H&M is under fire for racist hoodie

I know the ones who live here weren’t shunned since well they live here and purchased the houses. Plus I never said I know others weren’t shunned.

I’ve never heard of the term “white flight”?

Your crazy if you think the words Monkey or Guerillas dont have a racial undertone to them. I thought 50 was ignorant for naming hos group G-Unit. After becoming successful with music. He had the clothes come out. Theres no way i or any of my kids or relatives would be caught dead in anything with the words Monkey or Guerilla on it. I knocked people from all races who feel the same way. I dont care how much they act like Monkey on kids clothes is acceptable. I will never accept it. If your black and are buying yourself and your kids clothes with Monkey and Guerilla on it. Your defenately wilding hard.

Never bought anything out of H&M. I dont think there going to lose to business though. Look at Bape or Red Monkeys. Never invested in those brands because of the names. Sounds good when Rappers rap about it though. There's just a racial relationship with someone being black and being called Monkey in the slave days for me to overlook it being used on clothes just because theres more opportunities for minorities today. What do you think someone who isn't black is going to perceive a black man,woman,kid wearing a shirt with Monkey printed on the middle of a shirt is going to be.

I know the ones who live here weren’t shunned since well they live here and purchased the houses. Plus I never said I know others weren’t shunned.

Dude you really need to educate yourself on racism issues before you talk then.

You are a damn adult, stop relying on your ignorance as a shield from criticizism

How would YOU know who got denied?

Because I have black neighbors in a white community.

Who LIVES there has nothing to do with who got denied.

You clearly came to the conclusion people didn't get denied because there were blacks in your area.

I caught this on ASOS a month+ ago. :smh:

Attachments

• 23760059_10103534459312003_1035400403_o.png
    23760059_10103534459312003_1035400403_o.png
    1 MB · Views: 61
No, I said the ones who live here werent’t denied.
Anecdotal evidence does not disprove the rampant housing discrimination that takes place in America.

There have been tons of books written on the subject, entire fields of study dedicated to it, a major Civil Rights bill was written to fight against it, and economist still regard it has one of the main drivers of inequality.

So I suggest you educate yourself about the subject and don't rely on your bubble to inform for all your opinions.

Especially regarding black people

I traveled a lot throughout Europe in the late 80s & early-mid 90s... greece, italy, & russia were by far the most racist countries I've ever been too. I never ever want to visit those countries again. Except to see some football matches, I really don't have a desire to ever set foot in europe again.

The Dutch, France, Belgium, & some other European countries celebrate a Christmas character called Zwarte Piet or Black Pete whose a character in black face... They still celebrate the character today... My man Russell Brand & home girl at the end... :smokin I wouldn't have held back... If they were dudes, I'd punch em in the mouf repeatedly until I felt a some sense of redemption...

I'm not sure why ya'll are engaging homey in conversation... He has a looooong history of "ignant" comments playing off like he don't know any better...

Start it.

**** it I will. I have one preliminary question for you or anyone else who plays that card often.

What do you define as "doing something" or "being mad" about so-called black-on-black crime? The notion is that people get upset about police violence towards black people...but not upset at black on black crime right?

If so...what actions would you deem as proof that people ARE upset about it? Something that you don't see happening currently.

Stuff like the black lives matter movement, for starters. I get the sense that other races don't take it seriously because it seems that black lives don't matter to so many black people, thus the movement loses credibility.

There's no outcry with black on black crime because people have been brainwashed to not give a damn. Killing black men in America has always been encouraged, profitable and in some circles, acceptable.

Lack of resources, funds and guidance has us killing each other and it seems like some are proud of it. We're the only race that openly talks about killing each other in our music like it's normal.

If someone condones raping women in a a song, women will protest.
Talk negatively about transgenders in a song, transgenders will protest.
Talk about killing black people in song, BLACK PEOPLE WILL MAKE A DANCE TO IT. Brain washing at its finest. Miss me with that 'it's only entertainment' talk.

David banner made an excellent point, everything you hear in the typical gangster rap song is what slave masters told slaves: I've got more money than you, I'll have sex with your woman if I want to and if you act up ill kill you. Enough about the music though.

I've pretty much given up. The black community has been oppressed, exploited, brainwashed and ultimately broken. Oppression has pitted us against one another.

Regarding the violence in the low to middle class black communities as I mentioned earlier, it seems to root from poverty, lack of guidance and lack of resources, such as community centers. All of this would take planning and funding, and the privileged few that have the means to do so may be doing something but it's not enough. And it's not their responsibility ultimately.

It seems to me that when it comes to black on black crime, the black community just stays quiet about it, 'mind our business', or 'pray about it' unless it's affecting someone we know. This chiraq nonsense makes me feel like they're proud of it.

This convo reminds me of the N word conversation. The issue isn't so much as what's being done as much as it is who's doing it. Basically black people only speak up when someone of another race is using the N word or killing a black person. I feel like we should do something about us killing our own people like it's nothing.

Stuff like the black lives matter movement, for starters. I get the sense that other races don't take it seriously because it seems that black lives don't matter to so many black people, thus the movement loses credibility.

There's no outcry with black on black crime because people have been brainwashed to not give a damn. Killing black men in America has always been encouraged, profitable and in some circles, acceptable.

Lack of resources, funds and guidance has us killing each other and it seems like some are proud of it. We're the only race that openly talks about killing each other in our music like it's normal.

If someone condones raping women in a a song, women will protest.
Talk negatively about transgenders in a song, transgenders will protest.
Talk about killing black people in song, BLACK PEOPLE WILL MAKE A DANCE TO IT. Brain washing at its finest. Miss me with that 'it's only entertainment' talk.

David banner made an excellent point, everything you hear in the typical gangster rap song is what slave masters told slaves: I've got more money than you, I'll have sex with your woman if I want to and if you act up ill kill you. Enough about the music though.

I've pretty much given up. The black community has been oppressed, exploited, brainwashed and ultimately broken. Oppression has pitted us against one another.

Regarding the violence in the low to middle class black communities as I mentioned earlier, it seems to root from poverty, lack of guidance and lack of resources, such as community centers. All of this would take planning and funding, and the privileged few that have the means to do so may be doing something but it's not enough. And it's not their responsibility ultimately.

It seems to me that when it comes to black on black crime, the black community just stays quiet about it, 'mind our business', or 'pray about it' unless it's affecting someone we know. This chiraq nonsense makes me feel like they're proud of it.

This convo reminds me of the N word conversation. The issue isn't so much as what's being done as much as it is who's doing it. Basically black people only speak up when someone of another race is using the N word or killing a black person. I feel like we should do something about us killing our own people like it's nothing.

You didn't answer my question.

What is an "outcry" to you?

eh ...

"white flight" was taught in my high school.

You didn't answer my question.

What is an "outcry" to you?
This thread.
Hashtags.
Hella posts on social media.
Protests.
Marches.

Watching that NWA movie have me a very unsettling feeling. Black people tried hard to stop it then because it promoted so many negative stereotypes about black people, but the popularity was so strong that group not only succeeded but became a trailblazer. That same freedom and expression that was reveled in has a dark and nasty underbelly.

Back
Top Bottom