H&M is under fire for racist hoodie

1. They knew exactly what they were doing. Designers make things with specific intent just as companies release product with certain groups of people in mind.

2. Fire the person who decided "hmm, okay black kid wear the monkey sweater and white kid wear the hunter one." He or she is not slick.

3. Boycott them. That's what hurts them the most, think they care you are offended?

Why are we discussing the ITEM???????

Because that's what the title says...

OP in the title says the hoodie is racist... Not the company, their executives or the situation... But the hoody itself... All im saying is that the physical inanimate object at hand isn't racist... From my point of view, it seems as if he's saying any clothing item with a monkey or that saying on it is racist, which it isn't....

One wrote: 'Is this part of a publicity stunt? Do some brands want to be dragged on twitter in order to gain more visibility?'

I believe this is the "new" thing now-a-days

You cant tell me with the way people are easily offended by the smallest things today, that something significant like this isnt done on purpose

1. They knew exactly what they were doing. Designers make things with specific intent just as companies release product with certain groups of people in mind.

2. Fire the person who decided "hmm, okay black kid wear the monkey sweater and white kid wear the hunter one." He or she is not slick.

3. Boycott them. That's what hurts them the most, think they care you are offended?

Again... If you think they designed a children's clothing item with a monkey on it to be deliberately racist you are delusional...

I'm Not arguing that the photographer/website designer/marketing isn't racist... But if truly think that this entire thing was designed from the getgo to undermine black people you are don't have a grasp on reality...

they couldnt just go with the coolest cat in the land or whatever? who even says coolest monkey? :smh:

Half of my sons clothing involves monkeys... It's just how children stuff is made... Go look at any newborn department, you'll see...

Because that's what the title says...

OP in the title says the hoodie is racist... Not the company, their executives or the situation... But the hoody itself... All im saying is that the physical inanimate object at hand isn't racist... From my point of view, it seems as if he's saying any clothing item with a monkey or that saying on it is racist, which it isn't....

Add to this...it's not the hoodie we're reacting too. We're reacting to the implicit context of who's modeling the hoodie.

Swap the hoodies modeled by both kids and we aren't having this conversation.

Which is how you know without question that this was done intentionally. Whether we agree on WHY it was done...you have to look at the "coincidences" here and deduce that they aren't coincidences at all.

The older I get I'm learning that the core of this "thing" is ENTIRELY deeper than "black and white" and traps are being set on both sides to shape ideologies.

At some point...We’re going to have to disassociate ourselves with "monkey" as some sort of a slur.

You lost
Me there homie
WE don’t have to do ****. WE have done enough to show our worth and our intelectual prowess. That’s on THEM to cut the **** and accept our value and worth in this society.

They need to do better. WE have overcome being trapped by those words and those ideals (well many of us) and have succeeded in every facet of this society. THEY need to change their mentality.

WE only get offended becuase it’s a lazy tactic to try to get us to act that way.

Many of us are about looking at the deeper symbolism of it all and try to find how the subtle **** is what’s truly detrimental to our survival.

Again... If you think they designed a children's clothing item with a monkey on it to be deliberately racist you are delusional...

I'm Not arguing that the photographer/website designer/marketing isn't racist... But if truly think that this entire thing was designed from the getgo to undermine black people you are don't have a grasp on reality...
Why is THIS even the conversation?

The title SAYS the hoodie is racist but we know the discussion is whether or not HM is out of pocket

Delusional?

I can't take your opinion serious on this topic with the username "CelticsPride". Good day sir.

Last edited:
You lost
Me there homie
WE don’t have to do ****. WE have done enough to show our worth and our intelectual prowess. That’s on THEM to cut the **** and accept our value and worth in this society.

They need to do better. WE have overcome being trapped by those words and those ideals (well many of us) and have succeeded in every facet of this society. THEY need to change their mentality.

WE only get offended becuase it’s a lazy tactic to try to get us to act that way.

Many of us are about looking at the deeper symbolism of it all and try to find how the subtle **** is what’s truly detrimental to our survival.

You aren't really saying anything I'm not saying...so I'm confused on how believe there's something I said you "disagree" with.

Me saying "we need..." isn't conditioned with "them" in mind. When I say that we need to disassociate ourselves with that term...that's an example of us recalibrating and reshaping ideas that "they" have tried to shape for us.

I don't get offended at the "black = monkey" troll because I DO NOT ASSOCIATE so-called BLACK PEOPLE WITH MONKEYS. I do not associate so-called black people with word N*gger. I do not associate so-called black people with MANY of the terms that "they" want us to idealize so that they can feed on our emotions. It's like if you walk up to Rihanna and call her a fat sloppy *****. In order for that to offend her...she'd have to consciously or subsconscioulsy BELIEVE in something within that insult. If she KNOWS she's one of the baddest women on this Earth...the insult has no power over her whatsoever.

You said it yourself

If you're admitting they're basically trolls...at what point does the troll stop working once you realize that they are indeed trolls?

To wrap this up....I am not thinking about "them" anymore. The so-called black man and woman NEED to collectively reframe their ideologies independent of conditional factors and influences by anyone else but ourselves. To go to the extreme...it's time to map out a plan for how to move, how to think, and how to act....as if "they" don't even exist.

Last edited:

You make absolutely no sense. The WHOLE of it is that its an African American boy with a “coolest monkey” hoodie. With the idea that “monkey” has racial undertones depending on how you use it, they shoudnt have done that. The hoodie wasnt racist whatever, but the entire way they portrayed it is insensitive.

You aren't really saying anything I'm not saying...so I'm confused on how believe there's something I said you "disagree" with.

Me saying "we need..." isn't conditioned with "them" in mind. When I say that we need to disassociate ourselves with that term...that's an example of us recalibrating and reshaping ideas that "they" have tried to shape for us.

I don't get offended at the "black = monkey" troll because I DO NOT ASSOCIATE so-called BLACK PEOPLE WITH MONKEYS. I do not associate so-called black people with word N*gger. I do not associate so-called black people with MANY of the terms that "they" want us to idealize so that they can feed on our emotions. It's like if you walk up to Rihanna and call her a fat sloppy *****. In order for that to offend her...she'd have to consciously or subsconscioulsy BELIEVE in something within that insult. If she KNOWS she's one of the baddest women on this Earth...the insult has no power over her whatsoever.

You said it yourself

If you're admitting they're basically trolls...at what point does the troll stop working once you realize that they are indeed trolls?

To wrap this up....I am not thinking about "them" anymore. The so-called black man and woman NEED to collectively reframe their ideologies independent of conditional factors and influences by anyone else but ourselves. To go to the extreme...it's time to map out a plan for how to move, how to think, and how to act....as if "they" don't even exist.

This is in a perfect world homie. Some things are always gonna have a negative connotation.

I just can't image it being by accident, not in 2017. I could see if calling black folks monkeys was something that was created in 2015 in a small pocket of Alabama, but that word is used vs. Black folks EVERYWHERE.

Not ONE person saw it and stopped it?

I just find that SO hard to believe

They’re Swedish. Probably didn’t think about it. The us and uk sites should’ve never let that be posted.
im tired of this bull **** excuse of how another part of the world isnt in the know of racist bull **** like this. like when steven adams called steph curry a ****ing monkey. racism is everywhere. places around the world are just as racist as the usa so dont start with “ oh they live in sweden ir new zealand or the uk they dont know what racism is”

its a crock of ****

Why does the responsibility of disassociating black people from monkey's fall on black people? Is that a serious belief?

You guys LOVE being victims so much that you instantly associate the idea of self improvement as some sort of "burden".

Let me ask you a question...let's say that racism NEVER dies. Do you want your great great great grandchildren to be crying about the word monkey or do you want them to craft out an existence of excellence and superiority powered by their own independence.

Go call Harvey Weinstein or George Soros a hymie or a ****...or any other "slur" to their face. They'll laugh at you....because they run ****. There isn't **** you can say to them that would knock them off their pivot. They exisit within an ethos to where your opinion is worth peanuts to them.

Your emotions can only be preyed upon if you allow them. The brain is powerful...and the tools and tactics used throughout history have created the conditions FOR our emotions to be preyed upon. So while I have sympathy for how we got here...once you come to a point of realization...now YOU own the narrative. If you believe that our answers ultimately are predicated on the actions of another group...what a SAD existence that is. You're basically saying that we won't ever be good until we are "left alone".

Let me reiterate for the 100th time...and again everyone is entitled to think how how they want...but I DO NOT GIVE A **** ABOUT SO-CALLED WHITE PEOPLE. Their so-called superiority is breaking apart at the seams...which is why the power structure has unleashed this latest wave of "racism" in a last ditch attempt to fight back at their own demise.

I'm smart enough to know that H&M and Keaton ****ing Jones isn't why racism and white supremacy has handicapped the world. We're literally discussing the most insignificant and trivial matters as it pertains to "race" virtually 99% of the time these days.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom