Grimey move...would you leave NEGATIVE feedback??? Or over reacting???

A deal is a deal. The agreed upon contract based upon ebay's policy allows sellers 3 business days to ship a package. The seller is within the agreement of the buyer/seller contract to not ship the package immediately. Stuff happens. Let the seller know you need something specific BEFORE you bid. This is the buyer's fault.

Bruh just tell your friend they will get their bday gift next week because of some shipping issues and that it's worth the wait

Definitely over reacting
laugh.gif

Wow at thinking you'd be stuck with the shoes. C'mon man

Originally Posted by Swish 22

A deal is a deal. The agreed upon contract based upon ebay's policy allows sellers 3 business days to ship a package. The seller is within the agreement of the buyer/seller contract to not ship the package immediately. Stuff happens. Let the seller know you need something specific BEFORE you bid. This is the buyer's fault.

I think you're missing the point. OP isn't just complaining of when he shipped it, he's also complaining of how he shipped it.

1) Expedited means as soon as possible. So if the seller accepted the money on Monday, he should have shipped it on Tuesday (the next day)

2) The buyer said he will ship it as PRIORITY mail... then shipped it as parcel, that's a good 2-4 day waiting period.

So no, you are wrong! Don't be mad that OP is gonna give you a negative feedback!
laugh.gif

I don't want to come off as an #$@!+%! OP,but if this is a gift for someone... how are YOU going to be stuck with it?

Just hit him off with something light and let him know that the real deal is on the way... just hold tight.

Let me put this very simply for you. I am an eBay seller with nearly 5000 feedback. Him waiting til Wednesday to ship them out when you paid on Monday is completely acceptable, as he stated in the auction that the handling time is 3-4 days. But, him shipping Parcel Post is on him, as he advertised Priority Mail shipping, and did not use it. Whether it only took you a few more days to get the item is irrelevant, the fact is he stated he would ship Priority Mail and did not. That is false advertising. Although, you should give him a day or two to respond to your emails. Did he sell multiple items at the same time? I've had that happen before, had some items listed with Priority Mail, and some with Parcel Post, and got them mixed up. If that is what he did, it is still his fault, but sometimes accidents happen. Keep us posted on how things turn out

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Don't leave negative feedback because you were the one who has special circumstances and YOU didn't communicate that to the seller. A simple message to the seller stating that you need them by the weekend usually does the trick. This is on you. If he had 3-5 handling time listed and promised to ship PRIORITY (2-3 days) you would still miss out on your weekend deadline. Ebay buyers have to understand that people aren't going to drop whatever they are doing to deliver a package lightning fast. Gas prices, ebay fees, postage fees...it gets expensive. ALWAYS communicate with sellers when you need an item by a certain time.

That's a bs excuse. Most sellers require immediate payment but I have to wait until YOU get the time to ship to get my stuff? Sell when you have spare time then.

Regardless, op is complaining that the seller lied and did not ship priority as promised. Op took a gamble on priority shipping, no parcel post.

do you expect the seller to drop everything their doing to ship your item?   if the seller is at work/school etc, are they just supposed to leave because you paid and bought an item.  i'm all for providing prompt reliable shipping and if in a worst case scenario something comes up that delays shipment i feel it's my duty to contact the buyer rather then them contact me.

HOWEVER if i check my ebay when im out and about enjoying my day, i'm not just going to drop everything because i sold an item, i'll get it out the next day and it shouldn't be an issue, as i wouldn't expect a seller to do the same when i'm the one buying. if im at home not doing anything and i sell something then i'll ship it that day.   aside from that if you buy off of ndc, eastbay, etc  if you don't pay by a certain time then your item isn't getting processed and shipped until the next business day.

aside from that, a whole other issue is the fact that some sellers won't ship the item until the funds have transfered into their bank account which is understandable as even though the money is in their paypal, they don't have actual access to it until it's in their bank account. i don't do that but i understand the reasoning behind those that do.

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

Don't leave negative feedback because you were the one who has special circumstances and YOU didn't communicate that to the seller. A simple message to the seller stating that you need them by the weekend usually does the trick. This is on you. If he had 3-5 handling time listed and promised to ship PRIORITY (2-3 days) you would still miss out on your weekend deadline. Ebay buyers have to understand that people aren't going to drop whatever they are doing to deliver a package lightning fast. Gas prices, ebay fees, postage fees...it gets expensive. ALWAYS communicate with sellers when you need an item by a certain time.

That's a bs excuse. Most sellers require immediate payment but I have to wait until YOU get the time to ship to get my stuff? Sell when you have spare time then.

Regardless, op is complaining that the seller lied and did not ship priority as promised. Op took a gamble on priority shipping, no parcel post.

do you expect the seller to drop everything their doing to ship your item?   if the seller is at work/school etc, are they just supposed to leave because you paid and bought an item.  i'm all for providing prompt reliable shipping and if in a worst case scenario something comes up that delays shipment i feel it's my duty to contact the buyer rather then them contact me.

HOWEVER if i check my ebay when im out and about enjoying my day, i'm not just going to drop everything because i sold an item, i'll get it out the next day and it shouldn't be an issue, as i wouldn't expect a seller to do the same when i'm the one buying. if im at home not doing anything and i sell something then i'll ship it that day.   aside from that if you buy off of ndc, eastbay, etc  if you don't pay by a certain time then your item isn't getting processed and shipped until the next business day.

aside from that, a whole other issue is the fact that some sellers won't ship the item until the funds have transfered into their bank account which is understandable as even though the money is in their paypal, they don't have actual access to it until it's in their bank account. i don't do that but i understand the reasoning behind those that do.
This is a good ebay sellers thought process on selling things on ebay.

Wait, the seller stated he had a handling time of 3-4 days? If that's the case, OP's only real complaint can be getting shafted on shipping charges. There should be absolutely no complaint about not getting the shoes by this weekend unless the seller specifically stated that he would ship the day after payment.

I mean, dude shipped it earlier than his stated handling timeframe--that doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

laugh.gif
  Then what's the point of even having handling times on eBay?  Just for fun?  So as a seller, I'm supposed to drop what I'm doing and ship your item out just because you paid, even though my auction clearly states my handling time?  LMAO.   
And the immediate payment option for buyers is a GREAT tool--can't tell you how many times I've sold something only to have the buyer screw me over with the "I'll pay on Friday" excuse.  If you don't have the money, why are you shopping?  Can I go on Nike.com and buy something, only to pay a week later?  Nope.  eBay should be no different and I'm glad they implemented that option.  It cuts down on a lot of flaking.   

Originally Posted by LeClutchJames

Bruh just tell your friend they will get their bday gift next week because of some shipping issues and that it's worth the wait

Definitely over reacting
laugh.gif

Wow at thinking you'd be stuck with the shoes. C'mon man

No No

That would make way too much sense.

If the seller delivers anything less than what is stated in the post then that should be reflected in the feedback. People on here trying to say that its the OPs fault for not communicating with the seller before hand are buggin', if he stated in the post a certain type of shipment and he opts for a cheaper form after payment has been sent then I wouldnt feel anything else but taken advantage of. He obviously did it because he wanted to save money and felt like you werent going to do anything about it. Thats grimy.

stop crying. "i'm gonna leave him bad feedback. that'll teach him". just leave him neutral and call it a day

Ill try to answer as many questions I can,

1.) He still didn't contact me. He never contacted me. I got tracking through eBay automated system.

2.) I'm not going to give him any feedback until item arrives. He could have NOT double boxed it or whatever else that can go wrong.

3.) That 3-4 handling/shipping time wasn't made by him. It was eBay's "estimated" time under shipping. It ALWAYS say that. He stated CLEARLY, USPS PRIORITY
(for example: even if a California seller/so Cal were to list an item, eBay's "estimated" time is still 3-4 days. In reality it take a day to ship)
(I understand life/work/career/whatever, but if you can't follow through at least communicate. If I list something, i know in the back of my head, I will have to ship it)

4.) He only listed 1 (ONE) item. And he just listed it. 3 day listing with 2 hrs and 37 minutes left. He got paid instantly. No way he could "forget" or "mislabeled shipping"
(He got paid and did what he had to do with the INSTANT money. I don't know anyone who doesn't have a instant Paypal Debit Card)
(The excuse of waiting it to get into his bank account is bogus. He sent 1 day late. Paypal don't transfer funds into your bank account within 1 day)

5.) I don't know the NT'er. He never stated his name. I just got his eBay name and tried to search it here, but no go.

6.) It's basically about the principle. Don't say you're gonna do something and NOT do it. It's the equivalent to flaking. If you're not going to ship it priority, don't list it as so.

7.) When you pay for priority shipping, it usually takes people over a week??? I buy and sell a LOT. When I ship priority its 3 days MAXIMUM. I paid monday, promptly.

I'd say leave negative feedback. Lying about anything in the description or how the transaction is going to go down is deserving of negatives. All you guys telling OP to chill, Not following through with the deal as described is low and should not be given positives or even neutral.

The seller states handling time of 3-4 days, ok thats fine. However, the fact that he advertised priority and instead shipped parcel is a major issue. Do you go to Mcdonalds and get a big mac and when you open your big mac you only get one patty? No, if you advertise something and I pay your price, you better give me what I paid for. I don't care how big or small it may seem to you. You agree to terms when you sell on ebay, follow those terms.

OP, ask for a shipping refund, get your refund, and STILL leave negative feedback. Let that dude understand how it feels to be messed with. He had NO EXCUSE. You can even pay for the shipping label directly off paypal!!!. There is no excuse. Seller was just playing cheap.

Post the link.

Oh and to those that is saying, "but it's free shipping" its technically not.

The total paid is the agreed "shipped" amount.

So basically shipping is included in the final price.

I'm not gonna post something for $300 shipped and consider that "free shipping" so don't complain...

leave the appropriate feedback and call it a day. You didn't receive what was promised in the ad right?

I think Wednesday is acceptable, being that he's in the east coast and you are in the west coast...I'm in TX which is 2 hours ahead of Cali time...if someone from Cali bought an item from me around 8PM Cali time, 10PM TX time, I would not find out about my sell until Tuesday morning when I get to work and check my email...being the shoes are at home, I would not be able to ship until Wednesday...

I feel you OP. Bad business is bad business, period.

The question is: Do you really want to destroy his 100% feedback because he didn't ship the kicks the right way, possibly by mistake?

I understand your qualm my dude. And you are definitely in the right, But give it a day or two to mull over. Wait till you get the kicks , at least.

Miss me with your friends birthday party
laugh.gif
You can give him those kicks later. If anything it will be better that way; giving them to him when it's just you two so you can really take in the joy of giving.

Originally Posted by WickedxCL

I think Wednesday is acceptable, being that he's in the east coast and you are in the west coast...I'm in TX which is 2 hours ahead of Cali time...if someone from Cali bought an item from me around 8PM Cali time, 10PM TX time, I would not find out about my sell until Tuesday morning when I get to work and check my email...being the shoes are at home, I would not be able to ship until Wednesday...

That is acceptable. Not tripping off of that. I'm tripping off PARCEL POST instead of advertised PRIORITY.With that said, it makes a huge difference going from 2-3 days guaranteed to 7-10 estimated business days.If he just shipped as advertised, everything woulda been cool even if I got it later. Because he would of did everything he could on his part. I can't blame him for my lazy post man, snow storm, usps negligence, or me not being home to recieve package and left a "we missed you label."He just needed to do his part, which he failed to do. All for a few chump %+% dollars...

Back
Top Bottom