Hathaway is Catwoman; Hardy is Bane

The movie should still be good regardless. You guys who are downplaying the casting are acting like you guys are some well known movie critics. Let it be. Aren't you guys the same people who enjoyed the first two movies with an actor/actress you didn't like? Wait and reserve judgment until you actually see this one...or go in with no expectations.
tongue.gif

I really hope this ain't the last of Batman movies. Well, the good ones anyway...
mad.gif
eyes.gif
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

You won't get an argument from me in regards to Bane's ranks among Batman's rogues gallery, I just think there needs to be another villain involved. Look at The Dark Knight. Joker is unquestionably one of the top 3 greatest comic book villains of all time, yet they were still able to find a way to integrate the Harvey Dent/ Two Face arc. Same with Ra's in Batman Begins, another one of Batman's greatest arch rivals, but they also had Scarecrow in the film.

Now I can see if they had Catwoman as the secondary villain, but she's not technically a villain. As for having her as a love interest, I agree, that would eliminate the need for Talia.

I guess what I'm somewhat griping over, is that I never was a fan of Catwoman and as good a villain Bane is, I still think you need to add someone else to the mix.

I think it can work if they did it similar to Batman Returns where there are practically a 3-way battle between Bats, Catwomana nd the Penguin. I'd love to see another villain but even with Nolans track record, sometimes it can be way too much to add another villain. I would be having Spiderman 3 flashbacks, a long winded movie that didn't need Sandman as a villain. 
I still don't think TDK will be topped because of how it was made and written, the twists in every turn and how the Joker was just way ahead of the Bats. You never knew what to expect from the beginning to end. I'm not sure mind games like that would work too well again for this movie w/o being too forced and cliche. Nolan will probably prove me wrong but right now, I can be happy with Catwoman and Bane but would love to see Strange in the movie. 

You won't get an argument from me in regards to Bane's ranks among Batman's rogues gallery, I just think there needs to be another villain involved. Look at The Dark Knight. Joker is unquestionably one of the top 3 greatest comic book villains of all time, yet they were still able to find a way to integrate the Harvey Dent/ Two Face arc. Same with Ra's in Batman Begins, another one of Batman's greatest arch rivals, but they also had Scarecrow in the film.

Now I can see if they had Catwoman as the secondary villain, but she's not technically a villain. As for having her as a love interest, I agree, that would eliminate the need for Talia.

I guess what I'm somewhat griping over, is that I never was a fan of Catwoman and as good a villain Bane is, I still think you need to add someone else to the mix.

I think it can work if they did it similar to Batman Returns where there are practically a 3-way battle between Bats, Catwomana nd the Penguin. I'd love to see another villain but even with Nolans track record, sometimes it can be way too much to add another villain. I would be having Spiderman 3 flashbacks, a long winded movie that didn't need Sandman as a villain. 
I still don't think TDK will be topped because of how it was made and written, the twists in every turn and how the Joker was just way ahead of the Bats. You never knew what to expect from the beginning to end. I'm not sure mind games like that would work too well again for this movie w/o being too forced and cliche. Nolan will probably prove me wrong but right now, I can be happy with Catwoman and Bane but would love to see Strange in the movie. 

Did anyone else hear about Aronofsky writing a Batman story he wants for a graphic novel, and possibly a film? Seeing Nolan leave the Batman series will be sad, but having Aronofsky's interpretation of the Batman would be awesome.

Did anyone else hear about Aronofsky writing a Batman story he wants for a graphic novel, and possibly a film? Seeing Nolan leave the Batman series will be sad, but having Aronofsky's interpretation of the Batman would be awesome.

I'd love to see that happen but I want to see what he does with Wolverine first. I mean the first one isn't hard to top but I am expecting him to WOW me with the sequel.

I'd love to see that happen but I want to see what he does with Wolverine first. I mean the first one isn't hard to top but I am expecting him to WOW me with the sequel.

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

This is the last movie Nolan is doing BTW

Wait. Ever or just Batman movies. Can't be ever 
This isn't set in concrete but I'm pretty sure it won't be the last Batman movie ever. Read on yahoo the other day, director Darren Arnofsky (currently directing "The Wolverine", did "Black Swan", "The Wrestler", "Requiem for a Dream") looking to take over the Batman franchise once Nolan's done with it. The only difference from the 80s and 90s movies though is that wouldn't be a direct sequel and continuation of Nolan's Batman universe.

It would basically be a reboot of the series as Arnofsky was quoted saying he was interested in one of the original comic book series storylines "Batman Year One" or something like that.

Kind of cool to read but it'll be weird since most likely they'll recast for all the roles and I'm used to Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne and etc. Hopefully it would be a little while after the The Dark Knight Rises comes out; and not like a year or two later 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

This is the last movie Nolan is doing BTW

Wait. Ever or just Batman movies. Can't be ever 
This isn't set in concrete but I'm pretty sure it won't be the last Batman movie ever. Read on yahoo the other day, director Darren Arnofsky (currently directing "The Wolverine", did "Black Swan", "The Wrestler", "Requiem for a Dream") looking to take over the Batman franchise once Nolan's done with it. The only difference from the 80s and 90s movies though is that wouldn't be a direct sequel and continuation of Nolan's Batman universe.

It would basically be a reboot of the series as Arnofsky was quoted saying he was interested in one of the original comic book series storylines "Batman Year One" or something like that.

Kind of cool to read but it'll be weird since most likely they'll recast for all the roles and I'm used to Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne and etc. Hopefully it would be a little while after the The Dark Knight Rises comes out; and not like a year or two later 
laugh.gif

Didn't go through the last couple pages, but I read people saying that Hathaway isn't that great of an actress.

Have any of you watched her in 'Passengers'???
eek.gif

Didn't go through the last couple pages, but I read people saying that Hathaway isn't that great of an actress.

Have any of you watched her in 'Passengers'???
eek.gif

Don't rush to judgement. I remember the controversy over Heath getting the Joker part. Dudes wanted Buscemi and Depp and said the same things about Heath that's being said about Hathaway.

Don't rush to judgement. I remember the controversy over Heath getting the Joker part. Dudes wanted Buscemi and Depp and said the same things about Heath that's being said about Hathaway.

Originally Posted by John Sterling

Exactly. I remember the firestorm that was created when it was announced Ledger was the Joker. I, too was a little puzzled at the choice (since Ledger's previous works really didn't lend anything to draw off of for the Joker role) but was still intrigued since I had faith in Nolan that he knew what he was doing.  And it came out to near perfection
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by John Sterling

Exactly. I remember the firestorm that was created when it was announced Ledger was the Joker. I, too was a little puzzled at the choice (since Ledger's previous works really didn't lend anything to draw off of for the Joker role) but was still intrigued since I had faith in Nolan that he knew what he was doing.  And it came out to near perfection
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

True, I actually liked THC as Sandman, but he was so out of place in the film.

And like I said earlier, I really don't care about the actors because they'll give Nolan 100%, but I just never liked Catwoman as a villain to begin with. I'm sure Nolan will find a way to make her existence in his series meaningful so I'm excited to see what he comes up with.

Originally Posted by RFX45

True, I actually liked THC as Sandman, but he was so out of place in the film.

And like I said earlier, I really don't care about the actors because they'll give Nolan 100%, but I just never liked Catwoman as a villain to begin with. I'm sure Nolan will find a way to make her existence in his series meaningful so I'm excited to see what he comes up with.

Back
Top Bottom