H&M is under fire for racist hoodie

yea im sorry this is way too sensitive. If it was year of the dragon or rabbit it would be fine but year of the monkey and now problem?

Did you read the article? The shirts were being passed out on the first day of BHM. It was a HUGE oversight, but good on the Kings to try to clean things up.

Did you read the article? The shirts were being passed out on the first day of BHM. It was a HUGE oversight, but good on the Kings to try to clean things up.

i did read it. It still seems sensitive. Did the chinese plan to have their new year fall on february 1?

I don't see him telling you how you're supposed to feel from that reply.

I wasn't basing that on that reaponse. It was on his stance in general. We don't need anybody to whitesplain what it we should get upset at

I have sooo many clothes from H&M. Been shopping there for years....this hurts yo :smh:

How can you be this clueless (or just straight up racist) ? Not one person said "This might not be a good idea" ? Not one person is aware of the racial climate right now and how intensive this is ?

If it was so offensive then why would the parents allow their son to model this jacket? :rolleyes

I definitely understand both sides. The lunar new year starts late January or early February. Overall, its good that the Kings pulled it. In the end, it doesn't hurt anyone if you stop giving away the shirts and it prevented a much bigger PR disaster.

Is it as bad as the HM pic? Nope, not even close. Some one in wardrobe needs to get fired for that.

I myself work for a multibillion dollar company. You have to be mindful that you do not offend/harm anyone.

We had a product that we nicknamed "SS". We had to rename the product nickname because we did not want to be appear Nazi sympathizers.

Your crazy if you think the words Monkey or Guerillas dont have a racial undertone to them. I thought 50 was ignorant for naming hos group G-Unit

Yo who’s man? It’s sad that you missed out on G-Unit clothing and G-Unit classics in 03-04 because of a simple homonym. Gorilla and Guerilla are two different words my man and the latter which 50 named his group has no racial undertones

If it was so offensive then why would the parents allow their son to model this jacket? :rolleyes
1. Yea Ok.

2. Some companies super impose clothes onto their models?

So everytime someone is seen IN an ad, it doesn't mean they were physically in those articles of clothing

Or did the new year happen and someone just decided to add this racist display just so innocently?

what?

CNY follows the lunar calendar so it never has a set day.

CNY in '16 was on 2/8.

The Kings had home games on 2/1 and 2/3 and didn't have another one until 2/19.

So yeah, it was most likely innocent. Sorry, but Boogie overreacted. A celebration for one of the largest demographics in CA is now an insult to black people?

That tee was dope btw. If I was a Kings fan I woulda been mad to not get the shirt :lol:

Yo who’s man? It’s sad that you missed out on G-Unit clothing and G-Unit classics in 03-04 because of a simple homonym. Gorilla and Guerilla are two different words my man and the latter which 50 named his group has no racial undertones

Fam you see what I mean :lol:

****** get too woke and start blurring reality to mold it into whatever they want to.

Rationality is dead.

I'm sayin whatever day the new year was someone knew beforehand and made the tees in accordance with that

Not that they made a bunch of tees and then said hey it happens to be the new year

Probably just a Photoshop. Lots of ads have stock models.

But I'll play along with your scenario: Money. Parents probably wanted ends for it or wanted lil buddy to get his foot in the door. End of the day it's not blatant racism like Abercrombie & Fitch. It's kinda subjective. Some people refer to their kids as their little monkey.

Another example of heinous acts in the past leaving behind ghosts.

I thought it was gorilla unit too.
Similarly, if you know anything about black greeks, alphas refer to themselves as apes sometimes and use the gorilla on lots of things. My boy (kappa) made the observation that he doesn't understand why they do that considering what it once meant. I don't care one way or another.

I had a pair of G-Units in middle school :lol:

Kid%20s%20Shoes%205938_5_LRG.jpg

these joints

Back
Top Bottom