H&M is under fire for racist hoodie

I'm not ignorant to the meaning of what G-Unit meant back then or what it stood for. I liked some of there pieces back then. But most people dont understand how your perceived by the public or other people when doing business or traveling. Clothes have meaning to them because its a form of expression. What does a 6-6 talk black man with a shirt that says Guerilla Unit on the the front is going to be perceived. I'm a G-Unit fan. Trust and believe that 50 called his label/clothing company anything other than Guerilla Unit, he wouldve made way more money than he did.

You have to think from world wide prospective,not just a hood prospective. I know plenty of people that where 50 fans from back then that thought like me. Plus i think differently than others. I'm just turned completely off by clothes with anything that says and involves Monkeys/Guerrillas. Alot of people on here acting like its not a big deal. But its history in America that relates Monkey/Guerrilla to Black people. When Bape first came out. I thought it was racial undertone hidden in that name.

BATHING APE can mean different untondras if you dont know the reason why something was named that and just seen it. I'm just not a fan of the Monky/Guerrilla products that are being sold. I've seen old memorabilia related to blacks being compared and labeled as Monkeys/Guerrillas. Anybody knows what the first King Kong movie was stereotyping as. If that new Black Panther movie was Black Monkey or Guerilla. Then i wouldn't be going to see it.

America has a racial history. You'll never catch me in the clothing were up in here discussing. I dont care if its shoes/jeans/shirts that are collabed by Nike and Supreme that are limited and worth thousands of dollars. I wouldnt even look it at. Thats just my opinion on it.

u gonna stalk me all over NT now?

take this filth to da political thread.
No stalking just happen to see your posts in every race thread that ever existed on NT. For someone who hates identity politics you stay in race threads.

Ninjahood is all over NT...i am NT b, im EVERYWHERE...cept TAN, **** that tumor of a thread.

now go run along..scram.

Boy sounding like a big baller
Screenshot_20180108-223445.jpg

how their culture get to being responsible?

where do yall make the leap from the monkeys being racialized to its a culture clash?

is there somewhere in sweden where black children are celebrated as being the coolest monkey?

most likely da latter, apparently da hoodie is part of a jungle theme....

looks like H&M went skimp on da focus group money :lol:

i dont think the hoodie itself is racist. fwiw i refer to my nephews as nieces as little monkeys sometimes cause of their energy (of course not just me, the entire family)

but putting a black kid in the hoodie ... someone shoulda said something.

I'm not ignorant to the meaning of what G-Unit meant back then or what it stood for. I liked some of there pieces back then. But most people dont understand how your perceived by the public or other people when doing business or traveling. Clothes have meaning to them because its a form of expression. What does a 6-6 talk black man with a shirt that says Guerilla Unit on the the front is going to be perceived. I'm a G-Unit fan. Trust and believe that 50 called his label/clothing company anything other than Guerilla Unit, he wouldve made way more money than he did.

You have to think from world wide prospective,not just a hood prospective. I know plenty of people that where 50 fans from back then that thought like me. Plus i think differently than others. I'm just turned completely off by clothes with anything that says and involves Monkeys/Guerrillas. Alot of people on here acting like its not a big deal. But its history in America that relates Monkey/Guerrilla to Black people. When Bape first came out. I thought it was racial undertone hidden in that name.

BATHING APE can mean different untondras if you dont know the reason why something was named that and just seen it. I'm just not a fan of the Monky/Guerrilla products that are being sold. I've seen old memorabilia related to blacks being compared and labeled as Monkeys/Guerrillas. Anybody knows what the first King Kong movie was stereotyping as. If that new Black Panther movie was Black Monkey or Guerilla. Then i wouldn't be going to see it.

America has a racial history. You'll never catch me in the clothing were up in here discussing. I dont care if its shoes/jeans/shirts that are collabed by Nike and Supreme that are limited and worth thousands of dollars. I wouldnt even look it at. Thats just my opinion on it.

As said many times guerilla is not the same as gorilla.

guer·ril·la
ɡəˈrilə/
noun
noun: guerilla
  1. a member of a small independent group taking part in irregular fighting, typically against larger regular forces.
    "this small town fell to the guerrillas"
    synonyms: freedom fighter, irregular, member of the resistance, partisan; More
    • referring to actions or activities performed in an impromptu way, often without authorization.
      adjective: guerrilla
      "guerrilla theater"

i always that it was guerilla unit too .. interesting to see tees that say different

The actual group name is indeed GUERILLA Unit.

As mentioned earlier...there may be something different going on with the clothing.

did you not realize da Chinese New year happened to be year of da monkey?

even Cousins was like "oh...ok" but NBA went to CYA mode anyways.

thought u were talkin about the hoodie hence mentioning Sweden in the part of my post u edited out

Back
Top Bottom