it feels hard like CF, and the texture bumps are legit.

Im curious if the grey market pairs are coming out of the same factory why is the patent leather always cut so high ? If its the same materials shouldn't it be 100% the same as the 09 pairs ?

well same materials and the same AMOUNT of materials are 2 different things, not trying to be rude but thats why nike/JB has quality control to weed out these mistakes and these GM shoes dont so they come out with all kinds of blemishes

if i were going off the 23 id say the right is the GM pair since it looks nicer all of retail pairs JB f'd up the 23s mine are off. If i were goin by the shape of the shoe id say the right is the GM because mine came from NDC looking like ur pair on the left ...

its obvious the left is the GM
if i were going off the 23 id say the right is the GM pair since it looks nicer all of retail pairs JB f'd up the 23s mine are off. If i were goin by the shape of the shoe id say the right is the GM because mine came from NDC looking like ur pair on the left ...
Based off the smushed 23.... And smaller cotton tab where the 23 goes, and higher patent cut......??

I will wait for a few more responses before I reveal the TRUTH. 8)

Also, don't just look at that one pic, look at all the pics I posted above comparing the 2.

Last edited:
thats just one pair if its obvious. so many GM pairs look different its ridiculous. its not as bad with the release pairs but yea :lol:

Your mistaking production inconsistencies that are across all JB shoes, authentic or GM with what my point which is that GM pairs consistently get something wrong.

I mean they willfully decide that certain short cuts are satisfactory to them in trying to duplicate JB shoes.
The space jam 11 is an example, even the best GM pair has one of the worst looking cf plates. It's obviously not by accident, they are intentionally not zeroing in on that as something worth reproducing correctly.

What people really need to understand is that the current market for GM shoes has shifted to the United States when we weren't supposed to be the ones these shoes were made for. These shoes are supposed to be cheaper reproductions for people in places where the retail cost of a regular JB shoe isn't feasible for them to afford.

Somewhere in china there's someone making a tablet that physically looks like an ipad but runs an android os, just because its a good reproduction doesn't make it "identical" nor does it mean its of the same quality.

View media item 470613View media item 470614

Your mistaking replica shoes for GM shoes. Legit GM pairs have all the exact same materials down to the CF plate. As you can see in the photos just posted, you can barely tell the difference.

I think the GM pair is on the left.

Your mistaking replica shoes for GM shoes. Legit GM pairs have all the exact same materials down to the CF plate. As you can see in the photos just posted, you can barely tell the difference.

I think the GM pair is on the left.
Yep your right, on 1 out of 3 pairs you can't tell. Great odds.

The shoes they seem to get right the most often are Bred XI's, V's and all the IV's released within the last year and a half.

Last edited:
By the way, did anyone try to spot the BRED GM pair vs retail pair? Left or right?
nerd.gif
I'll play, but ima say Left. (on someones feet, there is no way anyone could ever tell)

Alright guys, GM pair is on the right, and sad to say it looks better, at least from the back.

Feel the same except GM pair is a bit more snug in toe box.

Honestly, these are the same freaking shoe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom