Harvey Weinstein = Hollywood dumpster fire.

Disney, Pixar Animation executive John Lasseter to take a leave of absence, citing 'missteps'
Lasseter, the pioneering executive who built Pixar Animation Studios into an entertainment juggernaut and helped revive Disney’s once-struggling animation business, said in the memo that the decision followed “difficult conversations.”

“I’ve recently had a number of difficult conversations that have been very painful for me,” Lasseter wrote in the memo, which was first reported by the Hollywood Reporter. “It’s never easy to face your missteps, but it’s the only way to learn from them. ... It’s been brought to my attention that I have made some of you feel disrespected or uncomfortable. That was never my intent.”

Lasseter, in the letter, described his absence as a six-month sabbatical. He has served as chief creative officer of Walt Disney Animation Studios since 2006.

“We are committed to maintaining an environment in which all employees are respected and empowered to do their best work,” a Disney spokesman said in a statement. “We appreciate John’s candor and sincere apology and fully support his sabbatical.”
http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-john-lasseter-pixar-20171121-story.html

I was reading on variety that young women working at pixar were warned about lasseter for years. Their hr department must not do anything all day.

I told mans these jawns out here lying. They mad someone ain't give em a chance, so they lying on they box

Damn, Lasseter is a huge exec to be stepping down. It'll be curious to see what, if any, stories pop up soon about him. His influence on not only Pixar, but also Disney animation, and the entire landscape is enormous.

Piven passed a lie detector test. :wow:
D5DA4210-F24E-436E-9EA7-6561F8BA9C19.gif

Like I said earlier. Piven passing his lie detector test won't matter unfortunately.
Why won't it matter? He was accused and was so adamant about it he took a lie detector and passed with flying colors. Case closed, for him anyway.

you know good and damn well Twitter feminist sjws aint just gonna let him live

once that stain is on you its on you

unless you go on an entire campaign about it and your narrative/evidence makes more sense than the accuser and the only example that thats even worked for is Pac and maybe only because he died and its foul to suggest otherwise

Damn, Lasseter is a huge exec to be stepping down. It'll be curious to see what, if any, stories pop up soon about him. His influence on not only Pixar, but also Disney animation, and the entire landscape is enormous.

Apparently THR ran a story saying he was trying to get at Rashida Jones, but Jones came out in a statement saying that story was false
Rashida Jones says she left 'Toy Story 4' because of a lack of diverse voices, not an unwanted advance from Pixar chief
On Tuesday, Lasseter confirmed he was taking a six-month leave of absence after what he called "missteps," shortly before The Hollywood Reporter published a report with accusations against him including "grabbing, kissing, making comments about physical attributes." The THR story also cited sources who said Jones left the project early because Lasseter "made an unwanted advance."

In a statement Tuesday, Jones and McCormack said they did not leave Pixar because of an unwanted advance from Lasseter, but that they were still "happy to see people speaking out about behavior that made them uncomfortable."
http://www.businessinsider.com/rash...ft-toy-story-4-after-unwanted-advance-2017-11

No. One of the first things I learned in college was that lie detector tests mean nothing in court.

It's more of a stress detector or heart rate consistency tracker. Neither of those absolutely determine whether someone lied or not.

Why won't it matter? He was accused and was so adamant about it he took a lie detector and passed with flying colors. Case closed, for him anyway.
For a number of reasons. It's not really used in court, we don't know the questions they asked so people will dismiss it, people have passed and lied on the tests, and most importantly he's guilty in the court of public opinion. No appeals, cross examinations, or presentation of evidence.

Edit: To be fair to Jeremy Piven, eye witness testimony is also considered to be unreliable in court, however if a witness were to speak up about Jeremy, it would be used against him by the same people dismissing the lie detector test.

Don't want people to think that I think all women are lying or that any of what he did didn't happen. Just saying that taking a lie detector test is useless.

Last edited:
Polygraphs aren't admissible in most states. They're used for leverage during interrogation mostly.

lol *****s in here really celebrating piven passing a lie detector?

murderers pass lie detectors everyday b
There's a reason why they're generally inadmissible in criminal trials. All they do is measure the reactions of the body to interrogation. Probably most people will have some level of increase in heartrate, blood pressure, ... if they lie on a polygraph. But the individual can also simply be nervous. You can try to deliberately stress yourself to throw off the baseline measurements or you could also fool it entirely if you're very accustomed to lying or criminal behavior. Someone who doesn't care about lying in the slightest or potential criminal acts he may have committed isn't going to have significant spikes on his polygraph test. Someone with little to no empathy is going to pass a polygraph with ease.

Last edited:
The dude from Pixar
Head dude
Just went on leave due to allegations
Now supposedly toy story 4 in jeopardy
Cause Rashida Jones whose a co-writer
Quit :smh:
We need toy story 4 :smh:

Back
Top Bottom