Have Jordans jumped the shark?

Jordan's legacy is connected with Air Jordans unlike some of the other example you guys are giving.
Half of the mystique of the shoe back then was the fact that the best player wore them and the other half was the anticipation.

I think Jordans are different now because the world is different.

Back then, there was no Youtube. There was no Tivo or DVR. When the Bulls played you cleared your schedule and nothing else was allowed on the TV.There was no NT to tell us when the next Js were dropping. The only way you knew some new Js were coming soon is because the man himself was wearing the new model while the rest of the team had the old ones on.

He was like a basketball playing advertisement. Doing amazing things in hot kicks. And he had the whole marketing machine behind him. Everyone wanted to be "Like Mike"The next day you would go to school and everyone would be talking about what Jordan was wearing and the hype began until we got a new commercial.

Then they would come out and you would cop and take them home and discover all of the tiniest little things that made the sneaker hot, like the 3M on the 6s and the 13s, or looking at the soles of the 9s and 10s, or discovering just how clean the mesh looks on some DS Concords. The things that you couldn't see from the pictures available.

There was a certain mystery about the whole process that made it like a hunt. especially trying to find your grails.
Back when MOST of the world knew nothing about double copping and keeping a pair on ice for years.

But now we have HD pictures of the shoes months and months in advance. There is no real discovery period. Everyone knows every single detail of every sneaker in the signature line. There is no passion for what made the brand special in the first place, Michael Jordan.

Now its more about looking cool as evidenced by the vast number of people who cop shoes wear them once, take pics for the Gram and resell for over retail 2 or 3 days later. (did you even want the shoes at all?) Oh and don't forget the created computer programs to buy up the entire stock so that they can artificially inflate the prices AFTER they flex for the Gram.

This is why people talk about watching Jordan play. Because wearing the shoes used to actually mean something other than buying trendy shoes and bragging about it on social media.

Last edited:
if i wasnt nostalgically connected to kicks my *** definitely wouldn't be dropping coin on em thats for sure...

That's odd as hell to me.

You wouldn't just like the way 3's look even if you didn't have formative memories of MJ playing?

At the end of the day some of them are just good looking sneakers beyond Mike's legacy.

i could achieve w/e look id wanna do have rocking mikes for way less...

im a nike fan, Jordans live in that world..

Yea I was there, the release was ******ed. I'm glad I got my pair, but that two day Campout wasn't necessary due to all that :lol:

Nah Jordans still fire. Dbs which released the other day are [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

View media item 2267704
Bruh :lol:. These look like some cheap fakes that's used to be on the sites with the gucci 11s. Disgusting cw. Should've kept with the ogs.

Only reason dudes lined up was because they were dbs. If they were general release joint at every store they would've sat and ended up in nike outlets and other sites 30% off.

Possibly, but I still would've copped. They got my moms initials on the back and everything. Plus they go to charity, it's for a good cause

i have not bought Js in some time. but its the same shoes over and over and the price keeps going up.

i remember someone posting this and its basically why some of us older jordan heads have given up

View media item 2267733

Last edited:
i have not bought Js in some time. but its the same shoes over and over and the price keeps going up.

i remember someone posting this and its basically why some of us older jordan heads have given up

I'm confused. Some say they don't like repetitive shoes releasing, but they want the OGs. JB releases the stuff like posted above, older heads don't like it. What gives?

Last edited:
I wouldn't buy the ogs but I old see how younger dudes would seeing they were kids or wasn't old enough to cop 1st time around. But all the dbs and **** like that, we all know it's the hype train. Slap a limited tag on em, release at certain stores and dudes will sleep in the cold for 3 days to say they got em. Marketing has been simple the last few years. Don't need billboards, commercials, athletes wearing em just say limited.

I wouldn't buy the ogs but I old see how younger dudes would seeing they were kids or wasn't old enough to cop 1st time around. But all the dbs and **** like that, we all know it's the hype train. Slap a limited tag on em, release at certain stores and dudes will sleep in the cold for 3 days to say they got em. Marketing has been simple the last few years. Don't need billboards, commercials, athletes wearing em just say limited.
If you're selling limited is a key word but for some aesthetics of the sneaker still play a part in desirability of a shoe. Just cuz a shoe is sitting don't make it a bad shoe, reason most might hesitate to cop is because they know they can buy it later down the line, possibly cheaper. A limited shoe on the other hand, once it's done it's usually done

If those were a gr and were sitting they would be outlet fodder and my boy alp woulda had 48 hrs back

Back
Top Bottom