H&M is under fire for racist hoodie

Trust me. I get it. It’s the nature of where we are as a society. It’s all or nothing. A line has been drawn and it’s easy to cast definite labels on people if they express something that doesn’t blindly fall in line with one of two distinct ideologies.

I find it interesting my presence in these threads was met differently when I was at a particularly militant stage in my life and everything was “the black man is god...the white man is a devil”.

Once i reached point of realization and developed the ability to step outside of myself and inner and understand all things...my tone sharpened. The okey doke is very real out here...don’t think you can’t get played out here thinking you belong to the right side of the fence.

4 years ago I woulda been the guy caping for Umar Johnson.
Perspective is everything.

Well said.

they couldnt just go with the coolest cat in the land or whatever? who even says coolest monkey? :smh:

certain parents like calling their kids "my lil monkey"

is da monkey term not stigmatized in da UK?

good for the weeknd guys music is trash and he lost his girl to justin beeber but no doubt he got a strong following that will hurt h and m

I don't feel no way bout them making that hoodie. But I would look at black ppl sideways for putting that on their kid. Clothes make statements. So one should be aware of the statements they make.

Interesting there's not not this much uproar when we are killing out own people

2448bvqjpg.gif

This is the conversation I want to see get started.

Start it.

**** it I will. I have one preliminary question for you or anyone else who plays that card often.

What do you define as "doing something" or "being mad" about so-called black-on-black crime? The notion is that people get upset about police violence towards black people...but not upset at black on black crime right?

If so...what actions would you deem as proof that people ARE upset about it? Something that you don't see happening currently.

Back
Top Bottom