Has Derrick Rose lost YOUR respect? SRS

Yes they do. The fans are their employer.

Thank you, and thank you Tr1ll for embedding some common sense into this topic.

"Derrick Rose, or NBA players owe nothing to the fans" is top 5 most moronic statements i've ever read on NT in 10 years.

DCAmerican, JJs, DubA, you should all feel honored to hold such a prestigious title.

Last edited:
He's finally been shut down by the Bulls. Every ounce of criticism he got following the doctors clearing him has been deserved. It was poorly handled from all angles.

:lol: Muscle memory.

my dude really thought he was a baby :lol:

i think rose next step on his road to recovery is to consult a baby...

who better to tackle the issue of muscle memory than a baby?

Last edited:

"Derrick Rose, or NBA players owe nothing to the fans" is top 5 most moronic statements i've ever read on NT in 10 years.

DCAmerican, JJs, DubA, you should all feel honored to hold such a prestigious title.

:lol: Mogs is grown ups still looking up to these cats. Probably got posters on their wall.

I totally forgot about this, until this thread was made 

I buy a lot of Knicks tickets. Yet for some reason when I demanded to see my employee named Carmelo, I was laughed out of the building. I told security I was his employer and I wanted to scold him for his poor performance. But they just weren't having it.

I buy a lot of Knicks tickets. Yet for some reason when I demanded to see my employee named Carmelo, I was laughed out of the building. I told security I was his employer and I wanted to scold him for his poor performance. But they just weren't having it.

I swear you guys are so simple...

Like talkin to kids..

:smh:

Last edited:
Fans are the SOLE reason why sports professional leagues are able to exist. Fans are the SOLE reason they get paid the amount of money they do. Ticket sales, merchandise, TV deals. It's ALL about the fans. If you really think that players don't owe it to the fans then you're ignorant. No fans, no money, no money, no team, no team, no league. If it was about "the love of the game" they'd be playing at their local YMCA.

If DRose is able to play physically, and he is medically cleared to do so, then he needs to try to get on the floor. Dont tell me that mentally you can't play when you signed a 95 million dollar contract. If you can play, and it's all in your head, suit the *^^ up and play you *&^^%, or restructure the deal to accommodate for your mental weakness.

Last edited:

No they don't.

If all you people who are hating on Derrick Rose stopped watching the NBA and never bought another ticket.....somebody else will gladly take your place as a fan.

The Chicago Bulls are Derrick Roses employer, not you, if him sitting out affects their bottom line, they'll cut him or not re-sign him eventually.

All you Derrick Rose haters who are on here whining about him, can just shut it and sit on the couch and enjoy watching Noah and KyproNate play til Derrick Rose is ready to play

Fans are the SOLE reason why sports professional leagues are able to exist. Fans are the SOLE reason they get paid the amount of money they do. Ticket sales, merchandise, TV deals. It's ALL about the fans. If you really think that players don't owe it to the fans then you're ignorant. No fans, no money, no money, no team, no team, no league. If it was about "the love of the game" they'd be playing at their local YMCA.

If DRose is able to play physically, and he is medically cleared to do so, then he needs to try to get on the floor. Dont tell me that mentally you can't play when you signed a 95 million dollar contract. If you can play, and it's all in your head, suit the *^^ up and play you *&^^%, or restructure the deal to accommodate for your mental weakness.

The overarching issue is that you're seriously justifying someone acting against what they believe is in their best interest to fulfill YOURS. Do you not see how laughable that is? You think you own/employ the players, or that you're entitled. You aren't...at all. Also, you cede the right to complain about the price point and salaries when you the consumer set it. Stop watching or dropping 20 on parking and 8 on beer. No one's forcing you. The secondary issue is the money. Clearly the money he's making for "doing nothing"/sitting on the bench is bothersome. But, like earlier you can't be mad when you as part of the consumer base allow for that. You can't help create the monster than complain about it.

Last edited:
To say nba players don't owe the fans doesn't make sense to me, especially we're usually the first people they thank when they win awards and such.

But to say we employ them is going to far in the other direction, fans are a vital part of the machine that allows them to be who they are and in some cases become legends but we don't exactly cut the checks.

Gotta be a middle ground in here somewhere , no need to go to extremes to make a point.

The overarching issue is that you're seriously justifying someone acting against what they believe is in their best interest to fulfill YOURS. Do you not see how
laughable that is. You think you own/employ the players, or that you're entitled. You aren't...at all. Also, you cede the right to complain about the price point and salaries when you the consumer set it. Stop watching or dropping 20 on parking and 8 on beer. No one's forcing you. The secondary issue is the money. Clearly the money he's making for "doing nothing"/sitting on the bench is bothersome. But, like earlier you can't be mad when you as part of the consumer base allow for that. You can't help create the monster than complain about it.

You just proved my point, that fans ARE the reason they get paid what they do. They ARE the reason the NBA exists. Since WE, the fans are the reason they get paid so much money, why shouldn't we demand they play when they are physically able to? Why shouldn't fans be upset that a player making 95million a year who is physically able to play, and has been medically clear, isn't playing because of mental weakness? If he can play, he should. Tha fans drive this business, so Bulls fans can demand Rose play if they want. Rose owes it to the fans to play if he can.

Last edited:
If you guys really want D Rose back, boycott watching all Bulls games and attending them until he does. I mean since you are the SOLE reason they are getting paid. Bunch of entitled pricks in here mad cause they hate their job :lol:

The overarching issue is that you're seriously justifying someone acting against what they believe is in their best interest to fulfill YOURS. Do you not see how
laughable that is. You think you own/employ the players, or that you're entitled. You aren't...at all. Also, you cede the right to complain about the price point and salaries when you the consumer set it. Stop watching or dropping 20 on parking and 8 on beer. No one's forcing you. The secondary issue is the money. Clearly the money he's making for "doing nothing"/sitting on the bench is bothersome. But, like earlier you can't be mad when you as part of the consumer base allow for that. You can't help create the monster than complain about it.

You just proved my point, that fans ARE the reason they get paid what they do. They ARE the reason the NBA exists. Since WE, the fans are the reason they get paid so much money, why shouldn't we demand they play when they are physically able to? Why shouldn't fans be upset that a player making 95million a year who is physically able to play, and has been medically clear, isn't playing because of mental weakness? If he can play, he should. Tha fans drive this business, so Bulls fans can demand Rose play if they want. Rose owes it to the fans to play if he can.
So if Stephen Curry's brother died would you demand he plays in these playoffs? I mean he would be physically fine and since you pay his salary he should play right?

To say nba players don't owe the fans doesn't make sense to me, especially we're usually the first people they thank when they win awards and such.

But to say we employ them is going to far in the other direction, fans are a vital part of the machine that allows them to be who they are and in some cases become legends but we don't exactly cut the checks.

Gotta be a middle ground in here somewhere , no need to go to extremes to make a point.

You guys are underestimating the fan's worth. Why do you guys think teams sign billion dollar televsion contracts? Why do you guys think the NBA has tried to push the NBA in China, Latin America, and soon India? Fans are the driving force behind the NBA and without us they don't exist.

Last edited:

Because no one asked or forced you to. You did it willingly. If you don't like it...

So if Stephen Curry's brother died would you demand he plays in these playoffs? I mean he would be physically fine and since you pay his salary he should play right?

:stoneface:

Come on, do I really have to be that specific. Should I state EVERY circumstance in which a physically able player should be excused? Don't be a simpleton. Obviously there are reasonable, and unreasonable demands. There is no reasonable excuse as to why Dereck Rose isn't playing right now.

No they don't.

If all you people who are hating on Derrick Rose stopped watching the NBA and never bought another ticket.....somebody else will gladly take your place as a fan.

The Chicago Bulls are Derrick Roses employer, not you, if him sitting out affects their bottom line, they'll cut him or not re-sign him eventually.

All you Derrick Rose haters who are on here whining about him, can just shut it and sit on the couch and enjoy watching Noah and KyproNate play til Derrick Rose is ready to play

The company I work for has 100 million customers if I told a single one of them they don't matter because we have 100 million of them I'd be fired.

The NBA is a business first and foremost and the players are employees of said business.

The fans are the customers of said business.

It's sad I had to point this out.

Dude in talking about I buy a lot of Knicks tickets I want to see my employee. :lol:

People can't grasp simple concepts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom