Halo 4 Thread| The Pit Returns Aug.20

I'm super excited for this game. I'm hoping it really is as good as the IGN review. I never got into Halo online MP until 3, but that was the first game that got me big into online MP. I played the campaign through multiple times. Reach was cool for about 3 weeks :smh:

It just is annoying how all these games are coming out so close to each other. I still can't put NBA 2k down, then Assassins dropped and I got that. Halo on tuesday, and the week after BO2... :x I'm so behind on playing my games.

JUST HEADS UP. IT WILL TAKE A LONG *** TIME TO INSTALL THE SECOND DISK. IT TOOK ME AN 1 HOUR AND 15 MINUTES.
mean.gif
Do we have to install it?

They should have made disc 1 the campaign and disc 2 multiplayer.

I mean once you beat the campaign you hardly ever go back and play it.

Sort of like what Halo 3 ODST was like.
YEA YOU HAVE TO INSTALL IT. I TRIED TO JUST USE DISK 1 AND IT GAVE ME THE, "NOPE!"
laugh.gif

LOT OF DUDES ARE ABOUT TO BE SALTY WHEN THEY GET HOME AND TRY TO HOP RIGHT INTO MULTIPLAYER AND GET HIT WITH THAT 1 HOUR + WAIT
laugh.gif
Wait what? I dont have the hard drive space for that....

YEA YOU NEED AT LEAST 8GB FOR THE MULTIPLAYER. I HAD TO RUN TO THE MALL AND BUY A 16GB THUMB DRIVE :lol:

Last edited:
glad i checked this thread out....my gf bought me the 4gb xbox back in july

going to buy that flash drive!!

THERE ARE SOME SERIOUS SCRUBS PLAYING RIGHT NOW. I'VE BEEN CLEANING UP BIG TIME. ABOUT 600 PEOPLE TOTAL BETWEEN ALL THE PLAYLISTS.

THIS GAME DEF FEELS AND PLAYS A LOT LIKE HALO 3.

DEFAULT CONTROLLER SCHEME IS ALMOST IDENTICAL TO CALL OF DUTY TO ME. I WAS ABLE TO PICK UP AND PLAY RIGHT AWAY.

How do I find out how much GB space I have on my Xbox?

Also I noticed in that MLG Dallas stream that Ogre 1 is back playing Halo now.

Wonder if Walshy will make a comeback also.

Yo memphisfinest how is the grenades in this one.

I remember in Reach they were overpowered as hell.

Another thing I wanted to ask is how is the melee system.

They got it right with Halo 3, but then Reach :smh: I would have someone down to no shields and they'd rush me and double melee me... I forgot what the slang term was for that I believe it was called nerf derf or something of that sort.

They got it right with Halo 3, but then Reach :smh: I would have someone down to no shields and they'd rush me and double melee me... I forgot what the slang term was for that I believe it was called nerf derf or something of that sort.

Go to you settings on your dashboard and then storage or memory or something like that... Then it'll list all you're memory devices and how much space is free.

THERE ARE SOME SERIOUS SCRUBS PLAYING RIGHT NOW. I'VE BEEN CLEANING UP BIG TIME. ABOUT 600 PEOPLE TOTAL BETWEEN ALL THE PLAYLISTS.
DEFAULT CONTROLLER SCHEME IS ALMOST IDENTICAL TO CALL OF DUTY TO ME. I WAS ABLE TO PICK UP AND PLAY RIGHT AWAY.

:x is there a more classic layout?

Most of the scrubs must be those "game journalists" that review games even though they don't know how to play it.

Question for you: I probably will not have the game until Wed so I was thinking of practicing with halo 3 or Reach, which one do you think would be more beneficial?

quick question. im picking it up at my best buys midnight release and going to my brothers house to play it first. Is it going to be like EA sports games where if we play online with his xbox i won't be able to play online with my xbox when i take it back home? I dont want to have to purchase a new online pass for $10 if thats the case.

quick question. im picking it up at my best buys midnight release and going to my brothers house to play it first. Is it going to be like EA sports games where if we play online with his xbox i won't be able to play online with my xbox when i take it back home? I dont want to have to purchase a new online pass for $10 if thats the case.
Nah, thats more of an EA thing.

Nah, thats more of an EA thing.

Hold on wait... what?

If you buy a game from EA you have to pay $10 everytime you sign onto Xbox Live or is it $10 everytime you try to play on someone else's Xbox.

THE GRENADES IN THIS GAME IS PERFECT. I'M NOT LYING WHEN I SAY THIS GAME PLAYS A LOT LIKE HALO 3. THEY LISTENED TO THE COMMUNITY IN THIS REGARD. THE MELEE IS STILL TWO HITS TO KILL. IT FEELS THE SAME TO ME AS HALO 2/3 BUT I DIDN'T PLAY REACH MUCH AT ALL SO I'M NOT SURE WHAT PEOPLE'S GRIPES FROM REACH WERE FROM THE MELEE.

ALSO THE DMR IS A MFK'ING BEAST!! IT WILL DROP SHIELDS AND KILL VERY QUICKLY!! I NEED MORE TIME WITH THE BR BUT I CAN DEF SEE THE DMR BEING THE PROS GO TO WEAPON. IF YOU ARE CAUGHT OFF GUARD YOU ARE DONE UNLESS YOU TAKE COVER AND I MEAN TAKE COVER QUICKLY. THERE IS NO I'LL JUST TURN AROUND AND WE'LL BATTLE IT OUT. I'M ABLE TO KILL BEFORE MOST CAN TURN AROUND AND FIRE BACK WITH THE DMR. BUT THEN AGAIN I'M PLAYING SOME MAJOR SCRUBS. I DID PLAY ONE GAME WITH 343 DEVELOPERS AND THEY ARE PRETTY GOOD BUT STILL KINDA SUCK AS FAR AS HARDCORE PLAYERS GO.

THE ABILITY TO STAY SCOPED WHILE GETTING SHOT IS SOOOOOO CRITICAL. GOOD PLAYERS WILL RAPE WITH THIS NEW ABILITY ESPECIALLY WITH THE SNIPER RIFLE.

THE GAME STILL SEEMS VERY BALANCED, THERE IS LITERALLY A COUNTERBALANCE FOR EVERYTHING IN THE GAME, EXCEPT FOR THE INCINERATION CANNON :x :wow: THAT THING STANDS ON IT'S ON. IT'S A BEAST. MUCH MORE POWERFUL THAN THE ROCKETS.

ORDINANCE DROPS ARE A VERY GOOD ADDITION AND IT'S VERY REWARDING TO GET ONE.

:x is there a more classic layout?

Most of the scrubs must be those "game journalists" that review games even though they don't know how to play it.

Question for you: I probably will not have the game until Wed so I was thinking of practicing with halo 3 or Reach, which one do you think would be more beneficial?

THERE ARE OTHER LAYOUTS. I BELIEVE THERE IS RECON WHICH IS MORE SIMILAR THE PAST BUT TRUST ME THE DEFAULT WORKS PERFECTLY.

DEFINITELY PRACTICE WITH HALO 3. GO AHEAD AND THROW THAT REACH IN THE TRASH. :lol:

FOR THOSE WHO KEEP ASKING. ALL MY BOYS COPIES ARE SOLD. DUDE SAID AS SOON AS HE POSTED IT ON THE FORUMS HE GOT BOMBARDED WITH REQUESTS. HE ONLY HELD ONE FOR ME BECAUSE HE KNEW HOW BAD I WANTED TO PLAY.

HE WILL HAVE BLACK OPS 2 ON MONDAY, FOR THOSE WHO MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN THAT. I'LL GET A COPY BUT I REALLY THINK HALO 4 WILL BE THE GAME THIS YEAR. ESPECIALLY SINCE THEY'VE ADDED VISIBLE RANKS IN.

Props Memph, I know i hit u up lol

Seems i didnt want to wait the whole 3 days left hahahahahaa

I am very anxious, guess I'll play 2K

Damn I'm hating you right now memph. Good stuff though I appreciate all the info. This game is looking like the true successor we've been waiting for. When the game drops are we turning this into the multiplayer thread and dropping gamertag info?

Back
Top Bottom