H&M is under fire for racist hoodie

NO ONE is that blind/dense to have this type of an oversight in an ad. Heads should roll because of this.

Also, where are this kid's parents/handlers? Was ANYONE present on this shoot (on the kid's behalf) to say that this isn't OK?

Other companies have blatantly done this. It's obvious to me what's going on.

Simply put, these companies don't want minorities shopping at their stores. They want the outrage, they want blacks to boycott their stores. It's obvious as day. No way does someone do something like this by accident.

Simply put, these companies don't want minorities shopping at their stores. They want the outrage, they want blacks to boycott their stores. It's obvious as day. No way does someone do something like this by accident.
There's no way. The black dollar is by far the strongest in the country by far

I think these companies know theres a market of racists

Like the backlash and apology happen but we don't see when their revenue increases

That’s why I was asking why they would hurt their business on purpose. Retail has already been down the past few years.

without black people h&m would be a consignment shop on the lower east side :lol:

they need our money the most. It's the only dollar that doesn't circulate within it's own pool. Everyone else gets money with each other...to varying degrees.

without black people h&m would be a consignment shop on the lower east side :lol:

they need our money the most. It's the only dollar that doesn't circulate within it's own pool. Everyone else gets money with each other...to varying degrees.

This is very much true, and I didn't think of it.

I still don't think they actually enjoy our people being responsible for most of their net profits though.

At the end of the day however, I'm just searching for the reasoning as to why things like this happen, because it's undoubtedly done purposefully.

Reminds me of Tommy Hilfiger complain about blacks wearing his brand. There was also a champagne brand owner that felt the same way. Can't remember which brand it was though.

Reminds me of Tommy Hilfiger complain about blacks wearing his brand. There was also a champagne brand owner that felt the same way. Can't remember which brand it was though.

That hilfiger thing was just a rumor though that people spread to be true.

giphy.gif

This is very much true, and I didn't think of it.

I still don't think they actually enjoy our people being responsible for most of their net profits though.

At the end of the day however, I'm just searching for the reasoning as to why things like this happen, because it's undoubtedly done purposefully.

This is the moment when you realize this has been happening. Racism and the Advertising industry go hand in hand.

The deeper search should be how are they able to do these things and still get our money.

That’s why I was asking why they would hurt their business on purpose. Retail has already been down the past few years.
why do real estate agents shun black folk from buying into a 90 percent white communities?

Because I have black neighbors in a white community.

In his defense, he said 90% white. If anything, having one black family is like trying to say “I have a black friend, I can’t be racist”. They would be saying “Our community has a black family, we can’t be racist.”

In his defense, he said 90% white. If anything, having one black family is like trying to say “I have a black friend, I can’t be racist”. They would be saying “Our community has a black family, we can’t be racist.”

Well now most are moving out of the neighborhood. It’s turning into a jewish neighborhood.

Back
Top Bottom