Halo 4 Thread| The Pit Returns Aug.20

Yeah reviews have to be takend witha  grain of salt. This game was guaranteed at least a 9 because of the fact that its a Halo game. Best Halo ever is a huge reach, as excited as I am for this game I dont buy that for a second.

man, legendary solo play through will be glorious.

:smokin

I've beat every Halo on Legendary so far and plan to do so with this one too :D

Sounds like it will be hard as hell though from how nickthestick described the enemies.

Question to those that played the campaign already... are the elites from the previous Halo's in this or is it just these new forerunner enemies.

man, legendary solo play through will be glorious.

:smokin

I've beat every Halo on Legendary so far and plan to do so with this one too :D

Sounds like it will be hard as hell though from how nickthestick described the enemies.

Question to those that played the campaign already... are the elites from the previous Halo's in this or is it just these new forerunner enemies.

IT WOULDN'T BE HALO WITHOUT ELITES.

THEY ARE IN IT.

You guys have to keep in mind that Microsoft is spending a lot on publicity which could possibly mean some reviewers are in their pockets.

You guys have to keep in mind that Microsoft is spending a lot on publicity which could possibly mean some reviewers are in their pockets.

THIS ISN'T ANY DIFFERENT FROM ANY OTHER HIGHLY ANTICIPATED ITEM. NO MATTER WHAT IT MAY BE.

I ALWAYS TAKE REVIEWS WITH A GRAIN OF SALT.

INOTHER NEWS, MAN IS 343 GETTING RIPPED BY THE COMMUNITY FOR NOT HAVING VISIBLE RANKS :lol: . THE FORUM AND YOUTUBE COMMENTS ARE HILARIOUS.

ISN'T BLACK OPS 2 GONNA HAVE A RANKING SYSTEM?

So I ask again.... Anybody else preordered from Newegg?? When should I expect the game?

So I ask again.... Anybody else preordered from Newegg?? When should I expect the game?

I PRE-ORDERED FROM NEWEGG.

TOO BE HONEST, I GOT THE GAME FOR $45 SHIPPED SO IF IT COMES A DAY OR TWO AFTER RELEASE, I AIN'T EEM MAD.

THEY WILL PROBABLY SHIP A DAY OR TWO BEFORE NOVEMBER 6TH.

TOO BE HONEST, I GOT THE GAME FOR $45 SHIPPED SO IF IT COMES A DAY OR TWO AFTER RELEASE, I AIN'T EEM MAD.

I also preordered through Newegg, but I'm in NYC and because of the hurricane and everything I'm probably not going to be receiving my copy for a while.

Damn you dudes are going to get the jump on me now :smh:

Eh Antidope what were you talking about earlier in the post of the bumper jumper set up? Did they take that button configuration out for Halo 4 for you to say that you're not going to use it anymore or you just going to go to try out a different button config?

^ Bumper Jumper is still in the game, I used it when I played through the campaign. There may be a better layout though (I haven't looked at/tried any other ones), because when using armor abilities you have to move your thumb off of the right analog stick, making it impossible to aim.

Thats what I'm wondering.... are they even allowed to ship before release date?? 

PROBABLY NOT. THERE ARE A TON OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE THE GAME ALREADY AND ARE PLAYING ONLINE. YOUTUBE REVIEWERS, PRESS, VIP'S, ETC.

Im not sure with this game. A couple of reviewers and players who received the game early were banned after they hopped online to check the multiplayer. Just play the

campaign and around Sunday or Monday try the multilplayer. Microsoft has no real way anymore to check if disks are real or not.

Last edited:
^ Bumper Jumper is still in the game, I used it when I played through the campaign. There may be a better layout though (I haven't looked at/tried any other ones), because when using armor abilities you have to move your thumb off of the right analog stick, making it impossible to aim.
Yup. I dont use AA's that often but if you do then Bumper Jumper is not the layout for you. Recons probably in it still and its pretty good, its a mix of Bumper Jumper and Default.

Thats what I'm wondering.... are they even allowed to ship before release date?? 
If they didn't ship it before release date, you wouldn't play the game on the release date.

For big time games like this, the stores have them up to 2 weeks in the back. 

Also :
Finishing Halo 4 will give you cash back on your credit card. And it’s not like it’s some $1.52 ******** you get back from Discover either, it’s $25 off (or £25 in the UK) your American Express bill, provided you link the thing through a promo site.

Linking your card and collecting the “Wake Up, John,” achievement—granted when you finish the game’s campaign—delivers the rebate to your card. This is the first I have ever heard of a game giving you cash off your credit card bill for unlocking achievements. But AmEx and Microsoft have done the deed, so you might as well take advantage of it, if you have the card in your wallet. See here for more details  (here if you live in Great Britain.) 

Just linking your card with your gamertag gets you $10/£10 back on your statement. Completing a Spartan Ops mission (and getting the achievement for doing so) on any difficulty gets you some kind of coupon dependent on buying $100/£100 worth of stuff at a particular retailer.

There’s also a grand-prize competition: Be one of the first 25 in the U.S. (or first 5 in the U.K.) to finish Halo 4 on Legendary Mode and you get a free trip to E3. Oh, Christ. Having gone to four, let me tell you, second prize is two  trips to E3.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom