Halo 4 Thread| The Pit Returns Aug.20

Played one game yesterday they had some new weird map with a teleporter on the top platform. I actually had fun and they forced you into close cool battles like old days.

maps are such an important part of the game and should never be a second thought

Played one game yesterday they had some new weird map with a teleporter on the top platform. I actually had fun and they forced you into close cool battles like old days.

maps are such an important part of the game and should never be a second thought
I'm not really fond of that map, its the one where mid map is basically a hill and rockets are at the top and snipe is down low. Its a nadefest

All the forged maps that theyve made on the outer space map have been good though.

Damb was lookin through my thread subscriptions. Saw like 20+ replies :wow: was shocked lol
So your KING AZANA !

i was wondering which NTer added me on live lol

That new 4 shot BR sounds nice

I haven't been on in awhile

GT: Nujabez
Yeah man haven't played with you in a minute. You gonna get battlefield 4?

I havent seen you in ages - You probably dont remember me either so this might come off as creepy lol

What's up bro. We always seem to be playing diffrent games. You still play halo?

I havent bought any of the map packs. If youre not going to consistently play theres no point in spending 10-30$ on maps. Plus you're still going to play Haven and Adrift 40% of the time anyways cause its all people vote for.

If I start playing consistently again I would definitely get the second one first since its all smaller maps which this game desperately needs, then the third. That first batch of maps was 
sick.gif

Last edited:
I havent bought any of the map packs. If youre not going to consistently play theres no point in spending 10-30$ on maps. Plus you're still going to play Haven and Adrift 40% of the time anyways cause its all people vote for.

If I start playing consistently again I would definitely get the second one first since its all smaller maps which this game desperately needs, then the third. That first batch of maps was 
sick.gif

Cool. Might give it a go this weekend and see what upgrades they've made tonthe gameplay. The online pop had dwindled significantly a while ago so that will be a huge factor on how much I play.

Got my first 50
pimp.gif

, got it in Infinity Slayer. Sucks that you can only see it online, but oh well.

IDK what it is but I've been on fire lately, havent played bad in a minute. Just saw that my k/d has gone up .15 this past month.

Last edited:
Its finally here... The end of the line for the DMR kids. The weapons update is out. Full details below:

Battle Rifle

The Battle Rifle damage has been increased
The Battle Rifle is now capable of killing in four bursts
The Battle Rifle rate of fire has been slightly decreased
The Battle Rifle red reticle range (range at which auto-aim benefits kick in) has been decreased.
Two bursts from a Battle Rifle followed by a melee will now kill an opponent (2-shot melee).

Carbine

The Carbine damage has been increased. The Carbine is now capable of killing in seven rounds
The Carbine accuracy has been increased (projectile spread decrease).
The Carbine red reticle range has been decreased.

LightRifle

The LightRifle zoomed rate of fire has been increased.
The LightRifle un-zoomed rate of fire has been slightly decreased.
The LightRifle red reticle range has been increased to match the updated DMR range.

DMR

The DMR red reticle range has been slightly decreased.

Assault Rifle

The Assault Rifle damage has been slightly increased. The Assault Rifle now kills in three less rounds.
The Assault Rifle auto-aim angle has been reduced.
The Assault Rifle projectile spread has been decreased.

Storm Rifle

The Storm Rifle damage has been increased. The Storm Rifle now kills in three less rounds.
The Storm Rifle auto-aim angle has been reduced.
The Storm Rifle projectile spread has been decreased.

Suppressor

The Suppressor damage has been increased. The Suppressor now kills in three less rounds.
The Suppressor auto-aim angle has been reduced.
The Suppressor projectile spread has been decreased.

SAW

The SAW's damage has been increased to maintain double the damage-per-second of the Assault Rifle

Magnum

The damage has been slightly increased. The Magnum is still capable of killing in six rounds.

Vehicles

-The damage has been increased on both the Mantis and Warthog Chain Gun

Two things that jump out at me other than the 4 shot BR goodness.

-Scoped Light Rifles more powerful, and now I fully expect to see more people using it on the larger maps. BTB is going to be filled with Light Rifle usage

-Making the AR more powerful but increasing the spread
indifferent.gif
Didnt we just have this issue in Halo 3? The AR having a large spread is irrelevant because no one uses it from mid range anyways....

-More powerful SAW
sick.gif
. You cant make that gun more powerful than it already is, you just cant. 

Last edited:
Got so frustrated with BLOPS2 I'm going to throw this game in the disc tray and try it out and see how it goes.

Still hoping they show off Halo 2 at E3 for the XB1 since they're going to have their own servers for games now.

Also Anti it states that the DMR was only slightly nerfed for distance that's still going to be the go to gun.

What about that charge gun the boltfire shot thing like the alien magnum I believe that became the new plasma pistol BR noob combo from last time I played.

I dont think they would ever release H2 with dedicated servers, they would end up killing any interest in Halo 5 and 6 if they did that. No one would want to play them if they had a perfected H2 to play.

That was my main issue with the DMR though, the fact that you can shoot someone from anywhere on any map, and this game has so many more ledges that you can get up on, kids are just sitting high up and cross mapping. Plus with 4 shot BR I just think more people are going to use it, I never stopped it just feels right.

They nerfed the Boltshots range and damage a while back but its still the same gun it was before, I still wouldnt take any secondary starter over it.

I dont think they would ever release H2 with dedicated servers, they would end up killing any interest in Halo 5 and 6 if they did that. No one would want to play them if they had a perfected H2 to play.

That was my main issue with the DMR though, the fact that you can shoot someone from anywhere on any map, and this game has so many more ledges that you can get up on, kids are just sitting high up and cross mapping. Plus with 4 shot BR I just think more people are going to use it, I never stopped it just feels right.

They nerfed the Boltshots range and damage a while back but its still the same gun it was before, I still wouldnt take any secondary starter over it.

I thought that was going to be be the main purpose of having 300K servers so each game can have it's own servers or something.

It is but I doubt they do that for H2, it would hurt them too much. It would suck away all of the attention that they want put towards the next two games. I know I wouldnt care about them that much. If they do remake H2, I doubt it will have online in it and they will hide behind nonsense reasons like "We're focused on other things, we wouldnt be able to give you the true H2 experience cause all of the glitches are gone" and etc

Its pretty good, the BR dominates now its not even funny, I'm loving it. You die real fast though and I'm really used to it yet. It actually makes Haven playable now.

Oh IDK who knows but no scoping with the Beam Rifle is ridiculously easy. You dont even have you try and aim at the guy, as soon as the reticle is near him it locks on to his head.

Last edited:
played yesterday. GREEEEEEEEAT update. they even threw in overshields on maps that respawn and a lot of great stuff but it's a little too late i feel. :frown:

The fact that they went back and changed everything (well almost) about the game is proof that they put out a subpar game to begin with. If halo 5 is anything like this and less like 2 or 3, I'll be done with halo altogether

Back
Top Bottom